• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fw is usually cut roomier than ss across the board for jackets to allow for more layering
then again this is eg we're talking about and some seasons are just inconsistent in sizing

Last edited:

Dino19

Reaction score
ime from slimmest to roomiest (obviously more jackets in collection but this is standard for most seasons)
andover<

I size up for the Baker.

I wear Large in Bedford - XL in Baker.

I also have a FW 2013 wool Bedford in Medium... So ultimately it's best if you try it on or know your measurements.

fw is usually cut roomier than ss across the board for jackets to allow for more layering
then again this is eg we're talking about and some seasons are just inconsistent in sizing

From reading this forum, I came to the conclusion that EG jackets fit slim/TTS. Baker seems to be most slim, and Bedford is more relaxed. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

SS13 I was an XL in Baker's and a M in shirts- no idea about this years yet.
Thanks for all the inputs.

I'm typically a XS in all EG. When I compare the shirt & jacket (Baker & Bedford) measurements in XS, the chest is way too small. But, seeing those online models with the same size as me being able to fit into XS and able to fully button-up in both the Baker & Bedford, makes it even more puzzling in term of sizing. Is jacket cut differently from shirt?

As it's an online overseas purchase, exchange is out of the equation for me. Of course I want the fit to be spot on without going to the tailor for alteration. But, may be the safe way out is to size up & have it altered if necessary. It's really a pain with no chance of trying.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you mention shirt & jacket yet you only mention comparing the baker to the bedford, which are both jackets, so im a bit confused, but the baker has a more strait cut and the bedford has more of the tipical eg A cut, sleeves are usually roomier on the bedford and both will have questionable sleeve length in size xs, if you're over 5'9" or have long arms you might be better off with a small

Last edited:

Dino19

Reaction score
what is your true chest measurement and height?

also you mention shirt & jacket yet you only mention comparing the baker to the bedford, which are both jackets, so im a bit confused, but the baker has a more strait cut and the bedford has more of the tipical eg A cut, sleeves are usually roomier on the bedford and both will have questionable sleeve length in size xs, if you're over 5'9" or have long arms you might be better off with a small

Pardon me for not being clear enough. I was comparing shirt (Work & Western) & jacket (Baker & Bedford) measurements.

The EG XS shirt (p2p is about 49-50cm) is already pretty fitting. So, I was wondering if the online fit pics model (about the same build as me) can fit in nicely, then so can I. But, if I look at the measurements, I have doubts.

I do not know my true chest measurement. I'm only 5'6ish. May be a XS would work? Btw, I'm leaning toward Baker.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pardon me for not being clear enough. I was comparing shirt (Work & Western) & jacket (Baker & Bedford) measurements. 

The EG XS shirt (p2p is about 49-50cm) is already pretty fitting. So, I was wondering if the online fit pics model (about the same build as me) can fit in nicely, then so can I. But, if I look at the measurements, I have doubts. 

I do not know my true chest measurement. I'm only 5'6ish. May be a XS would work? Btw, I'm leaning toward Baker.

if the xs shirt you have is tight then definitely go with a small in the baker or bedford
the shirts are just cut roomier in the chest for whatever reason

Last edited:

Dino19

Reaction score
if the xs shirt you have is tight then definitely go with a small in the baker or bedford
the shirts are just cut roomier in the chest for whatever reason

It's not tight but slim fitting, which I like. Not the loose or relax fit which people envisage EG to be.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thank you, @canstyleace The batik hat looks nice but not feeling the shorter brim... I looked through Bereau's recent EG buy and it is so great. Seriously every time I see a new collection I just want to wear EG everything... I probably should not check out any of the Japanese webshorts like Mountain. They always style so well, ugh! Good good good good.

edit:
Anyone know what the item is i.e.

e4.jpg

I am particularly interested in the long skirt / apron and whether stockists carried it... and the ways it can be worn or only as photoed.

Last edited:

yesssir

Reaction score

Anyone help with this please?
The ones i know of are Navy cotton riptop, olive cotton ripstop, navy tiki printed cotton jacquard (I believe Gary is selling that one -- my favourite of the bunch), there's also a charcoal and black plaid one which looks amazing, and a navy green floral printed canvas, might be a orange and brown floral printed canvas as well... Below are pics of the latter 3. There's bound to be more versions of the Bedford available...

JRS1979

Reaction score
Thanks.

I was hoping for a cotton twill version as I'm not a fan of the cotton ripstop for a jacket.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you, @canstyleace
The batik hat looks nice but not feeling the shorter brim... I looked through Bereau's recent EG buy and it is so great. Seriously every time I see a new collection I just want to wear EG everything... I probably should not check out any of the Japanese webshorts like Mountain. They always style so well, ugh! Good good good good.

edit:
Anyone know what the item is i.e.

e4.jpg
I am particularly interested in the long skirt / apron and whether stockists carried it... and the ways it can be worn or only as photoed.

theres a couple of solid porkpies at haven and nomad

more should start popping up soon, nepnyc should end up having the biggest selection of hats stateside

iirc the apron/skirt thing is called "tablier" but havent seen any in shops yet

:fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu:
its not looking good for a black batik full length pant

Also some more bedfords here, navy and olive cotton ripstop, black & white houndstooth

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads