• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Louys

Reaction score
Man, I really want to jump on one of the flannels but I've never actually sized myself for an epaulet shirt. Wj4, you say a small fits your 5'10" frame, but how big are you in the chest, and in the waist, and and around the armholes? I'm 5'10" but a slender fellow even by those standards, so I often get screwed in one or more of these categories.

For reference the absolute perfect fit for me is Kamakura's Tokyo Slim 15-33 1/2 (If only they had a wider selection!). A Taylor Stitch 36 fits but its sleeves are a hair short, and the body is also short. Brooksbrothers ESF in small is also ok, but is more generous in the waist than is optimal. Do you think I should jump for a small or wait for the MTO program to start back up?

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Man, I really want to jump on one of the flannels but I've never actually sized myself for an epaulet shirt. Wj4, you say a small fits your 5'10" frame, but how big are you in the chest, and in the waist, and and around the armholes? I'm 5'10" but a slender fellow even by those standards, so I often get screwed in one or more of these categories.   

For reference the absolute perfect fit for me is Kamakura's Tokyo Slim 15-33 1/2 (If only they had a wider selection!). A Taylor Stitch 36 fits but its sleeves are a hair short, and the body is also short. Brooksbrothers ESF in small is also ok, but is more generous in the waist than is optimal. Do you think I should jump for a small or wait for the MTO program to start back up? 

I'm 160 lbs. 37" chest. True waist around my belly is 32". Not sure about other specs.

Randomore

Reaction score
Wish epaulet shirts fit me....

6'1 180 and i would need a XL for the chest but the sleeves and neck are huge so it looks weird on me.

I'll stick to walts and rivets for now.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Howlin' Scarf hiding the Denim Point Collar Workshirt

Jacket is bespoke and from fabric that was sponged in 1927...so possibly even older than that!

Last edited:

Louys

Reaction score
I'm 160 lbs. 37" chest. True waist around my belly is 32". Not sure about other specs.
Yeah, as I feared you're a bit bigger than I am on each measurement. I'd probably be better buying a small I can return to size myself. Thanks.

neutrino

Reaction score
Oh man, I've had enough of this. Here's hoping that the Napoli fits per Matt's advice.

You've just purchased this
Rivet_Chino_Caramel_Fit_thumb.jpg
1x Rivet Chino Duck Canvas Caramel - 31

EPLA_Wilshire_Jean_Main_thumb.jpg
1x EPLA Wilshire Jean 14 oz Kaihara Denim - 31

EPLA_Engineer_Shirt_Collar_thumb.jpg
1x EPLA Engineer Shirt Heavyweight Indigo Denim - MEDIUM

Shirt_Buffalo_Collar_thumb.jpg
1x Point Collar Grey Buffalo Check Flannel Work Shirt - MEDIUM
Napoli_Caramel_Main_thumb.jpg
1x Napoli Unstructured Sportcoat Caramel Duck Canvas - 38

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ that's quite a haul. You definitely need to wear the caramel rivets and duck canvas jacket as a full suit and post pics here

Our own duck dynasty.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find the caramel Napoli and caramel duck rivets work much better as separates :)

But both are awesome pieces!

^ that's quite a haul. You definitely need to wear the caramel rivets and duck canvas jacket as a full suit and post pics here

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Our own duck dynasty.

“Start with shopping at Banana Republic and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman, buying corrected grain leather shoes. They won't inherit the kingdom of God."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads