• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
neutrino, i think the fit looks awesome

jerigo

Reaction score
Will you be restocking the Carmina snuff suede double monks? If so, when?

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else find the edges of the "Epaulet" tag on their rivet chinos to be scratchy? I'd forgotten about this until I bought a new pair of canvas chinos last month. An issue of course when I'm not tucking in a shirt, and its irritating.

jpc9

Reaction score
That's just the pants reminding you how awesome they are

Last edited:

P. Bateman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone else find the edges of the "Epaulet" tag on their rivet chinos to be scratchy? I'd forgotten about this until I bought a new pair of canvas chinos last month. An issue of course when I'm not tucking in a shirt, and its irritating.

Wear underwear.

theclipper

Reaction score
I'm thinking of picking up another pair of chinos. I just want to confirm that they now have a little extra room in the waist and seat right? I have a pair of the caramel ducks which are a little too tight in the crotch and waist. Trying to figure out if I should size up one or if I'll be ok at the same size.

Thanks much!

laughter95

Reaction score
they now have a little more room in the waist and seat.

i had my seat taken in a little and left the waist. they sit on my hip bones.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new batch of the chinos with buttons fit the same as the old ones with the metal rivets.

Only the first batch of the new chinos with buttons fit smaller to some.

neutrino

Reaction score
NYR, thebunk, Omar1223, thanks for the feedback guys. Now to learn how to cuff
satisfied.gif

mymil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I talk to customers about these things all of the time (tongue pad, heel grips, insoles). A lot of guys - to their detriment - find these things to be a weapon of last resort. The things that you buy if you purchased the incorrect size and you can't fit in a shoe. While they're good for that, that's not their only purpose. Many people have feet which are two different sizes. Or different widths. They have low arches, or high arches. Narrow heels. These are great tools and can improve the fit in a lot of situations. They can make shoes that are properly sized fit even better. I see them like alterations to a sportcoat. I'd encourage anyone to try them if your shoes feel a little large in any dimension - even well-worn shoes.
What you recommend for shoes where the heel only slips a tiny bit on one foot (I've been planning on getting tongue pads, I just need to pick up a pair), but the bigger issue is that the heel is too wide? I have extra space, and the area around my ankle bulges out with each step. And I don't think I can size down without the shoes being too short.

theclipper

Reaction score

The new batch of the chinos with buttons fit the same as the old ones with the metal rivets.
Only the first batch of the new chinos with buttons fit smaller to some.

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately I never had a chance to try the metal rivets. Does the new sizing also equate to more room in the crotch? I managed to bust some of the crotch seams on my caramel ducks while sitting.

Thanks

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there any plans to re-stock the Rivet Chinos in an Olive color? I notice the Rudys are available for pre-order in this color, but I'm not local, so committing to a pair of Rudys with no recourse makes me hesitant.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tumblr_m41cs4nzvJ1rux7jzo1_1280.png

Candid picture taken of me..yes eyes were opened, I was reading the description! Indoor picture screwed up the colors, shirt is a light blue oxford.

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What you recommend for shoes where the heel only slips a tiny bit on one foot (I've been planning on getting tongue pads, I just need to pick up a pair), but the bigger issue is that the heel is too wide? I have extra space, and the area around my ankle bulges out with each step. And I don't think I can size down without the shoes being too short.

Heel grips (suede ones), thick tongue pads and thicker socks are all you can do. For some reason a lot of shoes have a wide heel even when the last itself is narrow. I've heard Aldens combination last is good for those with narrow heels, although I haven't tried it myself.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads