• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Created a problem and looking for a recommendation. Have some Ep Gat's in the mail to me. What socks do people wear with those and shorts? Have loafer socks and cotton ankle socks and wool dress socks. Does anyone have a favorite for no-show sneaker socks?

Like a few guys mentioned here, there are the only short socks that I wear:

https://www.rei.com/product/881779/balega-ultra-light-no-show-socks

I can't recommend them enough. They're incredibly comfortable and long-wearing. Really the most comfortable athletic socks that I've ever owned.

They're not true no-shows, and they're definitely visible. The trade-off is worth it for me, as I've been mostly frustrated by no-shows. I wear them with all of our sneakers, and also with Nike's and such. I think that they work great with that, although they'd be overpowering for a dress shoe or loafers with shorts.

Dear Epaulet,@Epaulet
I have just got the Emerald Salt Wash shirt [in size "small"] from you. I am looking for a matching trouser. I intend to wear both with dress shoes and dress belts. [both shades of brown- Allen Edmonds Tan and Bourbon] Could you suggest a good color and make of Epaulet trouser for me please ?
I am giving herewith my specifications-
1. I am 5-7 in height.
2. I intend to wear the outfit at a Summer time Professional Conference,where I will be wearing this among some suit-wearing folks.
3. I have slim to medium built.
If you or the other learned members of StyleForum can please provide some suggestions, it will be very helpful.
[ I was wondering about the Duck Caramel but I am not sure that will look good with the shirt-but maybe it will-I am open to suggestions].
Thanks to everyone that replies in advance.

@StyleinStyle thanks for picking it up and glad that you like the shirt. That emerald color is killer, I loved it when I first saw it at Somelos.

I would go with either a khaki or a grey trouser to match it. I'd agree that the Caramel is going to be a pretty strong contrast. This is what I'd advise:

First up is a super-basic pant that's really brilliant. This fabric is supremely light and comfortable and the trouser matches everything. Meant for the warm weather, but you can wear this well into late October.

WALT TROUSER COTTON LIGHTWEIGHT KHAKI TWILL: $175

Next is our new basic grey dress trouser. We wanted to make the best basic pant in the world for the money. It's got a whole story at the link, but in short: we sold about a hundred of them last week and they've been really well received. Great option if you need a staple grey wool dress pant.

WALT PORTO TROUSER GREY BARBERIS 4-SEASON WOOL PIQUE: $165

I got my EFF shirts over the weekend as well. The cream and pale green button down meets my expectations, but I was not anticipating that the madras was going to be quite this stunning. I'll try to get a better picture in natural light as this doesn't do it justice, but the purple with the green set off against the white and muted blues and reds is just perfect. Glad I went w/ the band collar and short sleeves on this one.

@Duke Silver really nice choices on those, thanks for posting the pic!

@Epaulet

Bravo to whomever wrote the copy on the summer Rivets. That blue oxford looks pretty dope

@ReversoLover haha, that was all David - our usual pant model and sales guy. He's taking over the bulk of the copywriting for new items.

Bummer about the museum sneaks. But suppose that's how these things go.

@eljlakers yeah, my apologies on that, we're late on the Massdrop stuff too. Europeans are always confident about dates when you place the order, but if things are running slowly on their side, you just have to deal with it. I even padded 8 weeks onto the Museum calf turnaround, as they originally quoted us first week of June

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Flannel ideas for Fall Portugal shirts

Hey guys!

So, I'm working out my Fall shirting with the "Salt Wash" factory. Got some swatches to run by you. I'll probably settle on about 3 from this collection. Holler if anything jumps out at you. Figure that this would fall in the $95-$110 price.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Flannel ideas for Fall Portugal shirts

Hey guys! So, I'm working out my Fall shirting with the "Salt Wash" factory. Got some swatches to run by you. I'll probably settle on about 3 from this collection. Holler if anything jumps out at you. Figure that this would fall in the $95-$110 price.
That green is pretty great looking. I feel like I can find red and blue checks in flannels all day long but that green is a bit more unique.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hot last week. Lots of blue and hopsack.

EP x Southwick navy hopsack SC MTO from forever ago
EP x Gitman Ashland shirt
Gray hopsack/fresco Walts
EP x Carmina caramel double monks (not pictured)
Vanda tie and square

Last edited:

AloysiusSF

Reaction score
Mike - fabric #3 would definitely be a purchase from me as well - thanks for sharing! Question - are these going to be made up as a lightweight flannel? What will the materials/finish be?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Mike - fabric #3 would definitely be a purchase from me as well - thanks for sharing! Question - are these going to be made up as a lightweight flannel? What will the materials/finish be?

@AloysiusSF yes, these fabrics are all on the lighter side. They'd be done in the same model as the Salt Wash Oxford - so that big B/D collar, chest pocket, and the whole salt wash process.

For heavier flannels, we'll have some ass-kickers from Gitman & New England, and a whole bunch of MTO options with Individualized.

The plan for these swatches is to choose a few good colors and make something off the rack that's cheap and cheerful.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads