Engineered Garments Spring / Summer 2014

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Nov 19, 2013.

1. buzzlulu

buzzlulu Senior member

I am not too enthralled with most of the jacket prints this season and have not purchased anything. Quite the opposite of FW13 when I bought too much.
    All that changed on Friday when I was at Nepenthes. I was able to score the white canvas Bedford Vans collaboration at 50% off . I never quite understood why they released this piece last September/October. For me it is a Spring/Summer item and I am quite happy to start using it when it gets warmer here in the NY area.

PS Always take a L in the Bedford. In this case a M worked perfectly in the Vans collaboration.

2. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Senior member

Pics of this bedford? Any more left?

3. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

How's the Baker sizing on you? Same size as your EG shirt or upsize? Thanks.

4. yesssir

yesssir Senior member

I think he's talking about these bedfords that were released FW13. The elbow patches matched the EG vans.

[​IMG]

5. tjonesd2

tjonesd2 Senior member

Is it kosher to call up Nepenthes and ask if they have any jackets on sale in my size?

6. VCircuit

VCircuit Well-Known Member

I got the basketweave and basically agree with Fycus' impression; it is very light, textured, and a little bit crispy. The weave is deep with some khaki threads and is not captured well in any photos I've seen. It looks much better as a shirt-jac than a midlayer.

7. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

yeah they're super helpful. pretty prompt response via email as well and they'll tell you the other stockist if they're out of stock.

8. buzzlulu

buzzlulu Senior member

Yes - those are the ones. I copped the white canvas one on the right. As previously stated for me this is a Spring/Summer piece. The material is the same they are currently using for SS14 outwear pieces. A great score at 50% off which compensates for all of the FW13 I purchased at full retail. And, imho, for me it is much more wearable than all of the prints which the SS14 jackets have.

9. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

I would happily take 5-6 of the printed bedfords and bakers this season, but thats not happening :/

10. Kvc06

Kvc06 Senior member

They just let me know via email that they don't have any of the Vans bedfords left...

"Kevin,

We made the Vans Special Bedford in three fabrics - Indigo Denim, Natural Denim, and Navy Wool Uniform Serge.

Unfortunately we are sold out of all of them. Sorry!"

:(

11. BlakeRVA

BlakeRVA Senior member

Has anyone purchased the Black Cotton Batik Print Baker in Black? How's the fabric? It looks like it wrinkles very easily and it might have an awkward fit. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

12. ekimneems

ekimneems Senior member

I found the Baker to be TTS with a slim fit, whereas the Bedford is boxier. I am 5'6", 37.5" chest and the Baker in size Small fits me perfectly. I found the Bedford small to fix pretty boxy and the XS to be too small in the chest for me.

I am usually an XS in all EG shirts because they have been fitting more relaxed lately and the length on the small is way too long.

13. accordion

accordion Senior member

14. nevergreen

nevergreen Senior member

i (unfortunately) did not buy it, but i did try it on. it's a little bit wrinkly and the sizing isn't awkward, but you may consider sizing up one. i'm normally a small and the small i tried on fit well, though it was definitely short in the sleeves. the length wasn't too bad, but if you want a more relaxed fit it wouldn't be bad to size up. also depends on your height, weight, etc

15. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

Wow! We have similar physique. Thanks for the confirmation on the size. I was on the fence about XS or S, without the chance of trying. Now, I'll have more choices to purchase if it's S, with option of return. It's great news to me.

Which silhouette do you prefer - Baker or Bedford?

I'm also a XS in all Eg shirts, pants or shorts. Btw, this season pants fit big on the waist too.