Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by NAMOR, Dec 4, 2011.

1. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

If you havent seen the new Carmina make-ups from Epaulet, check them out. They are incredible. A few members showed interest in a Carmina MTO and Mike said it was very doable.

What does everyone think of a balmoral boot? :D

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012

2. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

I have boots covered. My idea from the Epaulet thread...

The last of the Carver boot in a two or three eyelet plain toe made with the same caramel calfskin as the Salinger. Sort of a mash up of the Carver last, the Ashbery eyelets and the Salinger calfskin, but not a boot. Heck, the Ashbery color would be amazing.

[​IMG]

+

[​IMG]

+

[​IMG]

3. nbernie

nbernie Senior member

Bal boot sounds cool. I will repost my suggestion from Ep thread:

Burgundy or Darkbrown Captoe Oxford on the Robert or Alcudia Last

4. nbernie

nbernie Senior member

So Scott, to clarify, you're suggesting a 3 eyelet chukka in caramel calfskin on the Rain last?

5. gracian

gracian Senior member

6. gentpax

gentpax Senior member

Things I saw in the Barcelona store that I really liked:

1) Tan pebble grain three-eye chukka on Danite. Simpson or Rain.
    - Would have grabbed these, but was already overpacked... also, it was 10/15, and the Occupy protest that day had Carmina closing early.

2) Single monk in dark brown calf. Inca.
    - Ended up with the dark brown calf double monk on the Filadelphia, but these were a close second.

3) Wholecuts in saddle shell. I'm not as shell-happy as most here, but these were eye-catching in any last.

7. nbernie

nbernie Senior member

Aren't we are trying to create a new shoe? If Carmina has it already, why have it as a colab for Epaulet? Is it hard to proxy(not being a dick, this is a serious question)?

8. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011

9. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

Since delivery would be April/May I would rather order a spring/summer shoe in a tan, like the ones below. And maybe a darker shoe or boot in the fall/spring. Just a thought.

"Snuff Suede Full Brogue in Rain Last
    [​IMG]

Or a light brown captoe like the Saddle Cordovan Brogue but in calf.
    [​IMG]

10. elwood49

elwood49 Well-Known Member

I would definitely be in for one of these in a similar calf color provided I could get my size (13D US/12 UK). Hopefully we can order larger sizes due to this being a MTO.

11. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

Not a chukka. Put the Salinger in caramel calfskin on the Rain last and do a 2 or 3 eyelet instead of the double monk.

12. nbernie

nbernie Senior member

Down for this if we can go a little darker ie: a tan calf rather than this whiskey cordo.

13. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I would be in for a whiskey or reddish hue balmoral of a sort.

14. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys,

First off, huge thanks to NAMOR for starting this thread. We're really excited about the prospect of putting together some Carmina exclusives for Styleforum! It's great to see what a strong reception the shoes have received.

I'm open to whatever you guys want to make. Here's a few points from our side:

1. As stated, if we can get things finalized in early Jan, we should be able to get a mid-April to mid-May delivery.

2. We can work in calfskin, scotchgrain, suede, or shell cordovan. Available shell colors are generally: Saddle, Chestnut, Burgundy (like Color 8), Black, Dark Red, Loden, and Navy. Just like with Alden, Shell Cordovan makeups may be subject to delays - even up to a few months - as it's entirely dependent on the availability of the leather from Horween. The other leathers are all sourced from Europe and should be no problem to get within the planned timeframe. But if there's going to be a significant delay on the shell, I should be able to get a realistic estimated delivery window before collecting deposits.

Sole options are: Leather, Dainite, and Crepe. For edge finishing, we can have a natural edge, a medium brown edge (I used that on most of our makeups), or a black edge.

3. As this is a custom order, it's totally possible for us to do things in extended sizes and widths. We can do narrows and wides. And I believe most lasts can be made from UK 6 through UK 12.5 (approx US 7 through US 13.5) without a problem.

4. Once the shoes are made up, they will be final sale. I understand that this can be concerning if you've never had the option to try on Carminas, but if you've worn Aldens, then the sizing equation that we have in our product description has proven to be very reliable, and it works for most customers. Carmina lasts have an excellent fit.

5. To start, I'd suggest doing two styles for a Spring delivery - with one being Shell Cordovan (if you guys want that) and one being a non-shell leather. Take it from me - the calf, suede, and scotchgrain that Carmina uses is awesome. It would be great to give everyone the option of two different leathers and price points.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011

15. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member