1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. onehotchili

onehotchili Senior Member

2. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Haha, well no worries - we've got plenty of standard Rivet Chinos coming as well. The GD shape won't be for everyone, but it's meant to be an interesting alternative that most Rivet Chino guys can buy and wear in the same size, provided it's their style.
    EPLA speckle chambray is going to be freaking awesome - we're only about 2 weeks out on that. $95 price on that as well. And all of the EPLA woven shirts will be pre-washed. We actually take a small bolt of fabric, wash-test that, then then adjust the pattern up in a CAD machine to accommodate the planned shrinkage. Our standard EPNY fabrics are very shrinkage resistant, but anything that seems iffy - especially Japanese chambrays - will all be run in the LA shape with this washing already done.
    Ah my apologies, but a little birdie told me that most of the Gitman factory finds are landing next week. Stay tuned!
    Thank you sir and enjoy the parka!
    I like how you guys think :). Starting April 1st, we have a press guy who will help with our communication and the site is undergoing a big cosmetic redesign. A part of this will be a much more interactive "About" section that also has individual product microsites to talk about the Rivet Chino, the Walt, the Wilshire, etc. Integrating a "coming soon" list of products can also be a part of that. One of the best things about this Styleforum community is how most of you guys are very in the know about what we do. I absolutely agree that it can be daunting and confusing to new customers. We're going to angle the website to be more informative for them and to bring some the the feeling here onto our site.
    Ahhh, that's my bad. Let's hook that up this week - thanks for the reminder! Good thing I know how to cut a pair of pants because I'd probably forget my head if it wasn't attached.
    Very cool. I dig those boots too - are they Trickers?
    Bringing the pain! Love it!
    What's the opposite of a gluten free diet? Gluten full? That's the one that I'm currently on. I definitely had pizza and beer for dinner.
    You have an idea for your sizing? It would make it final sale as it's the only piece that wasn't washed, but I could conceivably pull one for you after the next production batch. Without the wash it's pretty starchy - just like our duck canvas chinos. I'd definitely recommend that over trying to work with the washed piece, it's designed to be soft and broken down.
    Hmm yes and no. I could build out the shorts, but we'd have to choose a single inseam for them. The reason is that the leg needs to be bigger as the inseam goes up. This isn't an issue on trousers where your inseam is down at your ankles. But as along as everyone was comfortable with our normal 9" inseam, then it's no problem to offer the Walt Short.
    Definitely - this is a great jacket for denim and chinos. The Loro Piana fabric is just as versatile and wearable as the Italian hopsack that we use with Southwick, it's just a few notches up in threadcount, hand, and quality. This jacket will absolutely blow you away. We're selling it in the shop extremely well. Luigi Bianchi has a confusing network of sub-brands, but this is their highest-end product and is IMO easily the best totally unconstructed sportcoat on the market for anywhere near this price. The craftsmanship is superb and it wears beautifully.

3. ArsenalDan

ArsenalDan Senior Member

I have a medium that fits me quite well (ordered about a week ago from you guys), though I was planning to stop in at the Smith St store to see if I liked how the large fit. (they have at least one large there I hope?) Medium fits well but slightly tight in the chest and back. I assume it will stretch enough but wanted to see in any case.

Overall, though, yah I think I'd be very interested in what you propose. I wear a navy wool CPO jacket VERY frequently in the fall/winter, and this seems like it'd be a great spring/summer replacement.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014

4. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Distinguished Member

what color are those shoes? I'm trying to tell b/c I'm not sure that black tie + blue jacket + gray jeans + color 8 boots (looks like they are) makes sense. black, blue, and oxblood/cordovan all together is hard to balance. brown boots (if they're that) definitely don't balance well, but black boots might. However, I'd do this with a light brown/tan boot.

i mean, it sounds like you want a standard sportcoat.

5. SushiOfTheGods

SushiOfTheGods Senior Member

I would definitely be interested in this as well though my package needs to arrive to check my size.

6. chrispy650

chrispy650 Senior Member

Mike, I think you already mentioned this already but forgot and couldn't find it. When will the short sleeve henleys be coming out?

7. kwanon

kwanon Senior Member

Awesome. PLEASE keep the feature where you can see the available item sizes on mouseover from the grid view. It's the single best feature on your entire website and one that I sorely miss whenever I'm shopping anywhere else. Even better would be the ability to filter by size range.

8. pwnstar

pwnstar Active Member

The wife and I escaped the cold last weekend and hit the bahamas; rocking the linen walts:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. neutrino

neutrino Senior Member

Yes! If no one else, I would be personally willing to do this, as a developer [​IMG]

10. tricky

tricky Distinguished Member

I don't wear black footwear but these scotch grain EP Carmina's are bananas...

[​IMG]

11. Don L

Don L Distinguished Member

Navy Doyle - Finally a sunny day
    [​IMG]

12. rydenfan

rydenfan Distinguished Member

Looks great, Don!

Question on Doyle fit. Do you think you would have room for a sweater underneath? A button down is as much as I can get or it would be too snug. Trying to decide how to size it...

13. Don L

Don L Distinguished Member

A thin V-neck maybe but it is pretty snug. To me, this isn't the type of piece I would wear a sweater under though. It is a sweater alternative.
    If you did want to layer under it I would recommend you size up. I am an XL (42R)

14. rydenfan

rydenfan Distinguished Member

Thanks. That makes total sense. I see it the same way but curious how others are thinking about it.

15. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior Member

^I too consider the Doyle a sweater alternative. I've been rotating it with a couple of moleskin overshirts (from Epaulet & TS(S)) since I received it. I will probably wear it as a light outerwear once the weather starts to warm up.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014