• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took a picture to compare the shades between the orange linen and the orange cotton trousers.

They are quite far apart in hue. If you have one already, and is thinking about getting another pair...do it.

I think the orange cotton Walt would look really sharp with a navy jacket.

17bkt5.jpg

AnImp

Reaction score
Is there any chance Epaulet is planning on restocking sportcoats using the mid-gray 120s? Or any other jacket that I can turn into a suit?

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took a picture to compare the shades between the orange linen and the orange cotton trousers.
They are quite far apart in hue. If you have one already, and is thinking about getting another pair...do it.
I think the orange cotton Walt would look really sharp with a navy jacket.
17bkt5.jpg

Oh man either would look so incredible with a navy jacket. I'm just imagining both with my navy wool/linen summer SC...

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
On a random note, anyone who follows us on twitter or instagram is probably aware that I love (1) dogs and (2) rap from the mid to late 90's.

They're brilliantly combined in this video. In fact, this may be the greatest online video ever made. Eazy-E's ghost pug at the end was freaking killing me.

BONE PUGZ-N-HARMONY

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
here's a fit I posted in WAYWT for feedback on whether this was a decent casual fit or too top/bottom incongruous... as expected it got some mixed results. but in any event, here I am wearing the navy hopsack blazer and blue OCBD along with some APCs and bucks

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Caine jacket pairs well with denim, but I don't think it does here. I would unroll the jeans and (definitely) wear a sleeker pair of shoes. Maybe a less slim cut would work better.

Last edited:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Blazer fits you nicely. I think the jeans are too washed and worn to go with a top like that. Something as small as the tie clip overly formalizes the tops as well imo. Maybe darker denim with no cuff would work better, and again, lose the tie clip, and maybe even the tie.

acularw

Reaction score
On a random note, anyone who follows us on twitter or instagram is probably aware that I love (1) dogs and (2) rap from the mid to late 90's.
They're brilliantly combined in this video. In fact, this may be the greatest online video ever made. Eazy-E's ghost pug at the end was freaking killing me.
BONE PUGZ-N-HARMONY
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

That is amazing and you now have me adding Bone Thugs to my Spotify. I'm pretty sure I listed to The Crossroads and Art of War non-stop for at least one summer back in the day...

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Thinking about the linen shirt...is that a dry clean only you think? Or can I cold wash it like all my other Ep cotton shirts?

It's tagged dry clean only, but you should be able to cold wash it without much change. I'd do it on the gentle cycle.

One thing though - if you do wash it, it's going to be seriously wrinkled - just like the Gitman Vintage linen shirts that we received. I find that I can wear a linen shirt quite a bit before I have to clean it, so you may consider dry cleaning it just to keep it neat and pressed.

Is there any chance Epaulet is planning on restocking sportcoats using the mid-gray 120s? Or any other jacket that I can turn into a suit?

In mid June or so, we'll have a darker grey 120s suit - close to a charcoal. That will be the grey suit separate going forward.

We've got enough cloth to cut about 2 more Medium Grey 120's jackets, so if you have the trousers already, or we have your size in stock, then drop me a line and we can do a special order jacket for you.

Does this shirt fit me okay??? I thought the medium would be smaller but not sure of this fit

It's definitely big in the body from the photo that you posted, but it seems like a good fit in the shoulders and chest. But our Ashland shirting is pretty tapered around the bottom, so I'm surprised to see it. Are the jeans pretty tight on your waist? It's tough to tell from the pics, but I'm thinking that it's just not tucked in very far because your jeans are snug in the top block, and that's causing it to bell out around your abdomen. Did you try it on with a pair of trousers or chinos?

I was feeling especially casual today and work the grey floral chambray and EP denim to work today. I've never gotten so many compliments on a shirt. It's still in stock so if are on the fence just go for it. I'm not normally a floral print guy but this shirt is killer.

Very nice, thanks for picking it up!

x-post from WAYWT but this is my first fit pic of the Walt Cramerton's I got awhile back. They fit great. I'm 5'10" ~160 and these are sz. 33, taken out just a touch

Ah, they look great! Wearing my Cramertons as well today. These have been on 4-5x a week rotation since last Fall. Glad that you're enjoying them!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

here's a fit I posted in WAYWT for feedback on whether this was a decent casual fit or too top/bottom incongruous... as expected it got some mixed results. but in any event, here I am wearing the navy hopsack blazer and blue OCBD along with some APCs and bucks

I like this look quite a bit. I've seen plenty of guys wear the Caine successfully with jeans.

The jeans are nice and slim. They've got some wear on them and they're not totally dark indigo, which I think makes a great contrast to the jacket. Wearing a really dark raw jean might look too matched up to the Caine.

I agree with NYR on losing the tie clip. And with the cuffs rolled like that, I'd probably break out some colorful socks to have some punch.

But I like the jeans and blazer combo. I could see you pairing those jeans with a gingham cutaway shirt, no tie, and a pair of loafers - either with red or burgundy socks or no socks - and the fit kicking some serious ass. The jeans and blazer look is done horribly around 98% of the time, but when both pieces fit perfectly and really speak to one another, it's a great combo.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Preview Shots

I took some quick and dirty phone snaps at the store today. Here's three good things that are coming next week.

First off, our two remaining Ashland Spring shirts. Both have cutaway collars:

Ashland Summer Oxford: $175 (a thick yet luxurious hand on this, it's nutzo nice)

Ashland Pink Gingham: $150

And, may I present the Caine jacket in Loro Piana Navy Windowpane. Guaranteed to "bring the pane" (sorry, I know that was cheap) as either a sportcoat or a matching suit.

Last edited:

ibitegirls

Reaction score
It's definitely big in the body from the photo that you posted, but it seems like a good fit in the shoulders and chest. But our Ashland shirting is pretty tapered around the bottom, so I'm surprised to see it. Are the jeans pretty tight on your waist? It's tough to tell from the pics, but I'm thinking that it's just not tucked in very far because your jeans are snug in the top block, and that's causing it to bell out around your abdomen. Did you try it on with a pair of trousers or chinos?

made the chinos pretty tight, think it looks better now

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics