1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

2. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Love the Carmina bals, but I think they have just about as much flair as I can handle for the moment. Check back with me in a few months. These things tend towards incremental tolerance.

I assumed wj4 was all smiles because he's finally encountered sweater AND vest weather. Can wool trousers be far behind?

3. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Haha, smiling perhaps I'm waiting for an Epaulet box in the mail? :embar:

It rained throughout the day today. People in SoCal cannot drive in the rain....it took me twice as long to get home because of the rain, and it was a mild drizzle.

Wool and tweed trousers are not far behind! I just want the cold weather, hold the rain please.

4. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

I can see where it may take a few incremental steps to get the bal boots into your wardrobe. Maybe they have all the flair they need. I just keep having strange fantasies about a bal boot mating with a work or engineer boot and spawning a super rugged dress boot.

Edit: maybe my comments are more for the Jumper than the bal boots.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  5. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

Dude, no kidding. My drive home was atrocious. Stoked for the change in weather though, so much stuff I've been waiting to wear for awhile now...

6. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Ah thank you sir! You're going to love the Navy Steep Twills, the hand on that stuff is so nice.

Yup! I'm happy to say our our USPS Domestic & International shipping has fully resumed! The post office that traditionally did our pickups is still out of service, but another PO is now serving our neighborhood.

We've had a MASSIVE amount of boxes picked up in the past three days, so if anyone out there is waiting on an order from last week, then take heart, it should be there soon! And shipping is back to normal from here on in. Provided we don't get a blizzard or a plague of locusts. I'm not discounting anything this season.

We're going to do the next round of Rudy order next week. Got lots of good stuff in there!

One caveat though: I'll do everything that I can to ensure that the final round of Rudy's arrive in customer's hands before Christmas/New Years, but I won't be able to guarantee it. We'll probably assign a completion date of 1/15. Cutting and producing Factory Finds & Rudy preorders is pretty complicated due to all of the different fabrics in play, so it's definitely subject to delays. While I'm pretty confident that we can get a pre-holiday delivery, I don't want anyone to completely rely on that round for their New Years looks.

Thank you sir! Yes, this is an entirely new line that we've been developing over the past few months. More info on that to come shortly...

Haha, litlte processing trick there. Camera+ app on the Iphone 4S with the "Clarity" filter applied. It's a soft HDR (High Dynamic Range) effect. It makes skin tones look insane and alien, but gives a nice pop to anything metal or shiny (cars, watches, leather, etc).

We've got one more going live in the next day or two. The "Hardie" Shawl Neck Cardigan. Made in Scotland. Tough as freaking hell. For the dudes who are pining for a thick shawl with a prominent collar: your wait will be over soon!

7. stevent

stevent Senior member

+1, I actually got off the 101 as it was just going too slow, stopped to get some Ramen and ended up picking up a heavy stark weight polo knit at Marshalls
    [​IMG]

Blackwatch trousers should be here tomorrow, so excited!!!!!!!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  8. wj4

wj4 Senior member

How come my local Marshalls and such never have anything like this.

Likewise, blackwatch should be here tomorrow for me as well. Very surprising since it's UPS! UPS is usually a hog, taking a full week.

9. stevent

stevent Senior member

Well is it 3 day? or ground? Cause wouldn't ground just sit in the warehouse for a few days? Ended up asking mike to ship USPS.

As for Marshalls, the studio city one is on the freeway on my way home, if traffic is bad I usually stop to wait it out. Stock is usually pretty good at this one compared to the rest that I've been to.

10. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Doesn't show. I clicked on the tracking number and it says delivery is scheduled for tomorrow. Ground is a hog, and just not from Mike, but all places I order from.

USPS Priority is great for our neck of the woods though. 2-3 days from NYC! :slayer:

11. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

12. Reginald Bartholomew

Reginald Bartholomew Senior member

13. sharkminusbear

sharkminusbear Senior member

So bad for my wallet... I've never seen a non-cordovan version with this kind of stitch, so cool. I happened to be looking for this exact type of boot in natural, and it looks like I grabbed the last pair in my size. First pair of Alden's, I hope they fit as well as those Carmina Steinbeck's...

14. dahl5yankees

dahl5yankees Senior member

Seems like the new Alden boots are a great reason to have $500 bucks at the ready!

15. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

Interesting [​IMG] Also looking at these boots. And my first pair of Aldens was LWB in this same leather, which incidentally has just been restocked. I love them, and those Indys look very tempting. Especially since I'm looking for some boots right now, but I'm not sure they will stand up to the kind of weather we have in winter. Not that I'll be swimming in them, but I guess something along the lines of kudu Indy with lug soles would be more appropriate. I don't like the kudu nearly as much as this CXL version though. Arrrgh, gotta decide before they are gone [​IMG]

16. dahl5yankees

dahl5yankees Senior member

I have the 404 Kudu
    and live in Minnesota

bring on the salty roads,
    sleet, ice and heavy
    snow fall

but they don't look as awesome
    as the natural cxl by EP

17. sharkminusbear

sharkminusbear Senior member

My plan is a pair of bean boots for tougher weather like snow or heavy rain. These Indy's in chromexcel will hold up just fine for everything else, the leather is pretty water-resistant anyways and the commando sole can handle damp weather and some ice.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  18. Wally

Wally Senior member

I'm intrigued by the n3-b. How heavy is it weight wise? I'm looking for something warm but not too heavy and I think this may be it.

19. flatspotting

flatspotting Senior member

Does anyone have an idea of how long Epaulet usually takes to reply to emails? I was hoping to make an order this week and emailed them on Wednesday morning but still hadn't heard back at all - should I just call?

20. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Give them a call if you can. They've (always) got a lot going on, and now in particular with Sandy-->winter storm, etc. Or try a PM here (and you could go across the board with Epaulet, Leftofthedial, and Epauletfemme). They'll get back to you, that's for sure.

Only problem with Epaulet customer service is the extremely high standard that they continually set for themselves. :)