• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dude, this is SF, this **** bothers all of us more than it should! Having said that, I have no idea how to answer your question. Sorry.
Plum Rivets today, love them with Navy Suede:
54feb1b0.jpg

ff2d6c3c.jpg

Awesome look....starting to make me want the Plum Rivets on the next restock, and I'm in desperate need of some blue suede.

Last edited:

neutrino

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the question! The clay chinos that we have are the original cut and design - with the metal tack buttons. I think getting a 31 will be safe for you. We can always get you into a different pair if they don't work.
In terms of shirts, I'm thinking Medium as well. Chances are you could do either, but there's a good possibility that the Small will be too small. If the Medium is big, I think that it will be by a very small degree.

Thanks for the hints! In fact, while I was pondering these issues, the red/white/blue madras in Medium was gone.. I assume this was a come-and-go item, so no restock?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks for the hints! In fact, while I was pondering these issues, the red/white/blue madras in Medium was gone.. I assume this was a come-and-go item, so no restock?

We may restock it one more time - it's actually been brought in twice so far. We should have the Red Sunset Madras in your size though. If you dig the color, then that's the same weight of cloth as the red/white/blue.

********************************************************************************************

And I've got a little preview shot for you guys. Next week, we're going to launch an "Epaulet Friends" feature. I've always considered doing lookbooks, but it's tough given the nature of our deliveries. We don't have seasonal collections and I don't usually make samples ahead of time. But I wanted to show our clothing in a stylish way and also show some ideas for how pieces can be worn together.

"Epaulet Friends" will be a monthly feature dedicated to this. We'll invite someone cool, turn our Manhattan store into a studio, and shoot them in a bunch of looks that show off our current assortment at that time. We'll do a short Q&A to accompany it. Hopefully this can become a signature thing for us, and it will be a light-hearted way to present our line.

Dave Ortiz is going to be our first featured "model." He's the former Team Manager of Zoo York Skateboards and a legend in the NYC scene. He's also a hilarious guy and potentially the biggest Bad Brains fan on Earth. I'll post it up next week, and I'm excited to hear what you guys think!

Last edited:

neutrino

Reaction score
We may restock it one more time - it's actually been brought in twice so far. We should have the Red Sunset Madras in your size though. If you dig the color, then that's the same weight of cloth as the red/white/blue.
Great, you have any estimates? Probably towards the summer?

Looking forward to seeing some terrific shots with the looks!

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cool stuff in the works, look fwd to it!

Can't believe the Optic WHite is sitting around like it is. I had mine on today, wishing perhaps for some more colorful weather...pretty damn grey today:
0027b394.jpg

7ab069b0.jpg

319334f4.jpg

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
And I've got a little preview shot for you guys. Next week, we're going to launch an "Epaulet Friends" feature. I've always considered doing lookbooks, but it's tough given the nature of our deliveries. We don't have seasonal collections and I don't usually make samples ahead of time. But I wanted to show our clothing in a stylish way and also show some ideas for how pieces can be worn together.

"Epaulet Friends" will be a monthly feature dedicated to this. We'll invite someone cool, turn our Manhattan store into a studio, and shoot them in a bunch of looks that show off our current assortment at that time. We'll do a short Q&A to accompany it. Hopefully this can become a signature thing for us, and it will be a light-hearted way to present our line.

Dave Ortiz is going to be our first featured "model." He's the former Team Manager of Zoo York Skateboards and a legend in the NYC scene. He's also a hilarious guy and potentially the biggest Bad Brains fan on Earth. I'll post it up next week, and I'm excited to hear what you guys think!

This is fantastic.

Also, it appears NYR is stepping up his photo game...
patch[1].gif

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Cool stuff in the works, look fwd to it!
Can't believe the Optic WHite is sitting around like it is. I had mine on today, wishing perhaps for some more colorful weather...pretty damn grey today:
0027b394.jpg

7ab069b0.jpg

319334f4.jpg

These are great! Did you shoot that with the new DSLR? And you were like 4 blocks from our condo.

lol, AldenxSE. I love the canal...supposedly swimming in it can both cause and cure certain cancers. Seriously, the history of it and the American Revolution is astounding...I won't bore the thread readers though...

Really, what's its connection to the American Revolution?

LankyFellow

Reaction score
I took a decently long break from checking into the forum so this might have been answered already, but I saw that Epaulet was listed as a vendor in the 10 year anniversary in SF. Does this mean you guys are actually coming out here with clothes and such? That would be awesome and would make me actually hop over from Oakland so that I could nail down my size on certain things. Also would be cool to meet the guys I am always bugging through messages.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

[/SPOILER]
These are great! Did you shoot that with the new DSLR? And you were like 4 blocks from our condo.
Really, what's its connection to the American Revolution?

Nope, just a plain ole iPhone...we're getting the new snapper next week. We can't ship to our place cause the mailman just leaves stuf in the lobby and people steal ****...:(.

Was at the shop to pick up the Mocs and swapped out the OCBD for the linen stars shirt....its so awesome.

As for the AR, the whole area surrounding the Canal was swampy marshlands. In fact, 4th Avenue used to be called "Shore Rd" cause its where the shore line used to be. Anyway, end of August 1776, the British fleet had basically took over all of NY Harbor (was the largest marine invasion in human history until D-Day). Finally, the British began debarking at what is now the VZ Narrows Bridge. It took them a good couple of days to march the length of 4th Ave (Shore Rd) to 3rd Street (where the Old Stone House now stands). It took them longer than anticipated because, as most Augusts are in NYC, miserably hot and humid, and the troops who were marching were Hessians and Red Coats. On their way they were taking target practice on farmers' watermelons, a fruit which the German mercinaries had never seen before in Germany. Knowing how hot Augusts are here, you can imagine that upon seeing all the water and beautifully red fruit, these guys all decided to grab some, and much to their commanders' dismay, they were delayed a couple of days. Those days allowed George Washington to march his troops from Battle Bass (in Prospect Park) down what is now 1st Street, across the Gowanus, but by the time they were making their escape, the Hessians had finally made it along with a whole other regiment of British regulars who were advancing from Gravesend and chasing behind the Americans through Prospect Park. (i believe it was 20,000 total) and something like 6500 Americans. Washingon was able to get the majority of his men across the canal into Brooklyn Heights where they made a dangerous night crossing during a huge Noreaster (which would have had the humidity building unbearably in the days prior...think about those 4th Ave Watermelons again...*no not those watermelons, get your minds out of the gutter*) Anyway, wshington had asked Lord Sterling and a regiment from Delaware and Maryland (about 400 of them) to hold off the oncoming British and allow the rest of his army to escape. They did, but were forced to sacrifice so many men. They held the British at the Old Stone House just long enough to get Washington and his army across the Gowanus. Had Washington been met by the 10,000 or so redcoats, the Revolution would have been over on the spot, but because of the sacrifice of those 400 men, we were able to escape, regroup, and eventually exit Manhattan into Jersey, scoop around the Delaware River and raid Trenton on Christmas night, which is when the war began in earnest to be one between two armies of numbers and able men, not just a group of 2500 or so rag tag militias.

Supposedly many men were shot down in the Gowanus and the swap surrounding it and many are buried in unmarked graves below 3rd Ave between 8th and 1st Sts. The old U-Haul depot was the site for one of those grave sites for those brave heroes who were the first of many to sacrifice for this land. Many of those who died had surrendured and were supposedly bayoneted by the Hessians who were leading the charge against the Marylanders there.

Really cool piece of NYC History, that most have no idea about, as in many text books, its only mentioned in passing as the "Battle of Long Island" or the "Battle of Brooklyn".

590px-Battle_of_Long_Island.gif

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads