1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Having some serious storage capacity issues myself. Even been driven to the extreme of visiting the Container Store Web site.
    :)

2. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Nothing wrong with that. Their hangers aren't all that bad. I'm going to go with them over THP from now on. Ignoring the hype.

And yes, I have THP hangers.

3. mothball

mothball Senior member

One of my clients just married a woman who organizes closets for a living. I'm thinking about having her do ours, but I'm not sure if I want anyone I know professionally to find out just how many shoes I own.

4. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Wow. Can't wait to see what kinds of Rivet options get rolled out. I'm still waiting for the restock on the fabric for Moss and Desert Duck canvas, so those will be my first 2 special orders once the fabric is available.

5. slimandnone

slimandnone Active Member

I have a pair of these and I am really loving them. I find that they actually get more comfortable as the day goes on.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. ArsenalDan

ArsenalDan Senior member

I think summertime quiet also has something to do with lots of its night-time denizens spending lots of summertime weekends in the Hamptons etc.

7. Beatlegeuse

x-post from Alden thread - Color 8 Brixtons with grey herringbone windowpane Rudys from the very first round of FF. I had to drop some stuff off with my tailor today and I was wearing these. She was completely in awe and couldn't stop talking about them....who makes these? where did you get them? were they expensive? do you have to use mink oil to give them that shine? :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
    3 people like this.
  8. TactileOne

TactileOne Senior member

Like the edging on the boots, where are they from? I have a pair in Ravello, and really like them.

9. Beatlegeuse

^ boots are Epaulet...still waiting on the same model in Ravello, the wait is now around 30 months from the original order. Hopefully Alden can get their shit together and fulfill that one!

10. nd1nd2nd3

nd1nd2nd3 Well-Known Member

MTO rivets: to clarify, this means I can order the 5 pocket jean style model in tweed?

11. plato

plato Senior member

Am looking forward to the restock of these. Put in a special order because, if my best guess is right, I take a size a bit smaller than Epaulet usually stocks. Am getting a bit edgy with anticipation.

Read an article here which at one point mentions that prepaying for items and the concomitant waiting and anticipation makes the eventual experience of the goods that much better. Guess I'll get to see soon. Hope what should be my first carmina shoes live up to what I've read here.

12. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Scarlett Walt:
    [​IMG]

13. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

Look forward to that too, will need to special order a size

14. hanoiboy

hanoiboy Senior member

Mto rivet! This is going to be fun.

15. luzer

luzer Senior member

bit on the grey donagel mto jacket
    and a sweater
    ouch

16. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

Hey guys, any chance of some white 7oz chinos in 31s? Super keen on them :(

1 person likes this.
  17. koor

koor Well-Known Member

Before I ordered a pair I thought Walts were going to be super high rise. The measurements listed say 12.5". I have quite a few pairs and finally got around to measuring them (they fit just like any other dress pants so I wasn't "feeling" the high rise phenomenon). I measured many pairs of my Walts and keep getting a rise measurement of 10".

No complaints, I like how they fit, but just wondering if I'm going crazy or something. Measuring the front rise should be pretty straight forward stuff. Am I doing something bone headed?

18. xander_horst

xander_horst Senior member

The differences in rise measurement generally stem from whether you're starting your ruler at the crotch seam (where the 4 panels come together) or at the actual bottom of the crotch that you arrive at when you lay the pant flat.

19. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

Man, that combo is awesome. And the Brixtons are looking GNARLY! We're keeping hope alive for the Ravello [​IMG]

This is bold as hell, but awesome.

Thank you! You'll love the Donegal jacket. I can honestly say it's one of my favorite jackets in my arsenal.

Ah, we don't, unfortunately. I believe we cleared those out a couple of months ago.

If you're looking for something in that family, check out the 8 oz Clay. It's a nice off-white tone and is very wearable year round.

xander_horst is correct. If you lay the pants flat and measure from the top of the waistband to the bottom of the crotch (past the seam where the panels come together), it will be in line with our measurements. That's how we measure them out.

1 person likes this.
  20. TactileOne

TactileOne Senior member

Mike,

I'm curious just got my Navy Sanded Duck and I thought the tag said to dry clean, yet I read this in the description "They'll feel quite rigid at first, but after a few washes and just a bit of wear the fabric will soften up considerably" should I wash them before cuffing, and can the be washed on a regular basis.