• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
according to 1 sizing post in this thread, the Inca last is a very wide, EE last? does that mean the double monks epaulet currently has are wider than a standard D?

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WTF I guess, I mean will have the second stepdaughter in college next year, we adopted a kid that had been abandoned by his parents and HE will be starting college next year, I want to get a submariner for a Christmas present and my fiancee wants to quit her job...I think I'm in!
How many people are in for the blue boot?

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

WTF I guess, I mean will have the second stepdaughter in college next year, we adopted a kid that had been abandoned by his parents and HE will be starting college next year, I want to get a submariner for a Christmas present and my fiancee wants to quit her job...I think I'm in!

I like the rationale...You only live once, right? :slayer:

I am definitely in for the blue jodhpur with brown edge.

wrinklefree

Reaction score

Total noob to Carmina, but I cannot resist throwing in my 2 cents but a blue shell captoe boot would sound nice. Feel free to dismiss it : )

Also I have a handful of Aldens including a Cigar Indy from Epaulet but I do worry about sizing for a MTO on a last I never tried on.

Do people with both Aldens and Carmina's concur with the idea that a 8.5D on a Barrie would fit a 8UK Carmina?

NiFTY

Reaction score
i would also be keen for the navy shell jodhpur

Renton

Reaction score
Even though I can't access the spreadsheet, I'm interested in both the jodhpur and the balmoral boot.

rzapol

Reaction score

^ my first job was at Target. Worked there for 3 years. Loooved it for so many reasons. Fortunately the only shoes I was interested in at the time were Nike dunks. Lol

NAMOR,
Haha! Glad you enjoyed the retail experience. Not joking to say that I think it helps give you a lot of perspective as a shopper to have had the history.

After 20 years in the biz I am perhaps at a higher level than Target. May reveal more as time passes, but suffice it to say that I have the possibility to get some pretty good stuff at discount so it says a lot about these boots that I am willing to consider plumping for full retail!

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm of the opinion that everyone should work retail and food service for a minimum of 6 months each.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And here are the results as of this morning for anyone who has had trouble viewing the spreadsheet. Link should be available to anyone, without signing in to Google. Once again, let me know if this doesn't work.

And, since it looks like we've got strong support for the balmoral boot and the jodphur, may I suggest that we move ahead with the details of each makeup? I'll be happy to create new forms to collect information, if that suits people. If there's another method preferred, I'm not offended.

I think we can start collecting details on the makeups to narrow things down even further.

The details that I can think of, in no particular order, are:

• Last (Robert for the bal, ?? for the jodphur)
  • Leather is obviously cordovan in both cases.
  • Color (I can retrieve the options Mike listed and insert these)
  • Edge trim color (We probably need to decide on some standard terms here)
  • Lacing/fastening options (i.e. speed hooks for the bal, buckle color for the jodphur, anything else?)
  • Sole material (double leather or Dainite)
  • Welting (Need to make sure we have our terms straight here)
  • Toe decoration (straight/perf cap for the bal, plain or medallion for the jodphur)

What else?

In re. the shoe makeups, seems like the short wing is the only one with some momentum among the options I listed. Since I'm only interested in the boot, I'd like to delegate this topic to someone among the MTO shoe aficionados, if I may. I think you may move along faster that way.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Regarding last, I don't see Robert last listed online. For the Jodhpur, I suggest we go with the same last that's pictured on the Carmina website jodphur

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads