• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received my indigo patchwork chambray scarf from portland dry goods today. thing is awesome! way better in person, much larger than I expected. i still think spring scarves are a little silly, but i can't wait to rock this with my penn shirt jacket and khaki bedford all friggin spring long. packaging and service from PDG was awesome as well, would buy from them again for sure.

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
flda3m.jpg

Does the fit look okay on this to you guys? Sorry about the awful pic...

Last edited:

mbaum

Reaction score
Received my indigo patchwork chambray scarf from portland dry goods today. thing is awesome! way better in person, much larger than I expected. i still think spring scarves are a little silly, but i can't wait to rock this with my penn shirt jacket and khaki bedford all friggin spring long. packaging and service from PDG was awesome as well, would buy from them again for sure.

Ha, I also bought it from PDG. And will also throw it on with the Penn ...

Finally got around to start buying EG. Picked up the Aviator in grey tropical wool from Jack Straw on a business trip up to Seattle (Still my favorite piece) and bought the Cambridge shorts in the black batik print yesterday. My favorite print this season, I think ...

Also tried on the blue (Ripstop? Pique?) USN pants - Found the fit and especially the color very boring. Also tried on the Long Beach shorts in the blue/ white floral. Loved them and almost got them (They are actually not too short ...) but then again, how many $200 shorts does one really need ...

For all you guys in LA, Mohawk got another delivery in this week. This time, the focus is on black and greys and mainly shirts. They also got that black jumper suit thingy which really is a funny piece.

Still have a couple of things I want but that I have not seen at an US retailer and will need your guys' help (As it includes shorts and I was not yet able to even identify them). Will ask in a separate post.

Mike

Last edited:

ekimneems

Reaction score
Anyone know any US stockists that have the SS14 Cambridge Shorts in Navy Weather Poplin? I emailed Nepenthes but they didn't know who may have gotten them, only that they did make them (and they don't have them at the moment).

I saw the Bureau has them but I don't want to ship internationally if I don't have to.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What you guys think about this?

HUGE IMAGE

eg-blazer-waves0002.jpg

Is it more gray IRL like the photo due to the print?

You guys think it'd be weird to wear with Siki Im (black clothing) and Raf Simons maroon trousers?

Dino19

Reaction score
Anyone know any US stockists that have the SS14 Cambridge Shorts in Navy Weather Poplin? I emailed Nepenthes but they didn't know who may have gotten them, only that they did make them (and they don't have them at the moment).

I saw the Bureau has them but I don't want to ship internationally if I don't have to.

They have free international shipping at the moment. So, it's not a bad option.

Incidentally, I cop the border vest & scarf from them.

El QUaG

Reaction score

The Bureau have free international shipping til end of the weekend!

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the difference between EG and EG workaday? If I wear a large in the bedford, am I the same size for the shirts as well?

catchh

Reaction score
I think workaday is just more basic items, which I wish they did more of. The sizing is always different just like every EG item.

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my foulard andover just arrived. notes: fits jussst a little more snugly than the spring wool one. but still TTS.

print is quite matte in real life so that works well for me. it's not as loud as it seems (coming from me that's rich)

apparently i bought the last size S from gentrynyc. shipping cost a bomb but they sent it half way round the world in 2 days so i'm impressed.

will try and do a fit with it soon :)

edit: also think it will pair very nicely with the batik print shorts or cropped trousers and i'll definitely be on the look out for those.

Last edited:

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What you guys think about this?
HUGE IMAGE

eg-blazer-waves0002.jpg

Is it more gray IRL like the photo due to the print?

You guys think it'd be weird to wear with Siki Im (black clothing) and Raf Simons maroon trousers?

I'm likely in the minority but I dont like this print :hide:
I mean its not terrible, it just doesn't move me at all either way and think funds would be better spent elsewhere, sorry

Does the fit look okay on this to you guys? Sorry about the awful pic...

fit looks good, sleeve seems a bit short but still works and dont think sizing up will work in the chest/shoulders

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics