Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Slate Donegal Trousers

Just when you thought that the Donegal train had come and gone, we ran it back to the station for one more stop! May I introduce "Slate Donegal." It's a handsome bluish-grey color and it's a slightly lighter weight than the other four colors we released earlier in the year. It's a perfect transition piece. We've got about 16 pairs available.

[​IMG]
    Walt Trouser Donegal Tweed Slate: $205

Also, we got a few quick restocks:

[​IMG]
    Brown Houndstooth: $185

[​IMG]
    Camel Harris Tweed: $275

2. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Hey Mike - how would you recommend washing the Smiths in general? I've never had a pair of selvedge denim before, so I'm not sure if there's any special instructions I should follow.

3. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

:worship:

4. mrpo0nani

mrpo0nani Senior member

Instead of washing, just soak them if you really want to clean them. If not that then a gentle cycle in the wash turned inside out with no other garments and hang dry. The longer they go without touching that water, the nicer they come out! Some prefer the "washed" look and wash them when they feel like it, as the indigo fades off much faster but overall, not in specific areas where it's rubbed off because of your lifestyle (wallet fades, knees, cellphone, etc).
    Hope that helps!

Just dropped the order for my first pair of Epaulets: Navy Rivet Chinos! Super excited to have discovered this shop as I have been slowly building my wardrobe with essentials. Huzzah!

5. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

Cold water gentle wash, hang dry.

6. Banana Cognac

Banana Cognac Senior member

Hi Mike - I will be making the trek to New York (from Australia) on the 19th Jan-2nd Feb and I plan on checking out the Epaulet store.

I would like to buy a couple pairs of chinos and I would like to know if you would have a decent selection available given that you are having a big drop in Feb.

7. Alphataru

Alphataru Senior member

The style I want is out of size in walt, should I go for rudy and get it tapered, or should I just go for something else?

Also, if I go for the rudy, should I size down, and have the tailor expand the waist, or do my normal size and have the tailor take in the legs?

8. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Yup, I would echo what scottcw said. Soaking jeans can work great for really rough denim, or unsanforized denim, but the Kurabo fabric that we used on these jeans just tended to temporarily stretch out with soaking.

If you don't need to get them hemmed, and you want to maximize the fade on them, just try to wear them regularly for several months without washing. When you're ready to wash them, do the cold water, gentle wash, hang dry method. Wash them by themselves the first time so that you don't stain your other clothing.

If you need to get them hemmed, then do the cold wash (a full wash, not a soak) before you hem them. That way, you get any length shrinkage out of the way. Don't stress out about the fading - you can still wear them for several months after that and get a fade that will be just as nice. It's only repeated regularly washing which will prevent them from fading drastically. Which might be something that you want. If you wash and wear them normally - like a pair of chinos - they'll mostly retain their indigo color and just be a solid dark blue jean.

Rock and roll! Definitely go to the Manhattan store over the Brooklyn one, we'll have a better selection of chinos there. We're running low on 33's and 34's, but we've got decent stock in the other sizes. At the very least, we can get you sized at the shop so you can easily pick up some of the new ones dropping in mid-Feb.

Tapering the legs of the Rudy trouser is really easy. You can absolutely get those to fit like a Walt. I have customers who do that all of the time. I also have Rudy customers buy Walts and let out the legs. If you have a decent tailor that it's really easy to do.

And I'd recommend getting the same waist size and doing the legs. A lot of Walt guys actually don't mind the fuller cut of the Rudy and leave the legs as is.

9. Alphataru

Alphataru Senior member

Thanks Mike, order placed :D

10. nativebelle

nativebelle Well-Known Member

Hey Mike,

I put a gouge in my Epaulet x Thorogood boots (see below) and I'm really upset. I'm taking them to a shoe repair place tomorrow, but I'm not very confident - the solutions seem to be dubious repair kits and pastes and I don't feel very comfortable about them being a permanent solution. Is there any kind of replacement of the toe leather that you or Thorogood can do to fix this (or anyone else for that matter - maybe Horween)? I know White's can replace toe leather because the boots are rebuildable, and these seem to be the same way.

I love these shoes! Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012

11. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

gouge looks good, just roll with it man!

12. Banana Cognac

Banana Cognac Senior member

13. DahveedNG

DahveedNG Active Member

I'm in the same boat - I have one pair of rivets and I love the material (golden khaki) and cut, but they're just a little too short to be perfect for me. Whenever I look back and see the 35.5" listed inseam I wonder if my pair just happened to be a bit shorter, but it sounds like other tall guys have the same problem. At least there's a whole wide world of Walts to be had.

14. David Zaritsky

David Zaritsky Senior member

Will be in NYC tomorrow and will be stopping by the shop...looking forward to it and trying on some rivets personally...!

15. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

I completely agree. Work boots look great when they look beat-up and worked in.