• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dgonsh

Reaction score
You're right, they aren't the slimmest from the knee down. But I need a 36 because I have "humongous big" upper legs, as a certain Philadelphia goaltender might put it. The 34 was too tight in the upper block for me. These have been hemmed (I have shorter legs, too) but I'm considering getting them tapered a bit more.
I got my gunmetal rivets tapered slightly from the knee down. worked perfectly for me. i just picked up my french blue's and caramels from the orchard st. store this weekend (thanks matt!!! great to meet you) and will certainly do the same. it turned a great chino that was slightly roomy into the perfect fit for me.

neutrino

Reaction score
If you visit their site, you will see that they carry clothes from other brands such as Gant Rugger. They also have special make ups of shoes from the likes of Carmina and Alden.
Epaulet offers great quality clothes at great prices. Their customer service is also top notch.
On a related note, I've been skimming through the first pages of the thread, to see what I have missed - and it seems that the guys have been able to make people cry over their wallets almost from the get-go.
Btw, huge props to Keith for pics of Korina V in this thread
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

thebunk

Reaction score

If you visit their site, you will see that they carry clothes from other brands such as Gant Rugger. They also have special make ups of shoes from the likes of Carmina and Alden.
Epaulet offers great quality clothes at great prices. Their customer service is also top notch.

Co-signed.

thebunk

Reaction score

We sound like we need to switch places...between medical copays for our ever-growing family and the fact that I have no more time to enjoy as much of that good stuff as I used to, I could use some unspoiled Canadian nature. How bout an apt swap...lol

Maybe. My wife and I have no kids so urban living with all of the conveinents I mentioned would be a fit for me. You would get in return the great outdoors, free (but necessarily great) health care and a very nice size house and likely an acre or so of land for the same amount as your apartment.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Quote:
lol... NYR, you are the king of thread derailments... but yeah, that's mine. It's awesome.

I've had a ton of cars (this one is #14) but the first new car I ever got was a MkV GTI which I absolutely loved. Last year, this R32 popped up at the dealer where my GTI was serviced and they offered me a really good deal on it. It's obviously a very similar car but the R32's differences are key. The GTI was always trying to put way too much power down to just the front wheels, plus the overall build quality on the R32 seems to be better even though most of it is the same materials. AWD lets me go to the snow whenever I want without needing to swap tires or put chains on. Handling-wise, the R32 feels much more confident and planted and I can brake much later in the twisties. I do miss the manual transmission on the GTI, though (the US R32s only came with the DSG).

I checked out the new Golf R at the LA Auto Show last fall and concluded it is far too similar to my car to warrant trading up. The only significant difference on the new one is that it gets far better mileage. But then you don't have that awesome throaty V6 exhaust note, so what's the point? But you ought to check out one of the new ones; either the R or just the new GTI. I remember the MKIIIs as being heavier and underpowered compared to the prior two generations. The more recent ones have fixed that. If you liked yours, you'd definitely like the new ones. But then we'd probably stop seeing weekly Epaulet purchases from you, so maybe don't...

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Schott double-zip car coat (from Epaulet)
Navy hopsack Caine blazer (no vis)
Tan Moleskin walts

MkV R32

Another outstanding photo, SVB. How long does it take you to set a shot like that up, and do you take it just for your tumblr and SF or do you have other reasons?

Here are two photos of my one and only Rivet Chinos in khaki.

Went with the 36 inch waist with the idea of washing and drying them to fit. I think the cut is nice overall. The hand on the fabric is soft and smooth. Should wear beautifully. I also need to take some photos of the two Caine sport coats I got, grape and green.

I hope the bare feet don't offend. No shoes in the house. Which is increasingly a problem, given the number of shoes I buy.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

^did the washing and drying shrink them any?

Yes, as far as I can tell without any before and after measurements. I suppose it may go with out sayng, but years of rather careless washing and drying of just about any piece of clothing tells me that there's usually a noticeable amount of shrinkage over time. Sometimes that works for me, and sometimes it doesn't.

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Crosspost from WAYWT as I'm wearing the wine chinos and Carmina dub monks:

Very nice, been planing to wear them the same way, weather is about to hit 90 degrees here in Indiana :cry:

Wish I bought the grey ones as well now, Mike is there going to be a restock?

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This yours? My first car that I got myself was a 1997 VW GTI in electric blue. I loved that car, and used to zip in and out of traffic on the Belt Parkway daily in it.

lol... NYR, you are the king of thread derailments... but yeah, that's mine. It's awesome.

I've had a ton of cars (this one is #14) but the first new car I ever got was a MkV GTI which I absolutely loved. Last year, this R32 popped up at the dealer where my GTI was serviced and they offered me a really good deal on it. It's obviously a very similar car but the R32's differences are key. The GTI was always trying to put way too much power down to just the front wheels, plus the overall build quality on the R32 seems to be better even though most of it is the same materials. AWD lets me go to the snow whenever I want without needing to swap tires or put chains on. Handling-wise, the R32 feels much more confident and planted and I can brake much later in the twisties. I do miss the manual transmission on the GTI, though (the US R32s only came with the DSG).

I checked out the new Golf R at the LA Auto Show last fall and concluded it is far too similar to my car to warrant trading up. The only significant difference on the new one is that it gets far better mileage. But then you don't have that awesome throaty V6 exhaust note, so what's the point? But you ought to check out one of the new ones; either the R or just the new GTI. I remember the MKIIIs as being heavier and underpowered compared to the prior two generations. The more recent ones have fixed that. If you liked yours, you'd definitely like the new ones. But then we'd probably stop seeing weekly Epaulet purchases from you, so maybe don't...

Sorry to continue the thread derailment, but a few months I purchased a 2009 MkV Rabbit ago for my teenager to drive to and from school. Right next to it on the dealer lot were a MkV R32 and GTI. My son for obvious reasons wanted the better performing car, specifically the R32, but I didn't want to pay more nor jack my insurance costs even higher. Kids put a real dent in the clothes and shoes budget.....

CaliforniaSon

Reaction score
eagerly awaiting my red white n blue madras, as well as the oxford chino restock.

any new shirts on the horizon?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads