Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Strombollii

Strombollii Senior member

Hey Mike,
    Just wanted to ask: I placed 2 separate orders on Saturday, the 31st and got confirmation emails, but no shipping notices. I'm not particularly concerned about when the stuff gets here, as I'm sure you're facing a backlog with the sale up and all, but I was just wondering if this is normal.

2. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

^ If you paid with a credit card, you won't get a shipping notice via e-mail, but usually if you ask them they will get the tracking info to you really quickly. If you paid via Paypal you should have gotten a tracking # right away.

3. applky

applky Senior member

The Walts fit very similarly to the chinos. With the exception of the rise, if you look at a given size in each, the individual measurements are almost identical. They don't fit the same, and use different types of fabric generally, but my size 32 chinos and size 32 Walts are easy to wear relatively interchangeably with regard to fit.

(Obviously trousers like the Walts are less casual than chinos, but that's a whole other discussion.)

If you're in between Walt sizes like I am, the general wisdom is to size up, I believe. I wear a 31 chino (having lost some weight a while back; had some more paunch when I bought those other 32 chinos) and wear a size 32 Walt.

4. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

Any chance of finding these in a 32 or are you down to the 28 and 36 left on the website? If so, any new denim in the works?

5. oisin

oisin Senior member

i think earlier we learned there was just one 32 and it sold right away. so, yeah. dunno about more denim though.

6. captainfunk

captainfunk Senior member

The rivets fit nearly the same as Walts sans rise. Otherwise, why dont you check out the cramerton walts?

7. Renalan

Renalan Senior member

Hey guys, anyone able to comment on Epaulet shirting fit vs GBV? I wear small in GBV and looking at the measurements, the Epaulet smalls seem like they'd be a hair too small, where the mediums seem like they'd be too big.

8. stevent

stevent Senior member

The are definitely slimmer by a bit, although Gitman is all over the place so it's hard to say exactly how much

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012

9. applky

applky Senior member

I also wear a small in Gitman, and wear an Epaulet Medium. It's not 100% perfect but for OTR the fit is great. Looks good tucked or untucked.

If you wear GBV regularly, you should take a look at the Epaulet x Gitman Ashland shirts, which fit very similar to GBV except the fit is always consistent. I wear an Ashland small and they fit me almost like a bespoke shirt. And they make killer dress shirts when pressed since Gitman uses higher quality fusibles in their shirts (to say nothing of the body fabrics themselves, which seem to mostly be Italian and Japanese pima cottons) than do most makers.

It looks like most Ashland shirts are sold out at the moment, but the red/blue/green tattersall is still available in a small. It's my current favorite shirt, full stop.

10. mrpo0nani

mrpo0nani Senior member

Awesome, thanks for the reply. I am true 32 and the measurement of the 32's seem just a little too large because I have much slimmer thighs than the average guy. Would it be alright to size down to 31 so the fit would actually be slim on me? I was wondering if they stretch with wear, then the waist would be perfect.

Thanks for the advice so far!

11. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Epaulet marled cardi
    Rivets

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012

12. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Rob, what happened to your face? :) Seriously, nice look!
    I really dig the marled cardigan. My fiancee' gave me the blue one for Christmas and it's been getting a lot of use.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012

13. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Half your face is gone what happened

14. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

wow, your face looks so... proportional!

seriously, the beard was fierce but I much prefer this look. the patter on that coat is pretty fantastic, too.

15. sazon

sazon Senior member

Rob - the beard was dope but this is the real you. Adesso, un' Napolitano, veramente !