• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

captainfunk

Reaction score

that fair isle shirt is too good. I cant afford this, man. stop hitting home runs or im gonna be out on the street.

Yeah but compared to all the other homeless, you'll look really sharp.

jdvs

Reaction score
Are the new trousers only coming in Walts? My fingers are crossed for some new pants for us large-legged folks!

racknac

Reaction score

Okay guys, we put a LOT up today! Here's a recap of all the new stuff:
First up are two new shirts. These are two of the best we've ever done. The Navy Flannel is crazy soft and the Fairisle is mind-blowing in person.

Why do you do this to me Mike. Please put aside a Medium. I will be in tomorrow to pick one up.

Simplicio

Reaction score
The trousers do look good. But as a Rudy guy I can only look with envy. I'll have to just keep loading up on shirts. The navy pin dot is just what I needed.

I don't recall that the new scarves have been mentioned here yet. Do take a look, if you haven't already. There are some very nice patterns. I will probably have to get more than one.

runningfrog

Reaction score
the grape herringbone is really too sweet to pass up. i'm glad the 28 lasted awhile as i had a tough day in the office and wasn't able to check the epaulet site until just now.

this will make my collection 5 walts and 4 rivets :D

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man, i'm glad the 28s sold out! I did not need more pant temptation. Too bad there is always more pant temptation somewhere coming down the line...

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Had to jump on the British Khaki Herringbone. Wanted to get everything else that Mike posted above but, well, almost everything. Already have the Cramerton non-cargo trousers so didn't need those :)
Thank you sir! Nice choice on those.
Mike, I miss the "Sunday Best" thing you used to do on your blog. Nice touch putting your different products together. Again Mike, you continue to hit out of the park with what you bring to the table..er, closet...:)
Thanks! And I miss it too. You know, the problem with "Sunday Best" is that it had a lot of text and links. As such, it wasn't easy to see or reblog on Tumblr. Actually, individual fit photos have been much stronger. I'm going to pick up a nice background to put on the floor, and then shoot actual montage images of products - not just existing shots pulled together with photoshop. A little Paul Stuart catalog style! And we'll work to make that a regular feature.
that fair isle shirt is too good. I cant afford this, man. stop hitting home runs or im gonna be out on the street.
Haha, I know we're dangerous! That Fairisle is definitely the biggest seller of the season so far, holy god.
Hey Mike, congrats on your marriage! The jacket looked great, just like you told me! Question for you on the suit/sport coat - I'd REALLY like it in a Long. I think that the 44 plus some tailoring is right for me (43" chest, 18.25" shoulder point to point), but the 30.5 is just a little short for me. How might I go about getting a long? Same with the waistcoat, not sure how it'll fit me off-the-rack, or if I'd need a longer size. Thanks for the great products, I LOVE the Olive Guncheck and Khaki Herringbone, but can only afford to get one of those plus a staple gray that I "need". :)
Thank you sir! It's confirmed - I'll have Long measurements early next week and the patterns will be finished. I can then take custom orders with an approx 3-6 week turnaround. I'm not sure on the waistcoat actually. I suspect that they'll still work for taller guys. I'll shoot one on a taller dude and you guys can see how the fit works.
I just love how fast you guys get shipments out. You guys consistently are the fastest shippers I've ever encountered. Thank you so much for your speed, and, of course, your quality.
Haha, thanks so much - we try! Every now and then there's a bit of processing time when we have to transfer goods from one store to the other, but we try to ship within 24 hours whenever possible. Adele is the master and commander of that stuff.
Are the new trousers only coming in Walts? My fingers are crossed for some new pants for us large-legged folks!
At the moment we've just got Walts, but I'll have about 4 new Rudy styles coming with the next delivery. Sorry about that - I wear the Rudy fit too, but we sell about 85% in Walts, so I have to be conservative with how many we make.
the grape herringbone is really too sweet to pass up. i'm glad the 28 lasted awhile as i had a tough day in the office and wasn't able to check the epaulet site until just now. this will make my collection 5 walts and 4 rivets :D
Very nice. Thanks for your order and you're going to LOVE the grape pant. Seriously, it's even better in person.
man, i'm glad the 28s sold out! I did not need more pant temptation. Too bad there is always more pant temptation somewhere coming down the line...
Oh you bet your ass :)

Last edited:

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please tell me that the fair isle fabric has a glossy texture.. I need to talk me out of this when I am already working for money to get the paisley..:embar:

pistolero

Reaction score

It's confirmed - I'll have Long measurements early next week and the patterns will be finished. I can then take custom orders with an approx 3-6 week turnaround.

:slayer: assuming measurements work out, I'm in for a brown houndstooth sportcoat

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Southwick for Michael Kuhle Sportcoats

Hey guys, all of our new Sportcoats are fully built and online. I'm in LOVE with this collection. We spared no expense in materials, and the quality really shows on these pieces. The sizing is consistent with the original jackets, and we'll be able to take Short & Long special orders upon request next week.

Our new model - the "Daltrey" features goatskin elbow patches, goatskin undercollar, and flap patch pockets on the front.

Here's the lineup:

Southwick for Michael Kuhle Daltrey Sportcoat in Grey Donegal Tweed: $650
This is a killer Irish tweed. It looks like a marled grey from a few steps back, but if you look at it closely, there's little flecks of scarlet throughout the weave. It's a nice middleweight tweed that makes for a very comfortable jacket.

Southwick for Michael Kuhle Weller Sportcoat in Loro Piana Baby Camel Hair: $695
This fabric is the truth. It's some of the most luxurious camel hair that you've ever felt. I bought it off price last December, and I stored it until this production run. Because it's deadstock, the pricing on this is REALLY solid. This jacket is absolutely stunning in person.

Southwick for Michael Kuhle Daltrey Sportcoat in Navy Harris Tweed: $795
Harris Tweed is hand-woven on the Scottish Isles of the Outer Hebrides. If you're not familiar with it, then click through and look at the jacket description - I wrote an obnoxious amount of copy about it. I freaking love Harris Tweed. I marched with them, SF member "thenanyu" and about 50 West Highland terriers in the NY Tartan Parade. Harris Tweed is the greatest! This is a solid jacket that can be easily worn as outerwear, and the tweed is absolutely beautiful in person. The goatskin patches really pop nicely with the navy ground too.

theclipper

Reaction score
Well I just got my Cramertons today. While they look great, unfortunately they are good bit too big for me. :confused: Is there any certain procedure I need to follow to get these exchanged for a size 28?

Thanks

Bryan_Funfetti

Reaction score
Those tweed coats are sick! Makes me wish I didn't live in a tropical climate :sarcasm:

I'm getting quite excited about the fairisle shirt and brown houndstooth suit I ordered :slayer: I have another Epaulet jacquard shirt, and it's the best shirting material I've ever handled. Fits perfectly into my winter wardrobe too, which is all fairisle errythang.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads