• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Strombollii

Reaction score
Hey Mike,
Just wanted to ask: I placed 2 separate orders on Saturday, the 31st and got confirmation emails, but no shipping notices. I'm not particularly concerned about when the stuff gets here, as I'm sure you're facing a backlog with the sale up and all, but I was just wondering if this is normal.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ If you paid with a credit card, you won't get a shipping notice via e-mail, but usually if you ask them they will get the tracking info to you really quickly. If you paid via Paypal you should have gotten a tracking # right away.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Q: Any plans to release a "walt" fit chino?

The Walts fit very similarly to the chinos. With the exception of the rise, if you look at a given size in each, the individual measurements are almost identical. They don't fit the same, and use different types of fabric generally, but my size 32 chinos and size 32 Walts are easy to wear relatively interchangeably with regard to fit.

(Obviously trousers like the Walts are less casual than chinos, but that's a whole other discussion.)

If you're in between Walt sizes like I am, the general wisdom is to size up, I believe. I wear a 31 chino (having lost some weight a while back; had some more paunch when I bought those other 32 chinos) and wear a size 32 Walt.

Axelman 17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quick update on my Smiths (almost 1 year of off-and-on wear). Anyone who is considering these at the sale price should pull the trigger, they're fantastic denim.

Any chance of finding these in a 32 or are you down to the 28 and 36 left on the website? If so, any new denim in the works?

oisin

Reaction score

Any chance of finding these in a 32 or are you down to the 28 and 36 left on the website? If so, any new denim in the works?

i think earlier we learned there was just one 32 and it sold right away. so, yeah. dunno about more denim though.

captainfunk

Reaction score

Q: Any plans to release a "walt" fit chino?

The rivets fit nearly the same as Walts sans rise. Otherwise, why dont you check out the cramerton walts?

Renalan

Reaction score
Hey guys, anyone able to comment on Epaulet shirting fit vs GBV? I wear small in GBV and looking at the measurements, the Epaulet smalls seem like they'd be a hair too small, where the mediums seem like they'd be too big.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys, anyone able to comment on Epaulet shirting fit vs GBV? I wear small in GBV and looking at the measurements, the Epaulet smalls seem like they'd be a hair too small, where the mediums seem like they'd be too big.

The are definitely slimmer by a bit, although Gitman is all over the place so it's hard to say exactly how much

Last edited:

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I also wear a small in Gitman, and wear an Epaulet Medium. It's not 100% perfect but for OTR the fit is great. Looks good tucked or untucked.

If you wear GBV regularly, you should take a look at the Epaulet x Gitman Ashland shirts, which fit very similar to GBV except the fit is always consistent. I wear an Ashland small and they fit me almost like a bespoke shirt. And they make killer dress shirts when pressed since Gitman uses higher quality fusibles in their shirts (to say nothing of the body fabrics themselves, which seem to mostly be Italian and Japanese pima cottons) than do most makers.

It looks like most Ashland shirts are sold out at the moment, but the red/blue/green tattersall is still available in a small. It's my current favorite shirt, full stop.

mrpo0nani

Reaction score

Well, the "gateway drug" for Epaulet trousers are definitely the Rivet Chinos. Any of the canvas varieties will be excellent for Florida, and they can certainly be dressed up if need be. The overall fit is similar to a slim-straight jean, so they make an ideal alternative to denim.
The Cramertons are officially my favorite cotton trousers ever. Given the higher rise and tabbed waistband, they can be dressed up more than the Chinos. Either would work very well for you, but for regular college wear, I'd probably steer you towards the chinos first.

Awesome, thanks for the reply. I am true 32 and the measurement of the 32's seem just a little too large because I have much slimmer thighs than the average guy. Would it be alright to size down to 31 so the fit would actually be slim on me? I was wondering if they stretch with wear, then the waist would be perfect.

Thanks for the advice so far!

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
dd216660.jpg

fe66e516.jpg

710448af.jpg

Epaulet marled cardi
Rivets

Last edited:

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dd216660.jpg

fe66e516.jpg

710448af.jpg

Epaulet marled cardi
Rivets

Rob, what happened to your face? :) Seriously, nice look!
I really dig the marled cardigan. My fiancee' gave me the blue one for Christmas and it's been getting a lot of use.

Last edited:

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
wow, your face looks so... proportional!

seriously, the beard was fierce but I much prefer this look. the patter on that coat is pretty fantastic, too.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rob - the beard was dope but this is the real you. Adesso, un' Napolitano, veramente !

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads