• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I'm probably in the minority here but I would have preferred the taper below the knee to remain the same. I've kind of gotten away from the small hem opening look. It's because the RCs fit me so perfectly now!
Haha, well no worries - we've got plenty of standard Rivet Chinos coming as well. The GD shape won't be for everyone, but it's meant to be an interesting alternative that most Rivet Chino guys can buy and wear in the same size, provided it's their style.
This is probably a stupid question, but any chance we'll see more of the pindot chambray fabric from a couple years ago? My chambray shrank way more than I expected when I first washed it so I eventually had to sell it. It was an awesome shirt though.
+1 Love the bluecast chambray offerings from a couple seasons ago. Would be great to see some new variations--though the EPLA speckle chambray sounds great, too.
EPLA speckle chambray is going to be freaking awesome - we're only about 2 weeks out on that. $95 price on that as well. And all of the EPLA woven shirts will be pre-washed. We actually take a small bolt of fabric, wash-test that, then then adjust the pattern up in a CAD machine to accommodate the planned shrinkage. Our standard EPNY fabrics are very shrinkage resistant, but anything that seems iffy - especially Japanese chambrays - will all be run in the LA shape with this washing already done.
Well [COLOR=222222]Kelly Green Gingham didn't make it in time for St. Pats so plan b it is. Oh well, next year I'll be ready![/COLOR]
Ah my apologies, but a little birdie told me that most of the Gitman factory finds are landing next week. Stay tuned!
...and it also appears I got the very last one in a 42. Sweet!
Thank you sir and enjoy the parka!
navy hopsack blazer​
luchino polo​
olive guncheck walts​
Sharp one! Very Milano!
I've been thinking for a while now that, with the numerous products and fits you've added, it would be good if there were a single page on your website where you break it all down. One really needs to do a lot of sleuthing, or asking on SF, to know what the differences are between all of your product lines.
^ Sounds reasonable. Also, not sure if it's possible, but I would really love it if we could periodically get a schedule of what's coming down and when. That's a selfish request - I do have some FF shirts and a Carmina boot preorder due to arrive soon. But also I'd use that data to pick a date for my possible visit to the store; and I think for a lot of guys it would be beneficial for planning out future purchases as well.
I like how you guys think :). Starting April 1st, we have a press guy who will help with our communication and the site is undergoing a big cosmetic redesign. A part of this will be a much more interactive "About" section that also has individual product microsites to talk about the Rivet Chino, the Walt, the Wilshire, etc. Integrating a "coming soon" list of products can also be a part of that. One of the best things about this Styleforum community is how most of you guys are very in the know about what we do. I absolutely agree that it can be daunting and confusing to new customers. We're going to angle the website to be more informative for them and to bring some the the feeling here onto our site.
Did the random drawing ever take place for the Fall Contest?
Ahhh, that's my bad. Let's hook that up this week - thanks for the reminder! Good thing I know how to cut a pair of pants because I'd probably forget my head if it wasn't attached.
I can't remember what the fabric was called, but the speckled rivets from last fall:
Love these, but I really hope it's too warm to wear them soon.
Very cool. I dig those boots too - are they Trickers?
Holiday Plaid Walts, Carmina Top O the evenin' to ya!
Bringing the pain! Love it!
I used to love BM before I went GF...
What's the opposite of a gluten free diet? Gluten full? That's the one that I'm currently on. I definitely had pizza and beer for dinner.
Maybe an odd question: I really like the Doyle, but it wears slightly too casual for my purposes -- I wish its lines were a little bit straighter/harder, if that makes sense. What if I had it dry cleaned and starched? Is that a terrible idea?
You have an idea for your sizing? It would make it final sale as it's the only piece that wasn't washed, but I could conceivably pull one for you after the next production batch. Without the wash it's pretty starchy - just like our duck canvas chinos. I'd definitely recommend that over trying to work with the washed piece, it's designed to be soft and broken down.
Mike-- As you are building out the MTO trouser program, would it be difficult to add shorts as an option? I would love to have some duck canvas/sanded canvas/rip stop fabric shorts for the spring/summer. A customizable inseam on them would be awesome as well.
Hmm yes and no. I could build out the shorts, but we'd have to choose a single inseam for them. The reason is that the leg needs to be bigger as the inseam goes up. This isn't an issue on trousers where your inseam is down at your ankles. But as along as everyone was comfortable with our normal 9" inseam, then it's no problem to offer the Walt Short.
Great look NYR Question - it's doable to wear this blazer with dark denim, right? For a denim / gingham / blazer look... http://epauletnewyork.com/collectio...-x-luigi-bianchi-montova-navy-pique-sportcoat I need a good spring/summer blazer... I like how this could be worn with denim, chinos and trousers.
Definitely - this is a great jacket for denim and chinos. The Loro Piana fabric is just as versatile and wearable as the Italian hopsack that we use with Southwick, it's just a few notches up in threadcount, hand, and quality. This jacket will absolutely blow you away. We're selling it in the shop extremely well. Luigi Bianchi has a confusing network of sub-brands, but this is their highest-end product and is IMO easily the best totally unconstructed sportcoat on the market for anywhere near this price. The craftsmanship is superb and it wears beautifully.

ArsenalDan

Reaction score

You have an idea for your sizing? It would make it final sale as it's the only piece that wasn't washed, but I could conceivably pull one for you after the next production batch. Without the wash it's pretty starchy - just like our duck canvas chinos. I'd definitely recommend that over trying to work with the washed piece, it's designed to be soft and broken down.

I have a medium that fits me quite well (ordered about a week ago from you guys), though I was planning to stop in at the Smith St store to see if I liked how the large fit. (they have at least one large there I hope?) Medium fits well but slightly tight in the chest and back. I assume it will stretch enough but wanted to see in any case.

Overall, though, yah I think I'd be very interested in what you propose. I wear a navy wool CPO jacket VERY frequently in the fall/winter, and this seems like it'd be a great spring/summer replacement.

Last edited:

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

not a great picture, but an attempt at the doyle and grey jeans with a black knit tie.

what color are those shoes? I'm trying to tell b/c I'm not sure that black tie + blue jacket + gray jeans + color 8 boots (looks like they are) makes sense. black, blue, and oxblood/cordovan all together is hard to balance. brown boots (if they're that) definitely don't balance well, but black boots might. However, I'd do this with a light brown/tan boot.

Maybe an odd question:

I really like the Doyle, but it wears slightly too casual for my purposes -- I wish its lines were a little bit straighter/harder, if that makes sense. What if I had it dry cleaned and starched? Is that a terrible idea?

i mean, it sounds like you want a standard sportcoat.

SushiOfTheGods

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I would definitely be interested in this as well though my package needs to arrive to check my size.

chrispy650

Reaction score
Mike, I think you already mentioned this already but forgot and couldn't find it. When will the short sleeve henleys be coming out?

kwanon

Reaction score
I like how you guys think
smile.gif

Starting April 1st, we have a press guy who will help with our communication and the site is undergoing a big cosmetic redesign. A part of this will be a much more interactive "About" section that also has individual product microsites to talk about the Rivet Chino, the Walt, the Wilshire, etc. Integrating a "coming soon" list of products can also be a part of that.

One of the best things about this Styleforum community is how most of you guys are very in the know about what we do. I absolutely agree that it can be daunting and confusing to new customers. We're going to angle the website to be more informative for them and to bring some the the feeling here onto our site.
Awesome. PLEASE keep the feature where you can see the available item sizes on mouseover from the grid view. It's the single best feature on your entire website and one that I sorely miss whenever I'm shopping anywhere else. Even better would be the ability to filter by size range.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks great, Don!

Question on Doyle fit. Do you think you would have room for a sweater underneath? A button down is as much as I can get or it would be too snug. Trying to decide how to size it...

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks great, Don!

Question on Doyle fit. Do you think you would have room for a sweater underneath? A button down is as much as I can get or it would be too snug. Trying to decide how to size it...
A thin V-neck maybe but it is pretty snug. To me, this isn't the type of piece I would wear a sweater under though. It is a sweater alternative.
If you did want to layer under it I would recommend you size up. I am an XL (42R)

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

A thin V-neck maybe but it is pretty snug.  To me, this isn't the type of piece I would wear a sweater under though.  It is a sweater alternative.
If you did want to layer under it I would recommend you size up.  I am an XL (42R)

Thanks. That makes total sense. I see it the same way but curious how others are thinking about it.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
^I too consider the Doyle a sweater alternative. I've been rotating it with a couple of moleskin overshirts (from Epaulet & TS(S)) since I received it. I will probably wear it as a light outerwear once the weather starts to warm up.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads