Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

My trouser addiction is out of control. Just copped the Olive Guncheck and Grape Herringbone. I've lost count but I think this will put me past 20 pairs of Walts :slayer:

2. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Awesome, hope that you enjoy them!

And yeah, we're basically carrying the same trouser as Ovadia this season. Neither of us invented the grey cargo flannel - I actually remember buying a very similar item for Saks from Neil Barrett back in Fall 2000. It's a cool shape that kind of comes and goes every few years.

For the record, Ovadia makes a really nice pant. And the more brands we can have that support US and European-based production, the better.

It's totally lined in acetate - both body and sleeves. It's a thick twill acetate that should hold up to a lot of wear. It's crucial to have that in the sleeves, otherwise putting the jacket on is a total bitch. We've had a great response to the Fidelity coats so far - you'll absolutely love the fit on them.

Haha, nope Walt only for those.

I think that cotton by nature is more casual that wool in trousers. The moleskins are an extremely versatile Fall/Winter style. You can wear them casually with boots and a wool coat, but also dress them up with a Navy jacket and dress shoes. You'll really enjoy them.

For wool trousers, the flannels - especially the cargo flannel - is also easy to wear casually. Although you have to dry clean them, flannel doesn't pick up dirt all that easily. I wear flannel pants casually all of the time.

If you're going to get one pair of trousers for the Fall, I'd suggest the Tan Moleskins. It's the easiest color to wear and match. If you get two, go for the Tan Moleskins and the Grey flannels - either in the plain trouser or the cargo.

Yes, you should expect the other wools and flannels to fit nearly identical to the Petrol Blue's.

Super 120's will feel tighter at first, but will break in a bit and fit pretty much the same after a little wear.

Moleskins may work for you in the Walt fit. They make up larger due to the thicker fabric, so most Rudy customers (including me) can wear the Walt Moleskins. But if the Rudy is really tight on your legs and seat, then they might be too small.

Thanks!

Holy shit, that looks great! Love that jacket too.

Go for the Rudy 32. It will already have more room in the seat and legs than the Rivet Chino.

Hmm, probably just got a few XL's in that. No restocks I'm afraid, this fabric was a one-shot deal.

3. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Trying to decide between the Navy Marl or Pale Purple Herringbone

4. nbernie

nbernie Senior member

:worship::worship::worship::worship:

I thought I was ballin' at 7....

5. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Grey flannels coming w/o cargo pocket? That pindot shirt is looking fun, hope it fits!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011

6. Bryan_Funfetti

Bryan_Funfetti Senior member

That Khaki Herringbone is mesmerizing, I would kill for a matching sportcoat. Is that also a one-time fabric?

7. Morgan

Morgan Senior member

Fuck it dude, I just bought both. My trouser wardrobe has improved dramatically over the last year, thanks to Epaulet and Howard Yount. The latter has stocked some excellent grey and navy flannel trousers, though most are sold out. I've measured my trousers at home to compare, and at waist size 32, the HY fit is very similar to the Slim Walt.

8. jpo

jpo Senior member

Navy Marled Lambswool in 33: Don't mind if I do! I've been drooling over these trousers since they were launched and finally grabbled them in my size! Totally stoked. Now ready for some charcoal or mid-grey flannels in 33, guess I missed those.

Mike: Will there be restock, medium size of the purple check flannel shirt? Oh and the brown Chromexal single prong belt in 34?

Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011

9. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

I have the navy marl and really really dig them.

10. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Okay guys, we put a LOT up today! Here's a recap of all the new stuff:

First up are two new shirts. These are two of the best we've ever done. The Navy Flannel is crazy soft and the Fairisle is mind-blowing in person.

[​IMG]
    Navy Pindot Japanese Flannel: $150

[​IMG]
    Japanese Fairisle Jacquard: $150

Now the new trousers:

[​IMG]
    Walt Pale Grape Herringbone: $225
    This is a fantastic color. The grape tone is really subtle and they mostly read as grey from a few feet away. Some of the best pants I've ever seen.

[​IMG]

Unbelievable hand on these. And they're insanely good with a Navy sportcoat

[​IMG]
    Walt Pale British Khaki Herringbone: $225

[​IMG]
    Walt Cargo Trouser in Cramerton Cloth: $200

And.... the infamous Brown Houndsooth suit. Sportcoat and Trousers are available now. Waistcoats come next week. We've sold about 10 of these in the store already, so if you want to have the entire suit, you'll want to grab the jacket sooner than later.

[​IMG]
    Weller Sportcoat Brown Houndstooth: $595

Matching Brown Houndstooth Walt Trouser: $185

Matching Brown Houndstooth Rudy Trouser: $185

11. PorterInjax

Had to jump on the British Khaki Herringbone. Wanted to get everything else that Mike posted above but, well, almost everything. Already have the Cramerton non-cargo trousers so didn't need those :)

12. PorterInjax

Mike,

I miss the "Sunday Best" thing you used to do on your blog. Nice touch putting your different products together.
    Again Mike, you continue to hit out of the park with what you bring to the table..er, closet...:)

13. Hatch&Whisk

Hatch&Whisk Senior member

that fair isle shirt is too good. I cant afford this, man. stop hitting home runs or im gonna be out on the street.

14. unclesam099

unclesam099 Senior member

Hey Mike, congrats on your marriage! The jacket looked great, just like you told me!

Question for you on the suit/sport coat - I'd REALLY like it in a Long. I think that the 44 plus some tailoring is right for me (43" chest, 18.25" shoulder point to point), but the 30.5 is just a little short for me. How might I go about getting a long? Same with the waistcoat, not sure how it'll fit me off-the-rack, or if I'd need a longer size.

Thanks for the great products, I LOVE the Olive Guncheck and Khaki Herringbone, but can only afford to get one of those plus a staple gray that I "need". :)

15. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

I just love how fast you guys get shipments out. You guys consistently are the fastest shippers I've ever encountered. Thank you so much for your speed, and, of course, your quality.