1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments FW08

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by timpoblete, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters Senior member

Robin,

I'm anticipating my deliveries to be here in the first two weeks of September but depending on fabric shipments from mills and production time, it's always a challenge for manufacturers. Lets keep our fingers crossed that everything goes as planed.

Can anyone find that thread I referred to "How we roll in EG" I could not find it.

Gary

QUOTE=robin;1120600]Gary,

Have they given estimates on when F/W will start shipping to stores this year? I remember last year there was a big delay.[/quote]

2. robin

robin Senior member

Can anyone find that thread I referred to "How we roll in EG" I could not find it.

Gary

Here you go: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=31012

Everyone's going to need to up their game from a year ago.

3. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Senior member

By golly, I look like a damned hippie!

4. jacksonr

jacksonr Well-Known Member

I dig the shawl shirt jacket. The S/S plaid ones were cool but I couldn't see myself wearing them.
    Anyone know when the Levi's capsule collection is supposed to happen?

5. cbusguy

cbusguy Senior member

anyone know what this shirt will retail for??

[​IMG]

6. keykoo

keykoo Senior member

Brown Parka looks nice, did you order any smalls for that Gary?

7. anothergreenworld

anothergreenworld Senior member

It looks like Skookum made that MultiPocket Varisty Knit Cardigan, based on the buttons and button holes. I didn't think they had a hand in more than the Aviator jackets.

8. robin

robin Senior member

It looks like Skookum made that MultiPocket Varisty Knit Cardigan, based on the buttons and button holes. I didn't think they had a hand in more than the Aviator jackets.
    Looks like they do: http://www.centraliaknittingmills.co...cat2/index.php

How can you tell by the buttons and button holes?

anyone know what this shirt will retail for??
    I'd guess around $250, based off similar jackets they've done in the past.

Anyone know when the Levi's capsule collection is supposed to happen?
    I haven't heard anything yet, but hopefully Levi's doesn't mess it up. Other than having their name on the stuff, they shouldn't touch it.

9. efujobu

efujobu Well-Known Member

wow. Im really diggin the field vest, the shawl collar cardi, and the work shirt.

Gary,

Would you happen to have the pricing on those pieces?

I have to save up now! [​IMG]

10. dusty

dusty Senior member

I wouldn't count on the wool parka to be lined. EG's heavy on layering, so that parka's probably made to have another coat/jacket go underneath. It defintely looks more interesting that way, IMO.

Yeah but come on, an unlined parka? At that point you're pretty much throwing all functionality out the window for aesthetics, which is a shame because the functionality is one of the major reasons EG is/was such an attractive label.

11. Souper

Souper Senior member

this is such a strong collection. After I pick up my NDG stuff this fall I'm probably gonna get 1-3 EG pieces.

Spring08 was weak, but this totally restored my faith in the brand.

12. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I need the brown diagonal wool parka. I must have it! BTW, for all... look forward to a couple of new affiliates, one with Engineered Garments, and a good complement to Gary (our unofficial Engineered Garments man) and Peasant. Actually, she should be here already.

You guys are going to love the stuff she has. We are just trying to get the creatives ready. Actually, if someone wants to PM me, perhaps to help them with that, I might be appreciative [​IMG]

13. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters Senior member

Yes, I did!

Brown Parka looks nice, did you order any smalls for that Gary?

14. anothergreenworld

anothergreenworld Senior member

Looks like they do: http://www.centraliaknittingmills.co...cat2/index.php How can you tell by the buttons and button holes?
    Right, I mixed them up, Skookum isn't technically Centralia Knitting Mills. I can tell because they made me a swiss knit melton wool jacket, buttoned not zipped. However, my jacket's tag does state Skookum.

15. dusty

dusty Senior member

Well I have it from EG that the parka is unlined. Ugh, no jacket purchases for me.

16. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

I can't tell you how happy I am that I'm no longer limited to buying all my unlined jackets from Banana Republic.

17. robin

robin Senior member

If it breaks your heart, you could always have a tailor put in a lining for you. I wonder if the Woolrich Woolen Mills parka will be lined though, the designs are pretty similar.

[​IMG]

18. dusty

dusty Senior member

If it breaks your heart, you could always have a tailor put in a lining for you. I wonder if the Woolrich Woolen Mills parka will be lined though, the designs are pretty similar. [​IMG]
    I already inquired about that, and nobody is wiliing to do it. But wow, where did you find that parka photo and who is going to have it this year? I was hoping they were going to do a non-red plaid version of their mountain/trail parka this year, and that looks like it.

19. robin

robin Senior member

I already inquired about that, and nobody is wiliing to do it. But wow, where did you find that WWM photo and who is going to have it this year? I was hoping they were going to do a non-red plaid version of their parka this year, and that looks like it.
    They were sent around a few months ago for a showing they put on, you should be able to find a couple more if you look around online. Bergdorf's is still carrying them, and Sam mentioned that context will be getting it for fall too.

20. dusty

dusty Senior member

Lord, it's hell trying to get through to Bergdorf, but I'll call again. I talked to Sam and I don't think they're getting that one.