• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ekimneems

Reaction score

Wow! We have similar physique. Thanks for the confirmation on the size. I was on the fence about XS or S, without the chance of trying. Now, I'll have more choices to purchase if it's S, with option of return. It's great news to me.

Which silhouette do you prefer - Baker or Bedford?

I'm also a XS in all Eg shirts, pants or shorts. Btw, this season pants fit big on the waist too.

Good to know since I'm always looking to buy used stuff or trade, etc.

I prefer the Baker. It's slim, but not overly so (no over-obvious waist suppression or anything). I also liked the weather poplin a lot better than the cotton ripstop just because I feel like it has more uses (it can be dressed up a little bit more since it has a sheen to it), but it's also just as easily dressed down to super casual.

Good to know about the pants. I think they have ghurka or Cambridge shorts in the same fabric as this Baker jacket and I might want to snag a pair to make a suit

CSCoHammers7

Reaction score

I found the Baker to be TTS with a slim fit, whereas the Bedford is boxier. I am 5'6", 37.5" chest and the Baker in size Small fits me perfectly. I found the Bedford small to fix pretty boxy and the XS to be too small in the chest for me.

I am usually an XS in all EG shirts because they have been fitting more relaxed lately and the length on the small is way too long.

I love both jackets equally and I'm usually happy to buy either model, so it pretty much comes down to which fabrics are assigned to each for me. The Baker definitely has a more tailored look to it though, while the Bedford relaxes a bit more. I'm about 5'7 with a 37ish chest as well, but I can't wear XS small shirts because the sleeves are way too short on me :( This was more so a problem for me with FW13 (couldn't buy any workshirts), but so far this season all of the smalls I've tried on have been just fine.

Oh, and before I forget (again) - We've received our USN Pant for the season! This picture from the showroom Gary posted earlier in the thread doesn't do it justice at all. What a great fabric (we'll get up a decent pic later which I'll edit into this post).

S4F0583 / USN Pant / Heathery Gray Cotton Oxford sz 28-36, $205
6YYq366l.jpg

Contact Gary or myself on here or call us up at the store @ (617) 547-2067 with any questions or to place an order. E-mails work too: [email protected] or [email protected]

Thanks as always, guys!

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a Spring/Summer Bedford in large they would want to trade? I'm willing to offer up my heavy wool camo bedford that is brand new with tags and retailed for $648 - better deal for you!

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm being dense, but what's with the buttons up the neck on the cinch vests this season? I'm curious why they are there haha

One of my favorite eg styling shots so far this season must resist the urge to start kopping navajo jewelry

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that particular western patchwork is awesome, not a western shirt guy unfortunately.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hadn't noticed the cinch vest mod, not a fan of that over the shawl collar
but foulard looks pretty good there

Last edited:

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm really trying very hard not to buy the foulard andover.. pics like this making me waver..
cry.gif

Hi @CSCoHammers7 how does sizing for this USN pant go? I usually take 30.. thanks in adv!

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That foulard andover looks pretty cool, p_royaltea. (nudge:)

CSCoHammers7

Reaction score

i'm really trying very hard not to buy the foulard andover..  pics like this making me waver.. :cry:

Hi @CSCoHammers7
 how does sizing for this USN pant go?  I usually take 30..   thanks in adv!  

I have yet to try the 30s on, but I measured them the other day just to get an idea and got about 15.75" uncinched and 14.5" cinched. Waist aligned. Hope this helps!

edit: Yeah, so I just tried them on and I'm going to make a slight correction and bump that uncinched measurement up a 1/4", as it's closer to that.

Last edited:

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Independence here in Chicago has 10% off all EG this week. Not much but this early in the season any discount should be appreciated. I picked up the olive bedford! I've bought a few things there now and the service is great.

CSCoHammers7

Reaction score
Some better pics of the USNs in heather grey oxford:

ES8cy5pl.jpg

6ETLKnZl.jpg

(The often overlooked hidden pocket shown above)
iUiMGFTl.jpg

wuMK3z0l.jpg

8O1oiWal.jpg

YDFYvYkl.jpg

As usual, please excuse the poor lighting... The first pic I think pretty accurately shows the shade of grey. As you guys can see, these pants will be pretty easy to dress up in this fabric.

Last edited:

Shingles

Reaction score
Hhhhnnnnnggg...

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The foulard Andover shipped from gentry already Ono. Parkerrrrrrrrr tipped me over.

Shingles that jacket is awesome. I can't wear an all floral jacket but id instakop a shirt in that print.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads