Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

Digi camos are the gateway drug to tattoos, booze, and waking up in a roadside ditch. Fortunately for me, I already have the tattoos and the booze.

2. Marx2k

Marx2k Member

Bit of a gamble to take the Walt then. The chinos fit me like girlfriend pants. My ass was all feminine.

3. Peter1

Peter1 Senior member

Nah. I used to wear camo pants pretty often and I'm not a wild man by any means. IMO it works best with an untucked OCBD or looser gray or white T (black will make you look like Dog the Bounty Hunter). I think you want to be super casual and avoid any suggestion that you are in the miltary or want to be. But I do understand that wearing camo is a touchy subject.

I have my ideal camo chinos in mind -- a big, non "Tactical" pattern is key, i really like the S D'A ones on that BiG is selling but if the pattern didn't say "Studio D'Artisan" on repeat...

4. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

5. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Caramel rivets...the 2nd pic with the close up of shooz shows the color much better

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

Ah what a bummer. I bought the Gant Rugger shirt less than 3 weeks ago, and now it's like $30 cheaper. Ah well, it's still worth it.

7. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

8. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Or catch a bug like I did, I'm down 10 pounds in one week.:fu:
    I thought that was cable? [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

9. NewYorkIslander

Floral Chambray
    Natty Chrmxl Belt
    Optic White Duck
    Carmina Suede DBM

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Think this may be my first ever head to toe Epaulet fit...

10. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

That looks great! The shirt is ace on you.

Thank you! Glad that you're enjoying the boots, and your photos are fricking boss. I miss those double-faced digicams!

Are up kidding? We love your photos. Clutter away.

Glad that you're enjoying them! That cordovan looks good enough to eat.

It's just the pitch of the lens and some wide angle distortion from shooting it up close.

Got them finalized a little while ago. The first delivery will be bordeaux, blood orange, and navy. They'll arrive in the Summertime, probably around late June. I can't wait for them.

Try the tongue pad first. That corrects the fit in a natural way and pushes your foot both down and back. If your heel is still slipping after that, then using the heel strip will give you additional traction in the back.

I talk to customers about these things all of the time (tongue pad, heel grips, insoles). A lot of guys - to their detriment - find these things to be a weapon of last resort. The things that you buy if you purchased the incorrect size and you can't fit in a shoe. While they're good for that, that's not their only purpose. Many people have feet which are two different sizes. Or different widths. They have low arches, or high arches. Narrow heels. These are great tools and can improve the fit in a lot of situations. They can make shoes that are properly sized fit even better. I see them like alterations to a sportcoat. I'd encourage anyone to try them if your shoes feel a little large in any dimension - even well-worn shoes.

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  11. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

No tats and booze. Lacks street cred.

12. badsha

badsha Senior member

Damn you can pull it off. I was eyeing that shirt, but I think it looks better on you.

13. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Hmm, these are looking pretty long. Even if you wanted them with some break. I'd recommend taking them back to get it dialed in. The outfit combo is on point though!

Rudy preorders come up every month, and we've got cloud in there.

A good rule of thumb is this. If you can fit well into Levis 501, then you can be confident that the Walt is going to work for you. The APC new standard is a good guide too, but not everyone has access to try a pair of those one. You should be able to find a Levis 501 anywhere.

If 501's are really tight on you and you have a difficult time fitting in to slim trousers in general, then you're more likely a Rudy guy. And some guys can fit into the Walt but choose the Rudy because they like a fuller cut.

If you're new to the Rudy, try it with one pair. Order something easy - like the Regiment Twill. You can always reach out to us for sizing advice. When you get the trouser, it has seam allowances so even if it's not perfect as delivered, you'll be able to tailor it to fit. As long as we get the waist measurement right (and we can help you figure that out), the legs are most likely going to fit.

+100

When we put the Digicams into production again, this was exactly my mindset for it. You see a lot of camo pants being worn aggressively by McNairy dudes, #menswear people, streetwear guys, Bathing Ape-esque British guys, hip hop fans, hardcore guys, etc. But it doesn't mean that you have to be one of those guys to wear them. They're just cool, patterned trousers that are actually very easy to match with a whole range of looks. I think that they're just as basic as a cool color like French Blue. Wear them with an OCBD, a t-shirt, a polo, wingtips, sneakers, monks, boots, harrington, denim jacket, sportcoat, etc.

Just don't wear them with a matching jacket without actually being in the army. Or being a Master P "No Limit Soldier"

[​IMG]

Rivet chinos are not the same as the Walt, but similar.

It sounds to me like the Rudy fit is going to work for you. But it depends a bit on how you define "girlfriend pants." Our trousers are pretty slim. If they're fitting you radically tighter than the pictured fit on Dylan, then you'll want to size up to the Rudy - and chances are good that the Rudy is going to be spot on.

Very nice! Good to see the OG Indy boots in action too.

Definitely one of your best. You really wear those white chinos well.

14. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

This looks great, Rob. My only suggestion would be to incorporate a surcingle belt for added color—maroon, perhaps—but the look is solid just as you have it here. Lookin' ready for summer, my friend.

- K

15. NewYorkIslander

You and me both man...I did think about my red and blue ring belt too! Good call.