• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

koor

Reaction score
Ordered a bunch of stuff right after the sale link went up (basically anything that fit)...then for kicks I revisit the site and NEW stuff got added...argggh now I'm agonizing over what I might have missed out on.

Beav

Reaction score
yeah, jeez I was bummed there wasn't anything that I HAD to buy the first look around. Then I came back and even though I don't really have the funds, I had to snag a couple shirts I've been eyeing for a while. Now I'm going to be revisiting the site every 30 minutes for the next while to jump on any new additions.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Wow, just snagged a shirt, a pair of trousers and that Loro Piana jacket in 36. One observation: no option for in-store pickup. Anyone else notice this?
Mike, PM sent.

Oh yes, just added that - should be available now. Thanks for the heads-up!

Kopped. Damn didn't buy any shoes this month but with these Epaulet purchases and SNS, way over my head need to get back to trading some derivatives :embar:
And yeah LA was crazy cold, left my apartment in just a shirt to go down Hollywood for a bit and pretty much froze to death
How does one clean camelhair? And also for the blackwatch trousers they pair with most base / neutral colors right?

Camelhair can be dry-cleaned at a normal place, it's not much different than wool in that way. This is the real deal Loro Piana baby camel, and you won't believe how soft it is!

It's going to look ace as hell with the blackwatch. I find that it matches well with navy, deep red, purple, and charcoal. A customer bought the Camel jacket and a pair of Barn Red Bedford cords and it was a fantastic combo.

Thanks Mike! I just bought two pairs of canvas Walts - butterscotch and olive. These will be my first clothing purchase from Epaulet and I'm really looking forward to getting them!

It's spring here in Australia and these would be perfect.

Thank you sir! Two of my favorite fabrics, and they're both excellent for warmer weather.

Question about the sizing on the Marcello jackets. The L shirts fit me really well, but I've never tried on a Weller or Kaine sportscoat. For point of reference a 41 in the Fitzgerlad fit from Brooks Brothers is pretty good on me off the rack. I'm really tempted by the nailhead, but I'm worried it's going to be too snug w/ the Neopolitan fit.

Also, what is the width on the ties?

Width on the ties is 2.75"

If you take a 41 Fitzgerald, I'd be pretty sure that the 42 Marcello is going to be too small. It's a true skinny fit garment, and you'd most likely need a 43-44 equivalent. The Fitzgerald runs a bit fuller than our in-house cut with Southwick.

I can't seem to find shirt measurements on the new site layout -- are they missing or am I just going blind?

Oh yes, sorry, you'll have to reference measurements on epauletshop.com for the moment.

We're building out a new template for measurements which will allow it to pop up in a nice and clean application within the item detail. We probably won't be able to roll that out for another week or two.

Viewing the new site on an iPhone is pretty slick. Didn't try to buy anything. Order already submitted, but points for mobile friendy, and fair warning boys. That'll cost us, I think.

Thank you! Luckily our basic design template came with a mobile-ready layout, so this is our first foray into that arena.

would you be able to make a Wakefield Topcoat with a hidden placket? i would buy the **** out of that.

Not at the moment, but we've got a few new overcoat designs planned for next Fall.

What's the width of the ties?
Edit: Just snagged the brown houndstooth sport coat in my size, which hadn't been in stock for a long time. And with that I completed the full 3-piece!
Further edit: For the Mackintoshes, if I wanted to wear one over a suit, should I size up or go with my normal jacket size?

Awesome! The three piece brown houndstooth suit looks boss as hell.

And for the Mack, definitely size up to layer a jacket underneath it.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hey guys!

Just wanted to thank everyone for making the soft launch of today's website such a success. We'll jump right on getting your orders packed and shipped pronto! Thank you for taking the time to run through the site, and thanks to everyone who PM'd me their feedback. It's been a really exciting day for all of us, and we're looking forward to rolling out this new site shortly. We'll work like hell to make the best one out there!

Cheers,
Mike

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, to ask again, but what's the width of the ties?

The new site looks great, by the way. The old one was fine, but this is a much better experience. Thanks for the improvement and the great sale!

dgonsh

Reaction score
Thanks for the new site and the discounts! It's tough being such a fan on a tight budget so any opportunity is a nice one. I picked up the flannel cargos. considering the cramerton walt's too. My wallets telling me to hold tight on just one pair of pants right now.

Hypothetically, if one were to have the cargo pocket removed, would it be the normal flannel walt's underneath? Or would there be a busted garment as a result. Not saying Im doing that, but it crossed my mind...
peepwall[1].gif

can't wait to see what else pops up on the site as the days go by. I see new stuff already up since my purchase around 4pm.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^Flannel cargos look pretty nice. Thought briefly about that myself, but didn't want to take a sizing plunge even at these prices.

dgonsh

Reaction score
^Flannel cargos look pretty nice. Thought briefly about that myself, but didn't want to take a sizing plunge even at these prices.
I know the 34 rudy's and rivets fit me well. this will be my first walt and is the only reason i didnt get the crametons too. the flannel for $75 was too hard to pass up with the winter coming.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A $75 pair of pants you won't wear is just $75 out of your bank account. Even if they are Epaulets.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads