• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Explorations of Questionable Taste: The Pink Sportcoat Thread

BlueSteel

Reaction score

BlueSteel

Reaction score

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fox Brothers - nothing really.

Scabal -

852971-5f27b5c7791d8.jpg

A 85/15% cashmere/silk blend, 260G. Roppongi Hills (who names these?) book

853106-61f7a36d3b298.jpg

Darker than I am looking for 47/43/10 linen/wool/cotton blend, from the Amalfi book

853125-61f7a36e9e096.jpg

This has more going on than I am looking for 55/45 silk/wool, 240G Nobility book

There are some very interesting cord colors, and herringbones, but neither are the topic at hand.

853127-61f7a36ec97b0.jpg

This is probably the least offensive relevant check. Not what I am looking for, but included as a community service. 55/45 silk/wool, 240G Nobility book

Honestly, I am a bit "fancied" out by Scabal's offerings and their website is a little rough - you cannot right click to open in a new tab, and the sort order of the output seems randomized.

BlueSteel

Reaction score
T.R. Pescod models Attolini - if I looked as good as this guy in this outfit I would not be wasting my time on an internet forum with you dudes...lol!

Attolini T.R. Pescod Screenshot.png

BlueSteel

Reaction score

clothingfun

Reaction score
@circumspice I hope you and everyone else is well.

About a couple years ago under the “ongoing bespoke” thread I shared a pink jacket I commissioned from Dege and Skinner. Nick De’Ath has been the cutter for all of my commissions and he is very talented.

I’ll try and copy and paste some previous photos but if it doesn’t work, or if you care to see a few more photos, you can search my threads over there.

My first foray into a hopsack and it’s pretty neat. Nice fabric that I enjoy wearing. You may want to check it out.

I have plenty of the usual colors and wanted something offbeat and fun and this certainly fits the bill. This has been a load of fun to wear. Young man my opinion is go for it! Life is short, enjoy yourself!

Everyone have a great day.

1688600151670.png

1688600184769.jpeg

1688600228214.jpeg

BlueSteel

Reaction score

About a couple years ago under the “ongoing bespoke” thread I shared a pink jacket I commissioned from Dege and Skinner. Nick De’Ath has been the cutter for all of my commissions and he is very talented.

I’ll try and copy and paste some previous photos but if it doesn’t work, or if you care to see a few more photos, you can search my threads over there.

My first foray into a hopsack and it’s pretty neat. Nice fabric that I enjoy wearing. You may want to check it out.

I have plenty of the usual colors and wanted something offbeat and fun and this certainly fits the bill. This has been a load of fun to wear. Young man my opinion is go for it! Life is short, enjoy yourself!

View attachment 1986177

View attachment 1986179

View attachment 1986181

Great jacket and you wear it well!

I wear my share of navy and brown attire also, but this is really visually interesting. Bespoke is perfect for something that does not have to appeal to the masses, like this piece.

strider11

Reaction score

View attachment 1986177

View attachment 1986179

View attachment 1986181

strider11

Reaction score

View attachment 1986177

View attachment 1986179

View attachment 1986181
Great shade of pink with the grey pants, solid all around. The patch pockets look a little heavy but maybe that is just lighting. I like them for functionality.

strider11

Reaction score
Perhaps a cry for help? What does the guy who needs nothing thinks he needs: A dusty rose or perhaps pink sportcoat.

This started off a year or so ago when I attempted to buy a length of a vintage VBC fabric from Il Vecchio Drappiere - think dusty rose with a white windowpane. Then, a day or two later, email: sorry, out of stock.

This thread is going to capture my inner dialogue as I go through various mills+merchants online offerings. I am not really looking for RTW as I tend to doubt there is much on offer in a cut that isn't as questionable in taste as the color may be.
A cry for help answered: Sink the Pink! Wonderful color, you will stand out from the grey smear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads