• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That appears to be either the Rain or the Simpson last. Notice the soft chisel toe and the slight indentation just before the toe slopes downward toward the end of the shoe. No Rain or Simpson jodphur photos on their website, but here are two suede chelsea boots:

Rain:

Simpson:

I suppose this ends up being a question for Mike, which applies to the balmoral as well. With this MTO, are we taking an existing model and simply defining the details or are we able to take a last that doesn't currently feature the makeup we want (using the Carmina website as reference), and build on that?

For example, with the jodhpur boot, can those who want it specify the Rain or Simpson last with the wrap around buckle fastener that we see on the Alcudia last model?

SeventyFive

Reaction score
Would it be possible to find out what lasts can go to narrower widths? I'd hate to vote for a last and then end up not being able to get the boot in my size.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I suppose this ends up being a question for Mike, which applies to the balmoral as well. With this MTO, are we taking an existing model and simply defining the details or are we able to take a last that doesn't currently feature the makeup we want (using the Carmina website as reference), and build on that?
For example, with the jodhpur boot, can those who want it specify the Rain or Simpson last with the wrap around buckle fastener that we see on the Alcudia last model?

Yup, this should be possible in most cases. There's certain styles that can't be done on certain lasts, but that's in the minority. Doing the Jophur on the Rain or Simpson should be no problem. And you should be able to choose either of the strap/buckle configurations.

BTW: the Rain last is fantastic. I chose it for our Chelsea boot because it strikes a great balance of a comfortable toe shape that's not too pointed and not too blocky. It makes for a great dress/casual style, and I'd totally recommend it for the Jodphur boot. We've had concrete good sizing feedback on it too.

Last edited:

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cowperwood, I can't recall exactly what last I noted as a preference, but can you please change it to Alcudia or Rain for me as well. I definitely want the buckle like in the Alcudia/Rain photo; not the Forest one. Thanks much.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Haa, mike is awesome. I can't believe I have yet to purchase anything from Epaulet. This experience has really made me a fan of theirs

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Haa, mike is awesome. I can't believe I have yet to purchase anything from Epaulet. This experience has really made me a fan of theirs

Roman, I don't think I can be your virtual friend anymore. I am shocked you haven't made any purchases from Epaulet. Mike is the best retailer out there and puts out amazing product. His pants and shirts are phenomenal. I can not speak more highly about his customer service. You owe it to yourself to start dropping some coin with Mike; your closet will appreciate it. Promise. HA!

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
G, does this mean were not internet friends anymore? to be fair, I wasn't too familiar with the Epaulet brand until the Carmina's dropped. Now I regret having lived all these months without beautiful trousers in my life

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Cowperwood, I can't recall exactly what last I noted as a preference, but can you please change it to Alcudia or Rain for me as well. I definitely want the buckle like in the Alcudia/Rain photo; not the Forest one. Thanks much.

I will change that for you. I think I'll add Rain to the list of lasts. Or maybe just as pictured, with the assumption that we'll figure out what that means. Anyone who feels a need to revise can let me.

Need to submit my preferences for the Balmoral.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads