• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

scoobmx

Reaction score
Here you go my friend. (You can clearly see it needs to be tailored, which I will be doing next week. I'll have the waist taken in to slim it down, but a size 40 is technically 'my size' and what I would normally order for an Epaulet shirt, and you can see that the shoulders and chest fit fine. It's just the waist that's a little large for me, I'm assuming so that it can fit a variety of body shapes.)
_DSC0255.jpg

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here you go my friend. (You can clearly see it needs to be tailored, which I will be doing next week. I'll have the waist taken in to slim it down, but a size 40 is technically 'my size' and what I would normally order for an Epaulet shirt, and you can see that the shoulders and chest fit fine. It's just the waist that's a little large for me, I'm assuming so that it can fit a variety of body shapes.) View attachment 1392479

Thanks! Looks good.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I gotta parka and I love it! Wore it all fall/winter/spring.

Thanks for picking it up!

Eva,
Just wanted to check in on Southwick coming back online? Last we spoke we resolving the last suit from that order.

No word yet... I'm in pretty constant contact with the COO of Brooks Brothers. They're still doing masks at the moment and working at 30% staffing. Latest guidance from Massachusetts has non-essential manufacturing coming back on 5/25, so I'm working with the assumption that they can resume shortly after that.

@Epaulet That indigo ticking stripe is beautiful! Is the indigo expected to fade or should it be color fast?

Thanks! It should fade pretty nicely with a lot of wash and wear

I'm so glad I picked up that last shadow ink sashiko parka in my size. Tried it on for the first time today going out to pick up food, and immediately got compliments and stares!

Great to hear... so glad that you're pleased with it!

Here you go my friend. (You can clearly see it needs to be tailored, which I will be doing next week. I'll have the waist taken in to slim it down, but a size 40 is technically 'my size' and what I would normally order for an Epaulet shirt, and you can see that the shoulders and chest fit fine. It's just the waist that's a little large for me, I'm assuming so that it can fit a variety of body shapes.) View attachment 1392479

That's a great pic, thanks for posting it. The design of the parka is intentionally relaxed in the waist, but that's up to everyone's personal style. It's certainly easy to have it tailored in if you prefer a more fitted look. FWIW I think it's pretty cool as is.

ME! can't wait. Its my favorite color and i actually think this as a doyle will be easier to wear than my super old orange regimental twill walts!
can. not. wait.

Me too.. can't wait for this whole batch of customs to arrive. We did something like 89 garments total in 28 different fabrics. Going to be a ton of great stuff to photograph after it finishes.

This makes me regret not picking this one up

We'll offer the orange ripstop again. Pretty much all of those fabrics will be ready for another round of orders in about four weeks. The only one to totally sell out was Ultrafleck.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Videos of our Spring Jackets

Hey guys! I shot some quick videos of these two new pieces. The discount code spring15 will get you 15% off of them until Midnight. Here's the vids, some quick notes on each one, and the link:

Doyle Jacket in Yoshiwa Mills Wabash Indigo Stripe: $225 ($191.25 with code spring15)

* This is a rad stripe that's composed of intricate lines of small dots
* Wabash stripes date back to the mid-1800s, and are a rad throwback to early workwear
* The hand on this is really soft and the fabric is four-season and easily machine washable
* It's a great match to any kind of chinos, works great with jeans, and could easily be dressed up with more formal trousers. It would work with linen pants for the Summer (you could imagine how boss this is with natural linen) and flannels and tweeds in the Winter.

Doyle Indigo Ticking Detail.jpg

Sinclair in Yoshiwa Mills Tobacco Denim: $245 ($208.25 with code spring15)

* This might be the best denim of all time. Hand is insanely soft, even before its washed
* The tobacco brown tone is rad, and the slubby, variegated fabric gives off the vibe of a linen blend. But it's all cotton and very easy to care for
* Four season and easily machine washable
* Amazing match for indigo jeans and chinos in tan, olive, or navy. Could also be dressed up with more casual-leaning trousers. I'd love this with a knit silk or woolen tie!

Sinclair Tobacco Denim Detail.jpg

Bonesy

Reaction score
Went to wear my horsehide trainers today for the first time in a few months and the soles are suddenly coming unglued on both. It’s great the leather is tough as nails but it’s pointless if the soles are coming off.
Anyone else have this issue?
Im sure (hoping anyway) a local cobbler can address the issue but it’s pretty darn lame considering how much these cost.

scoobmx

Reaction score
That's a great pic, thanks for posting it. The design of the parka is intentionally relaxed in the waist, but that's up to everyone's personal style. It's certainly easy to have it tailored in if you prefer a more fitted look. FWIW I think it's pretty cool as is.
Totally understand. Basically you're going to get some folds when you cinch the cord, but because the cord outlets are so close to the placket, all the folds get bunched up at the placket, and I didn't like that, especially if I also wanted to button it up in addition.

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Went to wear my horsehide trainers today for the first time in a few months and the soles are suddenly coming unglued on both. It’s great the leather is tough as nails but it’s pointless if the soles are coming off.
Anyone else have this issue?
Im sure (hoping anyway) a local cobbler can address the issue but it’s pretty darn lame considering how much these cost.

Ah sorry to hear that, I'm imagining that you have the Sport trainer? That sole is entirely cemented, and the cement on any sole can soften and loosen depending on the humidity and storage conditions. It's just the nature of the process, but it's easily fixed by any cobbler. Should be inexpensive and fast for them to do.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I imagine this means a lot of stuff on order isn't going to make it?

Thanks for asking.. so the short answer for right now is: I'm not sure.

I've been in weekly contact with Gianluca Tanzi... the Chief Operating Officer of Brooks Brothers. They are absolutely closing the Garland Shirt factory and the Long Island City Tie factory. And Brooks Brothers is up for sale.. this is all publically available.

Everyone is trying to find a solution for Southwick. Prior to the shutdown, it had very strong numbers as a standalone firm. It has a skilled staff and a nearly new facility that's only a few years old. Even outside of the desire to keep jobs going, I get the impression that they want to retain Southwick as a worthy asset. So the closing announcement is premature right now.

But in terms of any pending orders, I've got two avenues for them:

1) Much of these garments are already cut and in work. Brooks just secured a loan and their current plan is to reopen after union negotiations and finish this work in June. Hopefully that can happen still. And if there's an option to push that out, we can even do a "last hurrah" round of additional orders.

2) If Southwick isn't going to reopen. then I'm going to get all of our fabrics from them. We've already bought and paid for much of it. Trousers can be sent to Hertling... who are resuming work officially in about a week. Suits and Sportcoats will be sent to Hickey Freeman, who will be my suiting factory going forward from here. They've already got all of my patterns on file, and they reopened officially last week.

It's probably going to take a week or two for things to totally materialize, but believe me that I'm working every day to catch up on outstanding special orders and delayed projects. Things are unfreezing slowly but it's happening, and I expect to receive and ship a ton of goods over the next four weeks.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
Sad to report I washed my Epaulet/American Trench taupe linen Doyle in cold water and hung dry it, and the sleeves shrunk by like 2-3 inches. Looks like the jacket length also shrunk 2-3 inches. My understanding was these were pre-shrunk — is that not the case?

Disappointed as this was among my favorite pieces and now it’s more of a work shirt than a work jacket.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads