• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Hope that you had a great weekend! Couple things from our side:

1) Our big Portugal delivery is scheduled for tomorrow. We're talking Saffiano & Stingray Trainers, Saffiano Bags, Portugal EFF shirts, and the huge-ass Teba & Vittorio & Walt Porto & Taylor delivery. We're gonna go through each category one at a time, but figure we'll work to get everything sorted and shipped this week. We'll try our best! We'll most likely do sneakers and bags first as they're the most straightforward to ship & pack. Still got a lot of Doyle shipments to catch up on.. we nearly sold through that first batch completely.

2) Rivets got restocked in a huge way. Tomorrow I'm going to shoot the new Atlantic Blue Twill & British Khaki Cramerton variants. Should be a big thing in Tuesday's NL about them.

3) I hear you guys about the B&S issues. Honestly, I'd love to help you guys present and sell your used Epaulet stuff. The fact that our customers feel a sense of community is really crucial to our growth and survival, and being able to sell & trade stuff is integral to that.

Lemme ask you...
Do you guys use reddit? We take a ton of traffic from there, and there's a big (maybe larger) community of our customers on MFA, Goodyear Welt, and Frugal Menswear. I made an Epaulet subreddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/epaulet/

I'm thinking that this may be a good place to list a bunch of links to B&S on Styleforum. You don't have to duplicate your posting, you just make a new post with the title and link directly to the Styleforum URL. As long as guys are conscious to edit their reddit postings when things sell, I'd by happy to link this to a dedicated section of our website, and put a weekly link into our newsletter. Maybe even feature a few second hand items once a week.

Had to put a few threads into the collar of my favorite shirt

@kickstand yo this is amazing! Beautiful degree of wear on that!

Haha very true! I am getting married so I have spent a lot less on clothes and such to prepare for that haha

@justinkapur that's awesome.. congrats!

I remember having a wedding and thinking "good lord, this is expensive"

And then I had a kid.................................:eek::eek::eek:

While a great shirt no doubt, my favorite part of that pic is the label.

It's old school union. Like the one in the camel overcoat that my dad bought from Beau Brummel in Queens in the early 60's.

Superb.

@metranger8694 good eye! Yeah I designed that around the old school clothing union logo. The side serial numbers were actually our BK store phone number.

@Epaulet

any news on the restock of the tobacco summer rivets? Adele mentioned 4-5 weeks back in May, just curious..

thanks!

@kwhitelaw should be here within about a week!

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
british khaki cramerton?! PERFECT!

can't wait for my teba & walt!

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had to put a few threads into the collar of my favorite shirt

View attachment 810184

It looks like a good opportunity for you to learn how to turn a collar!

Hey guys...

3) I hear you guys about the B&S issues. Honestly, I'd love to help you guys present and sell your used Epaulet stuff. The fact that our customers feel a sense of community is really crucial to our growth and survival, and being able to sell & trade stuff is integral to that.

Lemme ask you...
Do you guys use reddit? We take a ton of traffic from there, and there's a big (maybe larger) community of our customers on MFA, Goodyear Welt, and Frugal Menswear. I made an Epaulet subreddit.

Reddit makes me feel old. It's something new and I don't get it!

latest

espen

Reaction score
Doubtful, but were there any open orders placed for the leather bags? Specifically thinking the weekender...

slows2k

Reaction score
Lemme ask you...

I'm thinking that this may be a good place to list a bunch of links to B&S on Styleforum. You don't have to duplicate your posting, you just make a new post with the title and link directly to the Styleforum URL. As long as guys are conscious to edit their reddit postings when things sell, I'd by happy to link this to a dedicated section of our website, and put a weekly link into our newsletter. Maybe even feature a few second hand items once a week.

I like this idea a lot. Centralizing a place to buy and sell/trade Epaulet stuff would be great, since the new SF is making it more difficult. I would recommend keeping the official discussion here, since decentralizing that aspect of the community may make it more difficult to keep everything on the same page, but the idea of making it a buy/sell portal is great I think. Bookmarked the sub reddit!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
british khaki cramerton?! PERFECT!

can't wait for my teba & walt!

@trig yeah the color is absolutely perfect! Going live tomorrow.

are the suede sneakers also in this delivery perhaps?

@MrOriginal not this one, but they're finishing up in Portugal as we speak

Will we be able to MTO the Sandows in British khaki cramerton down the road?

@chrispy650 absolutely.. we'll definitely have that as an option

Doubtful, but were there any open orders placed for the leather bags? Specifically thinking the weekender...

@espen we didn't order any extra but (1) we may have someone who doesn't pay the balance and forfeits their bag or (2) I have a sample in chocolate brown that I can sell. It's been shipped around the country a half dozen times, but is otherwise unused.

Any updates on the EZ pants?

@K. Nights got them here and we're shipping out the remainder this week. About 40 were sent on Friday.

I like this idea a lot. Centralizing a place to buy and sell/trade Epaulet stuff would be great, since the new SF is making it more difficult. I would recommend keeping the official discussion here, since decentralizing that aspect of the community may make it more difficult to keep everything on the same page, but the idea of making it a buy/sell portal is great I think. Bookmarked the sub reddit!

@slows2k awesome, lemme get this going next week.

Since I cannot do direct sales postings or product announcements on reddit boards, this will the the place where I post up new items. That way reddit users who don't browse SF and don't subscribe to our NL can also see the new stuff that we're making.

The official SF discussion would absolutely stay here. But this Reddit board could serve as a central location for all customers to browse second-hand Epaulet things. You'd need a reddit account to post an item, but you don't need one to see the postings. And the links would take you right back to SF where you can check out and purchase the item.

The other upside is that we take a lot of traffic from reddit frugalmenswear, and those guys are interested in second hand stuff, so you'd have a whole different set of eyes on the listing. It's ultimately great for us because it supports the community and can serve as a way to get new customers into our clothing. It's very rare for a person to buy just one Epaulet garment, so we get 'em hooked!

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been getting sucked into reddit more and more (/r/instant_regret fills me with so much schadenfreude that my scalp tingles), but never for menswear stuff.

An EP sub might just change that! And convince me to actually register for the site...

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any updates on the EZ pants?

@K. Nights got them here and we're shipping out the remainder this week. About 40 were sent on Friday.

I got the shipping notice for my walnut Doyle just about an hour ago but no shipping notice yet for my EX pants. Feel free to pull that box with my Doyle out from the pile of mail and stuff those pants in there. lol :p

AloysiusSF

Reaction score
Hey Mike - memory failing me.... is the "Dragoni Cotton" project (believe it was cotton sportscoat/trousers) shipping soon as well? Or is that on a different timetable?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DanieSmerth