• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Floral Chambray
Natty Chrmxl Belt
Optic White Duck
Carmina Suede DBM
IMG_1590.jpg

IMG_1587.jpg

Think this may be my first ever head to toe Epaulet fit...

The clothes look great as usual and you inspired me to wear my suede double monks today.

I have to say you're looking lean, Rob and in a good way. Nice!

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the kind words gents...wish the lean was a good one...caught a bug last weekend and dropped 10 pounds. Got to hit the gym hard this week to try and put some back!

Ya see, I have just the opposite problem. I have to diet for 2 months to drop 10 pounds, and then 3 weeks later I put it back on!

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Floral Chambray
Natty Chrmxl Belt
Optic White Duck
Carmina Suede DBM

IMG_1587.jpg

Think this may be my first ever head to toe Epaulet fit...

As others have said, you look great. White chinos look terrific and the suede dub monks are A+.

I talk to customers about these things all of the time (tongue pad, heel grips, insoles). A lot of guys - to their detriment - find these things to be a weapon of last resort. The things that you buy if you purchased the incorrect size and you can't fit in a shoe. While they're good for that, that's not their only purpose. Many people have feet which are two different sizes. Or different widths. They have low arches, or high arches. Narrow heels. These are great tools and can improve the fit in a lot of situations. They can make shoes that are properly sized fit even better. I see them like alterations to a sportcoat. I'd encourage anyone to try them if your shoes feel a little large in any dimension - even well-worn shoes.

+1K

I have feet that I say are TTS 10.5D, but they're really 10.25D. No one makes 10.25, obviously, so sometimes I have to use tongue pads and insoles on lasts that fit my feet not perfectly, but well. They're additional items that can turn a shoe from a mediocre fit to a great fit.

Last edited:

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Mike,

Thanks for your tip on the tongue pads, (thank you too, Keith!).

I have a couple of sets coming in. :)

GBear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just bought myself the olive drab service pants in a 32 this time. Hopefully, I don't need to get them let out like I did with my 31 French Blues!

(These will also help with my Captain America costume for Halloween along with my calf TOJ MDR...) :)

Last edited:

Therendition

Reaction score

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just bought myself the olive drab service pants in a 32 this time. Hopefully, I don't need to get them let out like I did with my 31 French Blues!
(These will also help with my Captain America costume for Halloween along with my calf TOJ MDR...) :)

Time for another brother brother outfit.

The Olive green Service Pants were my first Epaulet chinos....and now about 10 pairs and 2 months later....haha.

The feel is soft, and should fit a bit looser than your French Blues.

GBear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Time for another brother brother outfit.
The Olive green Service Pants were my first Epaulet chinos....and now about 10 pairs and 2 months later....haha.
The feel is soft, and should fit a bit looser than your French Blues.

It is? Hm...not sure if I should have sized up or not. Definitely didn't have much of a choice since the 31s were out.

Lol, what the heck is up with this? I have twin in LA. I am sure you have a dark brown DR or MDR somewhere in the mix, brother outfit can be arranged.

Marx2k

Reaction score

Rivet chinos are not the same as the Walt, but similar.
It sounds to me like the Rudy fit is going to work for you. But it depends a bit on how you define "girlfriend pants." Our trousers are pretty slim. If they're fitting you radically tighter than the pictured fit on Dylan, then you'll want to size up to the Rudy - and chances are good that the Rudy is going to be spot on.

Ha thanks. Yeah they fit a little bit tighter than pictured on Dylan. Waist and everything is good, but it's the seat that is too tight. I will size up to the Rudy. Thanks!

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the kind words gents...wish the lean was a good one...caught a bug last weekend and dropped 10 pounds. Got to hit the gym hard this week to try and put some back!

I'm the same way. I'll drop 10 pounds in just a few days if I'm sick and don't eat all day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads