Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. oisin

oisin Senior member

i think that's right, but i'm going to throw my vote behind japanese. i like my british khaki and they are very versatile. but they definitely have a slight green cast and i'm going to bet the japanese is even more versatile.

2. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

The other shoe is a Snuff Suede Austerity Brogue. We're pretty close to wrapping that one up - I'm going to put it online for preorder shortly.

Holy god, that outfit is off the hook! You're looking crazy macho these days!

Fantastic, I'm really glad that you're pleased with the jeans. It was a little bittersweet to discontinue the denim, but I'm glad that our remaining Smith's are going to good homes.

Both of them are really versatile in color. British Khaki is lighter weight than the Japanese, so depending on your climate, you might prefer the lighter or heavier chino.

3. Epaulet

Naked and Famous Wallets On Sale

Just added these to the sale section. Brandon from Naked & Famous is one of my favorite people to work with and I really dig what he does. He designed a collection of wallets, which were all totally handmade in Canada. We picked up two styles for the store. These wallets are really thick, and they're made of gorgeous leather. Too thick for trousers, but great for denim. If you're into this style, we marked them down to a great price - especially the ostrich one:

[​IMG]
    Naked and Famous Handmade Ostrich Wallet: Was $275, Now $65

[​IMG]
    Naked and Famous Handmade Unfinished Wallet: Was $155, Now $65

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012

4. trig

trig Senior member

Just got 'em both. I'll just have to pick between the 2 in person. and if all else fails. keep em both :) first epaulet purchase ever. can't wait!

5. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Khaki Canvas Rivets today. I can't tell you what the rivet chino has done for my casual wardrobe. They really are PERFECT, and you can even dress em up a bit if need be.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Trig, you'll probably end up keeping them both.

6. oisin

oisin Senior member

mike, just so you know, the "click to see detail image" on the carmina shoes all show the same (alden?) wingtip boot, not the carminas.

yeah, i was just lusting after some of them. chukka, chelsea, or double monk? i want one. (well i want them all, but will only buy one).

7. oisin

oisin Senior member

totally dig this. great sweater. casual, simple, but totally excellent.

8. Samir

Samir Senior member

Also gambled on a size (except thinking they may be too big), and it turned out well. I've been wearing them all the time for the past few days, and the waist has stretched out to a snug but fine fit.

Are you waiting until they need washing before letting them touch water? The inseam is way too long for me so I've been cuffing them, but at some point I definitely want to hem them and it'll probably be better for synchronous fades if I give them a soak before wearing them too much.

9. dra

dra Senior member

Easy, just get both. You'll be happy you did.

10. MaxK

MaxK Senior member

Seriously. Rivet Chinos are like crack. I've got two pairs, and will be hitting the new stuff Mike is bringing in HARD.

11. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

+1

That's an excellent sweater, NYR.

12. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

Any plans to restock the heavyweight chinos soon? I was looking for a 34.

13. Epaulet

Nice, thanks so much for picking them up! Let me know what you think.

You sir, pimp those chinos out a a really hard degree. Really glad that they're working so well for you.

Ah, thanks for the heads-up, I'll get that fixed. Feel free to shoot me over a PM if you have any Carmina questions.

I wouldn't recommend soaking them. If you want to shrink the inseam before hemming them, run them through a single cold wash and hangdry them. There won't be any difference between doing that and soaking them in terms of fading them down the line.

Hmm, not that exact fabric, but we'll introduce some khaki-toned cottons in that equivalent weight with the big-ass February restock.

14. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

Any rivet chinos in new colors en route too :D ?

15. Epaulet

You bet. Trust me on this - 2012 is going to be a good year for Rivet Chino fans!

I've spent the past year trying to get our production on track, and we've got everything nailed down. We're going to radically expand this whole collection. I think that you guys will love the new collection.