Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Definitely needs some tailoring. Give it a wash first and see if it shrinks.

2. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Took a picture to compare the shades between the orange linen and the orange cotton trousers.

They are quite far apart in hue. If you have one already, and is thinking about getting another pair...do it.

I think the orange cotton Walt would look really sharp with a navy jacket.

[​IMG]

3. AnImp

AnImp Well-Known Member

Is there any chance Epaulet is planning on restocking sportcoats using the mid-gray 120s? Or any other jacket that I can turn into a suit?

4. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Thinking about the linen shirt...is that a dry clean only you think? Or can I cold wash it like all my other Ep cotton shirts?

5. applky

applky Senior member

Oh man either would look so incredible with a navy jacket. I'm just imagining both with my navy wool/linen summer SC...

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012

6. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

On a random note, anyone who follows us on twitter or instagram is probably aware that I love (1) dogs and (2) rap from the mid to late 90's.

They're brilliantly combined in this video. In fact, this may be the greatest online video ever made. Eazy-E's ghost pug at the end was freaking killing me.

BONE PUGZ-N-HARMONY

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

7. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

here's a fit I posted in WAYWT for feedback on whether this was a decent casual fit or too top/bottom incongruous... as expected it got some mixed results. but in any event, here I am wearing the navy hopsack blazer and blue OCBD along with some APCs and bucks

[​IMG]

8. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

The Caine jacket pairs well with denim, but I don't think it does here. I would unroll the jeans and (definitely) wear a sleeker pair of shoes. Maybe a less slim cut would work better.

9. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Blazer fits you nicely. I think the jeans are too washed and worn to go with a top like that. Something as small as the tie clip overly formalizes the tops as well imo. Maybe darker denim with no cuff would work better, and again, lose the tie clip, and maybe even the tie.

10. acularw

acularw Senior member

That is amazing and you now have me adding Bone Thugs to my Spotify. I'm pretty sure I listed to The Crossroads and Art of War non-stop for at least one summer back in the day...

11. Epaulet

It's tagged dry clean only, but you should be able to cold wash it without much change. I'd do it on the gentle cycle.

One thing though - if you do wash it, it's going to be seriously wrinkled - just like the Gitman Vintage linen shirts that we received. I find that I can wear a linen shirt quite a bit before I have to clean it, so you may consider dry cleaning it just to keep it neat and pressed.

In mid June or so, we'll have a darker grey 120s suit - close to a charcoal. That will be the grey suit separate going forward.

We've got enough cloth to cut about 2 more Medium Grey 120's jackets, so if you have the trousers already, or we have your size in stock, then drop me a line and we can do a special order jacket for you.

It's definitely big in the body from the photo that you posted, but it seems like a good fit in the shoulders and chest. But our Ashland shirting is pretty tapered around the bottom, so I'm surprised to see it. Are the jeans pretty tight on your waist? It's tough to tell from the pics, but I'm thinking that it's just not tucked in very far because your jeans are snug in the top block, and that's causing it to bell out around your abdomen. Did you try it on with a pair of trousers or chinos?

Very nice, thanks for picking it up!

Ah, they look great! Wearing my Cramertons as well today. These have been on 4-5x a week rotation since last Fall. Glad that you're enjoying them!

12. narcissism

narcissism Senior member

This video is amazing.

13. Epaulet

I like this look quite a bit. I've seen plenty of guys wear the Caine successfully with jeans.

The jeans are nice and slim. They've got some wear on them and they're not totally dark indigo, which I think makes a great contrast to the jacket. Wearing a really dark raw jean might look too matched up to the Caine.

I agree with NYR on losing the tie clip. And with the cuffs rolled like that, I'd probably break out some colorful socks to have some punch.

But I like the jeans and blazer combo. I could see you pairing those jeans with a gingham cutaway shirt, no tie, and a pair of loafers - either with red or burgundy socks or no socks - and the fit kicking some serious ass. The jeans and blazer look is done horribly around 98% of the time, but when both pieces fit perfectly and really speak to one another, it's a great combo.

14. Epaulet

Preview Shots

I took some quick and dirty phone snaps at the store today. Here's three good things that are coming next week.

First off, our two remaining Ashland Spring shirts. Both have cutaway collars:

[​IMG]
    Ashland Summer Oxford: $175 (a thick yet luxurious hand on this, it's nutzo nice)

[​IMG]
    Ashland Pink Gingham: $150

And, may I present the Caine jacket in Loro Piana Navy Windowpane. Guaranteed to "bring the pane" (sorry, I know that was cheap) as either a sportcoat or a matching suit.

[​IMG]

15. ibitegirls

ibitegirls Well-Known Member

made the chinos pretty tight, think it looks better now
    [​IMG][​IMG]