Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Engineered Garments Spring / Summer 2014

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Nov 19, 2013.

1. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

fw is usually cut roomier than ss across the board for jackets to allow for more layering
    then again this is eg we're talking about and some seasons are just inconsistent in sizing

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014

2. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

SS13 I was an XL in Baker's and a M in shirts- no idea about this years yet.

3. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

Thanks for all the inputs.

I'm typically a XS in all EG. When I compare the shirt & jacket (Baker & Bedford) measurements in XS, the chest is way too small. But, seeing those online models with the same size as me being able to fit into XS and able to fully button-up in both the Baker & Bedford, makes it even more puzzling in term of sizing. Is jacket cut differently from shirt?

As it's an online overseas purchase, exchange is out of the equation for me. Of course I want the fit to be spot on without going to the tailor for alteration. But, may be the safe way out is to size up & have it altered if necessary. It's really a pain with no chance of trying.

4. canstyleace

you mention shirt & jacket yet you only mention comparing the baker to the bedford, which are both jackets, so im a bit confused, but the baker has a more strait cut and the bedford has more of the tipical eg A cut, sleeves are usually roomier on the bedford and both will have questionable sleeve length in size xs, if you're over 5'9" or have long arms you might be better off with a small

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014

5. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

Pardon me for not being clear enough. I was comparing shirt (Work & Western) & jacket (Baker & Bedford) measurements.

The EG XS shirt (p2p is about 49-50cm) is already pretty fitting. So, I was wondering if the online fit pics model (about the same build as me) can fit in nicely, then so can I. But, if I look at the measurements, I have doubts.

I do not know my true chest measurement. I'm only 5'6ish. May be a XS would work? Btw, I'm leaning toward Baker.

6. El QUaG

El QUaG Senior member

Foulard Andover is available at Gentry.

7. canstyleace

if the xs shirt you have is tight then definitely go with a small in the baker or bedford
    the shirts are just cut roomier in the chest for whatever reason

8. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

It's not tight but slim fitting, which I like. Not the loose or relax fit which people envisage EG to be.

9. canstyleace

xs blazer type jacket will fit slimmer in the chest than xs shirt, you can take that to the bank

10. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

^ Roger. That's the decision I must make. S would be a safer bet.

11. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Thank you, @canstyleace The batik hat looks nice but not feeling the shorter brim... I looked through Bereau's recent EG buy and it is so great. Seriously every time I see a new collection I just want to wear EG everything... I probably should not check out any of the Japanese webshorts like Mountain. They always style so well, ugh! Good good good good.

edit:
    Anyone know what the item is i.e.

[​IMG]

I am particularly interested in the long skirt / apron and whether stockists carried it... and the ways it can be worn or only as photoed.

12. JRS1979

JRS1979 Senior member

Anyone help with this please?

13. yesssir

yesssir Senior member

14. JRS1979

JRS1979 Senior member

Thanks.

I was hoping for a cotton twill version as I'm not a fan of the cotton ripstop for a jacket.

15. canstyleace

theres a couple of solid porkpies at haven and nomad

more should start popping up soon, nepnyc should end up having the biggest selection of hats stateside

iirc the apron/skirt thing is called "tablier" but havent seen any in shops yet

:fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu:
    its not looking good for a black batik full length pant

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also some more bedfords here, navy and olive cotton ripstop, black & white houndstooth

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014