1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by NAMOR, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

I voted!!

Thanks CHRK33...the shoe pictured is on the Simpson last but I chose the Inca since its the only last that I currently have on my Carmina double monks. Here's a few more pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys,

Sorry that I've been M.I.A. with the gonzo Holiday rush here. Just want to check in on the three shoes being considered:

Shell Cordovan Balmoral Boots

I got word back from Carmina. For brown-ish colors shell colors, there are only three shades available: Saddle (like our current double monks), Cognac (like our current Shortwings), and Burgundy (like Color 8). All three of these are reasonably in stock, so getting a mid-March to mid-April delivery should be totally realistic. Or course, things can change depending on how long it takes to finalize the order, but at the moment the pipeline is pretty clear.

I'm sure that everyone will be busy throughout the holidays, but if we can get a consensus on this by Jan 9th, then I can give them the order in person when I meet with them at Pitti, and we'll get it rolling out!

Navy Shell Jodphur Boots

For Navy shell, the skins have to be custom-ordered from Horween, which is going to add a delay onto it. The Navy Jodphur probably isn't realistic for Spring, but getting in the late summer for a Fall piece should be no problem at all. And as I mentioned before, the Navy shell makes up pretty dark, and quite close to black, so this can still be a pretty conservative and versatile boot. Even with the early Fall delivery, it's a pretty amazing turnaround for a specialty shell cordovan piece.

Austerity Brogues
    This is a nice choice - this shoe is STUNNING in person. From the customers who purchased our Double Monk's and Chukka's, we've had excellent feedback on the Inca last. I know from Carmina that it's an easy fit, and it still have a very sleek toe shape. As this shoe would be using European goods (calfskin or suede), it will be no problem to get an on-time delivery for this with an order placed the first or second week of January.

I'll get my leather swatch book on Friday, and I can post up images of all the calfskins and suedes that are available.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  3. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

I'm still in for navy shell Jodhpur :slayer:

4. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

Reposting now that there is shoe interest. Put the Salinger in caramel calfskin on the Rain last and do a 2 or 3 eyelet instead of the double monk

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  5. Cuttingboard

Frankenshoe!!:D

6. scb

scb Senior member

Mike, do you know what widths will be available for order in the lasts that have been discussed?

7. Renton

Renton Senior member

+1

8. Cuttingboard

9. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

4 people have expressed interest so far and voted. Just a few people more and we can get this ordered. Fingers crossed, some post-holiday interest will emerge.

Come on guys, these austerity brogues are amazing!!

10. Cuttingboard

We would be the only people in the DC area to have these brogues!!

11. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

More likely we would be one of a handful of people on the east coast that would have them...:slayer:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  12. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

In an effort to move the boot crowd along, I've created another form that asks for a yes/no vote on two versions of makeups that are based on the most popular choices for each option. You can indicate what your deal breaker is as well. Keep in mind that we need at least six people for each style.

Also, I understand that we are waiting for some clarification from Mike on the widths available in the lasts we're talking about, so hopefully that will be forthcoming after the holiday.

But, in the meantime, please indicate your interest and, for those who are celebrating, have a wonderful holiday weekend.

Vote Now

View The Results So Far

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  13. scb

scb Senior member

14. PDinh

PDinh Senior member

I would be down for a pair in tan for sure.

15. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

i put in a vote for chocolate brown austerity brogues, but really would be open to any option.

16. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Hmmm... very nice looking. And makes the pricing we're looking at seem relatively reasonable, particularly since we're talking about shell. Different boots, different maker, granted. Of course, once Mike quotes the lasted shoe trees, I may be singing a different tune. ;)

17. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Score...Up to 6 votes. 2 more and we are ready to roll.

Merry Christmas Eve to all!!!!

18. Cuttingboard

Nice...have we decided on a last? The pics above are on the Simpson last. It may be more cost effective to use the Simpson since Carmina has done these before. Just a thought!

Also, the only pair of Carmina's that I have are on the Inca last which is the largest and the shoes are just a touch large.

19. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Rain last seems to be the preferred last amongst the votes collected so far, but I am also open to use the Simpson last. I think Mike will be able to provide some helpful guidance as to which last will look best on these brogues. Simpson looks great on that makeup as is, so happy to go that route.

20. Odd I/O

Odd I/O Senior member

From that link:

Can anyone confirm that? Are Carmina shoes indeed hand welted? Or is that an option requiring an up-charge?