1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ErcolesX3
    Drakes
    EpauletxCarmina

SVB, very cool man. I love Paris and was lucky enough to be able to spend significant time there on trial as a young soccer player as a guest of the Red Star Club in 1993. One of the best few months of my life...catch any football in the UK and France while you were there?

2. Omar1223

Omar1223 Senior member

are the rudy special orders from last month in yet?

3. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Knocking it out of the park lately Rob...well, except for that "stuff" on your shoulder a few days back...I didn't really care for that :D

1 person likes this.
  4. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

Yeah, we got lucky with the weather I guess, as it was fantastic in Paris. I've got more photos coming from other spots as well. We were only in Paris for about a day & a half but we went all over. I speak a little bit of French, which as bad as it is, really helped us get around. Although on the day we left, I gave our cab driver the exact address for where to take us and he responded that there are four roads with that name in Paris. At that point even if he'd spoken English, I'd have been pretty stumped. Luckily he was able to figure it out based on the fact that we were just going to an Avis location, and luckily there's only one of those -- on one of the four streets with the same name. Overall, Paris was one of our favorite spots and I loved the chance to try my French, which I haven't really used since high school 10 years ago. Almost everyone I spoke to probably could have switched to English but didn't, which was awesome, since it forced me to speak French and hopefully say something somewhat intelligible. They seemed to be able to figure it out, at least.

NYR that's awesome that you got to live there legitimately. That must have been a real blast. We saw some football here and there in different bars and pubs but never had a chance to watch a full match. We were on the move quite a lot. Beer, wine and/or pastis were usually the first priorities before any other entertainment.

5. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Still waiting on mine, thought they'd be here this week....hoping they come in by next week now

6. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

Nothing says the holidays are coming like NYR's facial hair.

2 people like this.
  7. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Need to go on a vacation like Stan's soon! Too bad none of my friends have the funds/same interest as I do.

Mandarin Walt today:
    [​IMG]

8. applky

applky Senior member

QFT.

9. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

awesome, just the way it should be [​IMG] (although the snobby ex-Parisian part of me would somewhat scoff at the pastis part haha)

10. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Although the vast majority of my "go to" clothing is Epaulet, I have rarely posted fit or lifestyle pics. Having said that, I appreciate that you take the time to do so and like just about all of the pics you have posted.

11. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Thanks, P. I'm eager for the weather to cool down as I think I have a lot of better outfits to showcase. It became fun for me to take pictures daily. I tried doing a lifestyle picture once on Saturday at a local outdoor mall. The experience sucked as the sun was out in full force and the photographer was not that well so we had to take quite a few shots to reach an acceptable one, haha.

1 person likes this.
  12. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior member

Nice Stan! It looks like you got to go punting on the Cam. I studied abroad in Cambridge for six months during my junior year in college...damn, that was more than 10 years ago. Did you get a chance to walk around any of the colleges? I was at Trinity College. Hopefully you got to try some Old Speckled Hen, it's one of my favorite English ales and usually hard to find in the US.

13. Simplicio

Simplicio Senior member

^ It would have been funny if we had passed each other on the street and recognised each other based on Epaulet clothes. I'm used to being the only person who wears Epaulet in Cambridge.

14. trig

trig Senior member

mmm Old Speckled Hen. I used to get that at Bloodhound in the SOMA neighborhood of SF.

15. bestak

bestak Active Member

Just a try do do some Epaulet wear photo:

Today,
    • Shirt= Chambray Shirt Red Sz S
    • Pant= Rivet Chino Oxford cloth grey Sz 33
    • Shoes= Waverly Penny Loafer Sz 8D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Congrats to wj4 and others who make really fine photos, it is not very easy to do !

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  16. luzer

luzer Senior member

some bad pics. hit away. thanks for the support.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. wj4

wj4 Senior member

The length looks acceptable to me. I have some of my trousers hemmed to have a no break/high water stance like that. It may be the angle from the first picture, but the positioning of the buttons on the jacket looks kinda low, which throws off the trousers.

18. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

In the context of that outfit, I think the pants look a little on the short side. If you're wearing a jacket + tie, I don't think you should be able to see your socks while standing straight up.

I wouldn't do it myself, but I am usually a fan of wj4's no break look. But, he tends to do it on more causal outfits (at least in the pics I've seen here). In the more conservative outfit you posted, I think the trousers should at least reach the top of your shoes...it looks to be slightly above in your pics. I also agree about the buttoning point, it does look strangely low on that jacket.

19. jt2gt

jt2gt Senior member

I agree...maybe 1/2 inch or so too short. Go through and look at WJ4's fits, didn't see any that short (or check out NYR's perfect hems).

JT

20. AchtungBaby07

AchtungBaby07 Senior member

Hi Mike,

any updates or sneek preview of the upcoming factory finds?

cant wait! hope to also see some non-winter stuff as well