• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alphataru

Reaction score
Pretty sure that's a Gant by Michael Bastion db from last winter. I have the same one, and yes, it's dope as hell.

This looks so dope! What's the blazer?

We should be getting a re-stock soon. If I remember correctly, they'll be in the Southwick delivery this week.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just placed an order for my 12th epaulet item purchase this year. 9th directly from epaulet. must stop following this thread.

AML225

Reaction score
When I get my slim Walts hemmed do I want hand sewn or machine? Does it matter? Is one a sign of a better tailor? Am I safe having my dry cleaner do the work?

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Took the kids to the park:
202a2ce4.jpg

Navy Canvas Rivets

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

just placed an order for my 12th epaulet item purchase this year. 9th directly from epaulet. must stop following this thread.

Thank you sir and enjoy it!

When I get my slim Walts hemmed do I want hand sewn or machine? Does it matter? Is one a sign of a better tailor? Am I safe having my dry cleaner do the work?

Either way is fine, and your dry cleaner should be able to do it without a problem. I'd just recommend being very clear about what kind of hem you want. If you want no break, then be sure to stress that. Many dry cleaners want to give you an absurd, JNCO-jean amount of break at the bottom by default.
Took the kids to the park:
202a2ce4.jpg
Navy Canvas Rivets

First day with the french blues.

You guys are looking ace!

thebunk

Reaction score
Damn, really upset I missed the French Blues now. Great fit Renelan!! You as well NYR!

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm under the assumption that you are typically the best dressed dad at the park, or maybe even your entire neighborhood.

LOL, actually there's a friend of mine who lives on the floor above me who is an SFer, not as active as I am here, but he is a SW&D guy who kills it most the time, so I may not even be the best dressed guy in the building some days! Before we actually became friends we liked each other's gear, but were afraid to tell each other for fear of coming across as "interested". Then we both had kids around the same time (2008), and started talking about them, the clothes naturally came up and we laughed hard as hell when we both agreed that we were eying each others gear for years, but were afraid to say something...only on SF.

Racing Green

Reaction score
Got my navy canvas rivets let out an inch at the waist per Mike's advice. Fit is now perfect. As I said before I'm in denim 99% of the time but these are going to get one hell of a beating this summer.

Banana Cognac

Reaction score
Got a shirting size question
My chest is roughly 39.5 - 40" I have fairly broad shoulders for my size.
I wear mediums in APC shirting Large in Rag and Bone and I have a few XL in BoO.
Given that info should I be looking to buy a medium in Epaulet or a large?

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I wear mediums in APC shirting Large in Rag and Bone and I have a few XL in BoO.

Sounds like we are similarly sized, so I'd say go with large. The measurements on the site are accurate, so that should help confirm whatever decision you make.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score

Anything new dropping this week fellas?

I'm afraid of what's coming. I've got my 13th Epaulet item this year on the way to me right now. Do I need a pink gingham shirt????

I'd say definitely a large. My chest size is 39" on the button and I think my shoulders are average width. Epaulet medium shirt is slightly tight for me in the chest but the shoulders are perfect. I now buy large Epaulet shirts and find the chest size to be very good while the shoulders are still OK. (only 0.5" wider than medium)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads