Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. jdpirtl22

jdpirtl22 Well-Known Member

would love an answer to this as well. Really want to get some epaulet chinos but i'm afraid my thighs are just too big for them. Any chance on a special order fitting for us guys at some point?

2. ascher07

ascher07 Senior member

I don't think so. I remember in my perusing of this thread that in order to make money epaulet has to have their rivet chinos made in bulk, so they don't really plan on making a Rudy cut version. I'd say just try to size up then get them tailored at the waist, but as I'm already a size 36, I can't even follow my own suggestion.

3. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Very cool - enjoy them! I dig them with those boots.

[​IMG]

Ah man, sadly this was our last season of GANT, but I totally agree - this was the best fitting shirt that they ever made. I personally own that one, and I wear it all of the time. Nice combo with the trousers & shoes.

If you want a slimmer fit, I'd definitely look into tapering them a bit after the knee. If you're hemming the Rudy fit a lot, then it's going to give you a bigger leg opening the higher that you go. A decent tailor can zap out that extra room at the bottom and give you a really excellent fit. We have a lot of customers who do exactly this with every pair of Rudy's.

Yowza, that looks great! Glad that you're enjoying the new gear!

Just as everyone else said, this photo is boss as hell! Your compositions are killer!

That Koi shirt really works with the ink. This is pretty killer.

Nice! Congrats on your graduation!

Ah man, I'm sorry to hear about that.

This sounds pretty extreme. If you had them let out and you're having that large seam failure on both pairs, then I'm thinking your tailor may have messed up. It happens. Some people aren't that experienced with letting out pants. I've seen customers wear Rivet Chinos tight as hell, and they're not busting seams on the first try.

I'd start by taking them back to the tailor to be repaired. They should do it at no charge, and it should be a fast, easy repair. You'll want to have it reinforced and sealed with a large stitch. If they do charge you, drop me a line and we'll work something out.

At the moment, our Rivet Chinos are just sized for the fit that we're using. But we're expanding the Rudy special order program, and we have all of the basic cotton colors covered there. We'll start another run of Rudy orders around the end of next week. And the Rudy orders placed last month should arrive in the next 7-10 days.

4. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I just followed you! Has anyone ever caught you posing for the camera while it's on a stand? When I was into modding cars, I used to go into cool parking lots at night to set up shoots with my friends' cars. Just brought that up because your picture reminded me of that.

RE: advices from WAYWT, man..you're practically the anti WAYWT. Most of the members in there spend a crap load of money to look like strung out drug users with jacked up hippie/futuristic haircuts. You're on the conservative side, that's why they say you dress "boring". I'm sure most of those dudes will grow out of it after college ends.

Last edited: May 2, 2012

5. Jimbosaurus

Jimbosaurus Senior member

Royal blue walts and camo rivets on the way. It's going to be a long couple of weeks waiting for them to arrive.

6. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

7. applky

applky Senior member

SVB you look like you're in a Michael Mann movie. Approved.

Autobahn-level skills. The Belt Parkway ain't nuthin' ta f' wit.

NYR this is my personal favorite fit I've seen from you. Fantastic.

Last edited: May 3, 2012

8. arahat

arahat Senior member

I wonder if there's any chance of seeing a size 35 rivet chinos?

Or alternatively what rivet size woould work for somebody who wears a 33 in the Rudy trousers?

9. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

It really depends on how the Rudy fits you. Some people take the same size, some size up. It really just depends on how much space you need in the thigh. The Rivet Chino runs in-between the Walt and Rudy and is also lower rise, so it fits differently.

10. jah786

jah786 Senior member

What a classic. I like this even more than Christmas Pants. Looks like something out of All the President's Men. Did Deep Throat tell you to follow the money?

11. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I wear a 33 Rudy and a 34 Rivet fits me like a glove.

12. wj4

wj4 Senior member

The Blaze Chinos are getting a lot of love here at work. :slayer:

My coworker saw my Tumblr and saw SVB's Tumblr through mine. She said "he dresses like you, except he's white", which I found to be extremely hilarious. She somehow convinced me to go take pictures with different backdrops so I'm now looking at a new camera and will try this out. I'm excited and nervous at the same time because I have no idea what I would say if someone asks me what I am doing posing in front of a camera on a stand. :embar:

13. stevent

stevent Senior member

Anybody want the digital camos in 34? Going to send them back to Epaulet Monday morning. Fabric is amazing but I don't think I'll get much of a chance to wear them. Asking cost + half shipping back.

14. ascher07

ascher07 Senior member

Hey, how do you guys like the Rudy fit? How much looser than the Rivets would you say it is? Do you think it can be pulled off as a casual pant?

I know it may seem like I ask a lot of stupid questions about the fits of this brand. These seem like good people, and that makes me feel better about parting with my money as it's allowing them to continue good work.

15. dra

dra Senior member

I've bought five pairs of walts in the past three days...got those french blues and emerald greens this morning, hoping they work out. Will definitely be the boldest pants I own.

Someone should buy the rest of the Epaulet gear I have for sale to help me fund these purchases!