• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

malwear

Reaction score
Got my jeans this morning. They are fantastic. I had just ordered and tried on pairs of APC, Nudie, N+F, and J Brand just to compare, and the Epaulet's won hand down.

For sizing sake, I normally wear a 32 rivet, which fits perfectly as a chino except for a slightly large waist. The Wilshire fits tighter on the thigh but by no means skinny jeans tight. Also, the waist measurement is larger on the Wilshire, but that doesn't seem to translate to a larger waist in practice. I think because of the slightly lower rise the waist seems identical if not slightly tighter than the rivets.

Long story short, order your rivet size and you should get a very good jeans fit. I'm very happy.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which jacket(s) would look best with the steel mist tweed walts?

tigerpac

Reaction score
Those jeans are looking good guys! Once I run through the overstock of denim already in rotation, I'm going with EP for my next pair

2kgt

Reaction score
Are there any plans to do another run of wool chinos?

Apologies if that's already been asked.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

@FrankCowperwood - great pickup on that denim. Looks great on you; enjoy!

@NewYorkIslander and @StanleyVanBuren, killing it with those Christmas getups.

Merry Christmas everyone! My EPChristmas yesterday evening, out for some last-minute shopping.

Thanks El A. Definitely enjoying them. And the western shirt too. Will post a photo of that in the near future.

Noting some dye transfer form the Wilshire jeans, even after the one wash (to be expected, I assume). So there should be some fades on these with wear, for those out there looking for that. In case anyone is wondering.

And @wj4, you asked how I knew it was time to resole the Alden Cape Cod shoes I have: They aren't leather soled, but instead have a Vibram out sole. So that had worn down conspicuously. They are a handsewn style, and some of the stitching needed help too. They had gotten pretty much continuous daily wear for a couple of years. Now I have way too many shoes, and nothing really gets worn that much. :)

Last edited:

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I blame all of you posting rave reviews of the EPLA Wilshire jeans for me buckling and ordering a pair. Not that I really need any more "almost" raw denim, but at $150 for a quality pair, how can you not take the plunge?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike or Matt - a question about the new Navy Concord boot. I have a natural CXL Indy and EP's natCXL LWB - both of which have "goldened" with age and care from their original pale grey/tan color. This navy captoe has really piqued my interest, but I am totally new to NavyCXL. How could we expect this leather to age? For example, will it go more black or go towards a royal blue?

Or is this color so new to Alden that it's really impossible to say?

tigerpac

Reaction score
Mike or Matt - a question about the new Navy Concord boot. I have a natural CXL Indy and EP's natCXL LWB - both of which have "goldened" with age and care from their original pale grey/tan color. This navy captoe has really piqued my interest, but I am totally new to NavyCXL. How could we expect this leather to age? For example, will it go more black or go towards a royal blue?

Or is this color so new to Alden that it's really impossible to say?

If I know my CXL... It'll darken... then it'll darken some more. Great color though I'd say take a shot!

velomane

Reaction score
New whack of stuff in the sale section. I guess my birthday comes early this year: ordered the Vass Austerity brogues. For Mike and company: will these come with lasted shoe trees?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads