Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

The washed Duck Doyle is definitely meant to be worn in lieu of a sweater. We always style it over a woven shirt or a light knit. That's really its strength - especially as we go into Spring/Summer. With something light (like our upcoming s/s knit henleys) the Doyle will be a brilliant way to have a polished & layered look on a psychotically hot day. A big part of the "EPLA" design philosophy is to create clothing that works in warmer, more casual climates but still gives a clean and presentable look.

Oh absolutely, we'll never lose that.

I'm looking into the filter by size option, as I'd absolutely love to have that built in. It may or may not be a feature that can be integrated with Shopify at this time though. If not now, then most likely down the road, as Shopify rolls up improvements and extensions every few months.

Should be soon - I know that they started dyeing them a few days ago. Same goes for the Hoodie & Crewneck

Sure, give it a try. One thing to be conscious of is that organic duck tends to soften pretty quickly with just a few washes. That's why we used it - we wanted to have a soft, comfortable piece that mimics the feel and drape of cotton/linen. If you want this current Doyle to be starchy and straight, then you'd have to commit to dry cleaning it only as well. In that case, grabbing a pre-wash Medium should work as it's nearly 5% bigger than the post-wash item.

2. applky

applky Senior member

@ArsenalDan I have to agree with this. You'll be happy with an unwashed Doyle (Mike is being a real gent, as always), but it sounds like what you want is an LBM or Luigi Bianchi SC.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014

3. BrandonJG

BrandonJG Well-Known Member

I'm curious if it's possible to modify the rise of either/both the Rivet Chino and Walt Trouser through MTO? I'm guessing not as that would be modifying the pattern? I doubt there would be enough demand for a high rise version of either, sadly...

4. ArsenalDan

ArsenalDan Senior member

Nope :) Different purposes for me.

5. Shanil

Shanil Active Member

A question for my fellow Canadian Epaulet consumers: Ever have trouble with customs/duty fees? I expect that since many of Epaulet products and their providers (Alden) follow 'made in the USA' principles that we are not affected on many items?

EDIT: I generally make my purchases whenever I visit, but it would be nice to have stuff shipped to my doorstep hassle free

6. Epaulet

No, unfortunately the rise is always going to be fixed. That's a very integral part of the pattern.

A lot of guys ask this. So, it's true that NAFTA allows for duty-free commerce between Canada and the United States, but that applies to commercial shipments, not necessarily individual orders.

We ship to Canada with USPS, so you won't face the additional brokerage fee that a private carrier like UPS or FedEx will charge. But you will have to pay a form of sales tax on the incoming parcel, and this charge is irrespective of the item's country of origin. Americans who receive items from Canadian shops can also be charged the equivalent of a sales tax on it. I can't tell you the exact rate, but I believe that it's pretty reasonable. We don't hear much in the way of complaints about it.

There are some strategies to minimize these charges, and I imagine that some of our more regular Canadian customers are aware of them. I'd just ask that you guys please discuss this over PM as it's better to keep this off of a public forum.

7. zinc2162

zinc2162 Senior member

I have had to pay sales tax but no customs/duty. The tax rate is depended on the province you live in. But as Mike has mentioned, I have never needed to pay brokerage fee. PM me if you want more details.

8. Shanil

Shanil Active Member

Mike, thanks for the prompt and comprehensive reply. I'm glad you use USPS, additional brokerage fees are frustrating and this was my real main concern. As you suggested, I'll make any additional inquiries via PM.

9. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

The rise of the Walts is pretty decently high in the existing pattern, but then I am sure there are higher rise trousers out there. Have you given a pair a try? They'll let you return them.

10. BrandonJG

BrandonJG Well-Known Member

The Walts 12 inch is good, but I wish the Rivets were the same. I definitely prefer a 12-14 inch rise. It's so incredibly hard to find higher rise chinos, let alone trousers that aren't either $600 bespoke or complete bags in the legs.

11. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Looking good! Used to make trips to the Abacos several times a year when in college at UF. On one hand I was very much a starving student towards the end of my academic career but on the other, my Dad would leave his boat at Marsh Harbour for summers and I would fly over with different girls I dated for weekends tooling around the islands. Man those were awesome times.

12. Epaulet

Give the Walt a shot - I think that you'll dig it. And if you'd like a slimmer leg on it, then having a tailor do that taper to your liking is pretty easy and generally not that expensive.

13. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I agree. I'm 5'10" and love the rise on the Walt. Anything higher will be above my belly button. I have had the legs tapered on a few pairs too. Not that hard of a task for a tailor to do.

14. nathanl

nathanl Senior member

This. I've had every pair tailored through the leg and it's great - kinda nice to dial in the exact leg that works for you. Wearing a slimmed Walt chino (khaki regiment twill) today in fact - shape works better on me than the Rivet.

15. oisin

oisin Senior member

Dark brown scotch grain boots. I thought it worked fine though it's not a lot of contrast. I like the brown boots with grey jeans quite well actually, and I didn't feel like the black knit threw that off. But I'll keep it in mind.