• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike...a little of topic but do you guys plan to sell a Carmina black loafer in the Simpson last this spring?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Guys!

OK, the Bal Boot preorder is active and online!

Carmina for Epaulet Special Order Chestnut Shell Bal Boot DEPOSIT: $500

Couple of details:

1. The main picture shows the boot in Color #8, but we're making it in Chestnut. Other than that, it will largely look like the boot pictured.
2. Retail is fixed and confirmed at $1000. I'll take care of the Carmina shoe tree price and they'll be included at no extra charge.
3. Turnaround time will be good on these. The leather's available so we can be confident of a late May delivery, barring any unforseen circumstances. Carmina's really into these projects, and the Austerity Brogues are already fully cut and in-work now.
4. The boot will be on the Forest last. If you need a wide, just PM me and I'll add your size in. The Forest last has a very comfortable toebox and an excellent fit.
4. Some guys were concerned about the Dainite combo "York" sole looking too casual. I shot a sample of this sole on a boot today, and I don't think you need to worry about it. Check out the pics below. When the shoes are worn, it looks like a beefy leather sole. The color matches the antique edge trim very nicely IMO. From what Carmina tells me, this sole is extremely comfortable and long wearing. I think that it will compliment this makeup brilliantly.

sahbryant

Reaction score
was so excited until I saw dainite sole - as only four orders are needed to submit a shoe, possible to add a pre-order for a leather sole and see how it shakes out? I will commit to a leather sole, but can't go dainite.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
was so excited until I saw dainite sole - as only four orders are needed to submit a shoe, possible to add a pre-order for a leather sole and see how it shakes out? I will commit to a leather sole, but can't go dainite.

Oh come on if you're willing to spend $1000 on a pair of boots spend a couple more bucks to have a cobbler change out the dainite for a leather sole.

Artking3

Reaction score

Oh come on if you're willing to spend $1000 on a pair of boots spend a couple more bucks to have a cobbler change out the dainite for a leather sole.

This is not a good idea. You can reasonably expect to have 2 resoles for a shoe and you want to waste one of those resoling a brand new pair of shoes?

And they cost $1000. The buyer should be 100% satisfied with his shoes.

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

This is not a good idea. You can reasonably expect to have 2 resoles for a shoe and you want to waste one of those resoling a brand new pair of shoes?
And they cost $1000. The buyer should be 100% satisfied with his shoes.

Hey guys,

Well, I built out the Bal Boot with the Dainite York sole as that's what most people voted for. But, I can check with Carmina - if all of the other details stay the same we may be able to offer both the York sole and the Leather sole in the same run. It's a pretty minor difference.

Can I get a rough idea of how many guys realistically want to order this now? I know that it's an expensive piece and getting a large shell boot in late May doesn't leave a lot of time for in-season wearing. It may be better for us to wait until the Austerity brogue is delivered, and then try to run two makeup projects in late April: both the Shell Bal Boot and the Shell Jodphur boot. We sold about 20 Austerity Brogues - many of which went to first-time Carmina buyers, so they'll be a larger block of guys comfortable with their sizing after the first run is received. We don't have to rush on these.

Last edited:

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ me being a first time Carmina buyer is exactly why i'm not jumping into the Shell boot right now nor did I vote for a makeup. I think a lot of people are in the same boat.

Renton

Reaction score
I'm all for the bal boot as it's listed except for the dainite sole. I'm not a fan of it, but if the decision were the chestnut bal boot with the dainite sole or nothing, I'll live with the sole.

Pastor

Reaction score

Hey guys,
Well, I built out the Bal Boot with the Dainite York sole as that's what most people voted for. But, I can check with Carmina - if all of the other details stay the same we may be able to offer both the York sole and the Leather sole in the same run. It's a pretty minor difference.
Can I get a rough idea of how many guys realistically want to order this now? I know that it's an expensive piece and getting a large shell boot in late May doesn't leave a lot of time for in-season wearing. It may be better for us to wait until the Austerity brogue is delivered, and then try to run two makeup projects in late April: both the Shell Bal Boot and the Shell Jodphur boot. We sold about 20 Austerity Brogues - many of which went to first-time Carmina buyers, so they'll be a larger block of guys comfortable with their sizing after the first run is received. We don't have to rush on these.

I could get in on these in a few months after the Brogues come in. Well, maybe these or or the two tone suede bal boots. I'll be getting one or the other.

Kingcarn

Reaction score

I could get in on these in a few months after the Brogues come in. Well, maybe these or or the two tone suede bal boots. I'll be getting one or the other.

same, but first want to make sure I'm not ordering 2 of the wrong size.

mymil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aw, what the hell, I'm in. You only live once, right? Might as well wear damn fine boots.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads