1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by NAMOR, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

Got mine today. They are beautiful!!!! I will take them out tomorrow. One question though, my pair only came with one shoe bag. Is that normal?

2. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

I believe we ordered around 24 units. And I'm not sure if Carmina sells replacement laces or not. I'll agree that they are pretty awesome.

Glad you dig them! It's something strange that I've figured out with Carmina, it seems that sizes under UK10 only come with one shoe bag. That sounds crazy, but I've gone through pretty much every delivery and it seems to be the case. Both pairs of shoes I personally own were the same way.

3. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

Here are my first pics. The first is under artificial light and the otters are in natural sunlight. These shoes really are awesome.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Cross post from Epaulet thread...

Rocking Carmina navy suede plain toes for the first time today with my Cramerton's. Obviously this combo is an easy match. These Carmina's are ridiculously nice -- don't sleep on them. Everyone should have navy suede in their arsenal. Well played, Mike.

[​IMG]

5. webzeb

webzeb Well-Known Member

Absolutely gorgeous!

Would it possible to order a similar pair soon?

it's such a pity I missed this special order...

6. Cylon

Cylon Senior member

+1

I am kicking myself for not seeing the pre-order for these austerity brogues!

7. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

You're too busy buying watches!! :D

8. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

Quick question for Austerity Brogue/Carmina suede shoes owners. Are you guys putting suede waterproofing spray on these shoes? I've put the spray on my Alden suede PTB's, but I'm not sure if I should do the same for these.

9. MaxK

MaxK Senior member

I put waterproofing spray on all my suede shoes. It's totally invisible and I've had no issues with this (other than protecting me from errant drops!).

10. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Met Mike today. Great, great guy. Looking forward to the next round of Carmina Carmina offerings at SF10 [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

^very nice photos. Did Mike offer any details on what's in the works?

12. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Yeah, lots of new offerings supposed to arrive in July and also another delivery scheduled for Fall. Also got a chance to handle the suede austerity brogue. What a great shoe. Mike said that shoe is supposed to come out in shell. Yes please.

Today was my first chance to handle Carmina in person and I was thoroughly impressed by the quality and design. Blew me away. Carmina is "C&J handgrade and up" quality at a C&J benchgrade price. Great value, imo. And as if you needed any more reasons to buy Carmina, Mike is a pleasure to deal with. Worth every penny

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  13. halberdklown

halberdklown Senior member

Wow, were some austerity brogues available for purchase?

14. Cuttingboard

In the first pic, whats the brown cap toe between the grey wing tip and black double monk?

15. applky

applky Senior member

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  16. Cuttingboard

17. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

such an awesome collection of Carmina there. Next time I get up to NY I definitely want to try on some pairs to see how they fit me.

18. Cuttingboard

Can anyone recommend a good suede protector spray? Trying to stay away from Kiwi brands...does Alden make a suede protector?

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  19. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Not sure if Alden makes one. I ordered the product below from Amazon for my new Epaulet Milkshake Indys. I'm new to the suede shoe thing, so I can't really recommend it other than to say it was very easy to apply and doesn't smell bad at all (a big plus for any shoe care product in my book). Haven't had the chance to really test its effectiveness yet.

McNett ReviveX Nubuck, Suede & Fabric Boot Care Kit.

Plenty for two applications.

20. applky

applky Senior member

^^ I've used the standard Meltonian suede protector spray, which I like very much. Others, though, swear by the Allen Edmonds-branded equivalent. Haven't used it myself, but it gets very good reviews around here.