Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Thanks for posting all that info up Applky!

Gitman Vintage and Ashland sizing has a more dramatic size scale than Epaulet. There's a larger difference between sizes. So generally:

XS Gitman Vintage / Ashland is signifcantly smaller than Epaulet XS
    Small Gitman Vintage / Ashland is about the same as an Epaulet Small
    Medium Gitman Vintage / Ashland is a bit larger than an Epaulet Medium. Pretty much right in-between an Epaulet Medium and Epaulet Large
    Large Gitman Vintage / Ashland is much bigger than an Epaulet Large. Close to an Epaulet XL

If you take a small in Gitman Vintage, then I'd recommend a Small in our shirts. Our armholes are deeper and our cut is a little more athletic, so it typically works.

But as Applky said, you'll LOVE the fit of our Ashland by Epaulet shirts. We've got a new collection of those coming in the next 4-6 weeks. Fit is one-to-one with GV.

I would go with your waist measurement. We have guys with very thin legs buy the rivet chinos reguarly, and I've never seen them fit baggy on anyone. They're a slim chino by any measure - you can see how well they fit NYR in the pics above.

If you want a really slim leg then I'd recommend getting the Walt cramerton. The leg's a bit slimmer than the chino to begin with, and you can have it tapered more if you like. I've seen customers taper their Walts into true cigarette pants, and it's pretty cool!

Dude! As punk rock as the muttonchops were, I have to say, I really dig the semi-clean-shaven look. You've still got some George Michael-Father Figure stubble going there.

And that sweater fits you perfectly!

2. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

3. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    While I have not tried an EP shirt, going by the measurements Gitman runs a lot shorter in the arms. I had to return the single Gitman Vintage I have tried because of this fact.

4. Samir

Samir Senior member

Jeans came in today. I was actually able to button up the waist fine - very very snug, but not uncomfortable or painful. I do have to "sag" a little to avoid compression of my package, but hopefully it loosens up a little - even as little as 0.5" would be dandy. Thighs and below is a great fit.
    Definitely a comfortable feel and texture to the denim right out of the box. I've never had raw denim before, so I was a little wary about the initial wear but these aren't stiff at all.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012

5. 1969

1969 Senior member

6. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Trying to drum up interest from a few more people for an Epaulet x Carmina balmoral boot MTO. The idea is to get something like this for spring delivery:

[​IMG]

A shot of what I believe to be the same boot after some wear:

[​IMG]

This will be on Carmina's Robert last in a dark brown shell, possibly the Chestnut as seen on the Epaulet x Carmina wingtips, with antique edge trim, a flat/closed welt, speed hooks, and a brogued cap toe (also known as a quarter brogue, as I've discovered). I note one photo shows a pull tab. Haven't discussed that, but could do.

The Robert last is said to be similar to the Simpson, with more room in the toe area.

If you are interested, we're trying to get the numbers we need to proceed with the order while Mike is at Pitti or shortly thereafter. PM me with any questions or there are details missing that I might be able to fill in.

7. hxh_killua

hxh_killua Senior member

8. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Frank, what is the other shoe/boot choice? On my phone and a real slow connection or would check myself

9. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Porter,
    People were also looking at a navy blue shell jodhpur, though only three have ultimately shown serious interest right now. I'm not one of those people, so I've let it go to focus on the balmoral boot.

Of course it looks like there's a suede austerity brogue MTO ready to go. Not sure if you are referring to that. Details on that are here, to save you any searching: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGFIbVJ5d3dSdm5XanlaMFE3M21EOGc6MQ.

10. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012

11. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

^ SVB - looking awesome as usual, great stuff. Starting to see a steady increase in females popping up in shots now....I don't think I could convince my wife to let me post a pic of the two of us up here, I'd have to do it without ever telling her and hope she never finds out :)

Last week, I took a gamble and got a pair of the Smiths in size 34....I was worried they might be a little too big, but I got them today and they are absolutely perfect in every dimension. For reference, I'm a Rudy 33 in trousers, but when I compared the measurements for the Smiths in 34, they were really close to a different pair of jeans I already own. I'm wearing them today already and I couldn't be happier with the purchase...so glad I didn't hesitate because now all the 34's are all gone. I especially like that they're a little longer, so I can cuff them up. I have long legs so I usually don't have enough length in trousers/jeans/chinos to cuff them, but I really love the way these look with the cuffs. I hope they don't shrink too much after the first wash, because if they get any shorter I might not have enough left to cuff.

12. lagsun

lagsun Senior member

Decided to try again after I found the Rivet (see B&S ad below) to be a little too slim in the thigh for my liking. Ordered the Rudy Worsted Merino Wool trouser and really looking forward to a nice pair of pants....

13. oisin

oisin Senior member

I'd be on that except the two rivets I have are just too short (which I don't get with the 35" inseam, when the trousers are all just about right). It's a bummer because I love them, but I'm just flooding a bit too much in them even before washing. I'm sure you'll find a buyer though.

14. trig

trig Senior member

ugh can't decide between purchasing a pair of rivet chinos in japanese khaki or british khaki.

15. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

don't think it really matters much, either way you're getting a solid staple.