1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments FW08

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by timpoblete, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters Senior member

Please, Lisn' Up!

I will get twenty to thirty Look Books to send to you guys and they are free for the asking. All you need to do is ask for one and leave your address via PM. As soon as I get them, which will probably be in the next couple of weeks, I will send them out to those that PM'd me. OK ! Thanks.

Gary

2. robin

robin Senior member

- Fenwick jacket for the GF
    Who's carrying Fenwick?

3. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

would it be wrong to start the spring summer '09 post. the truth is there isn't much i can recall about it, meeting with daiki and angelo was such an overwhelming experience that everything sort of blanked out.
    From the Nepenthes Blog: EG SS09 [​IMG]

4. Vashin

Vashin Senior member

Hey guys, are EG pants pretty true to size? My waist is smaller than 30, and they don't make smaller than 30. Am I screwed?

5. robin

robin Senior member

Hey guys, are EG pants pretty true to size? My waist is smaller than 30, and they don't make smaller than 30. Am I screwed?
    Usually yes. How much smaller is your waist? If it's just a 28 or 29, you could possibly get the 30's and just have them taken in by a tailor.

6. robin

robin Senior member

7. Vashin

Vashin Senior member

The plaid jacket looks almost like a short shower robe.

I'm a 28, I'll see if it gets discounted further... then I will get it and have it tailored.

8. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

Is that a white lab coat on the right? I don't know what to make of that plaid jacket in the middle though.
    That does look like the lab coat on the right. Like the color choice. The middle jacket could be like a short belted mac or trench? And on the far left it looks like a SS shawl collar version of the FW07 Field Jacket.

9. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters Senior member

Hey Guys,

I received the Look Books today, thanks to Angelo! I will have the majority in the mail tomorrow but I did run out of envelopes for a few so they will go out on Friday. I did only receive twenty five of them and I had requests for more than that so I will beg and plead with Angelo to send me more and hopefully those that PM me today and last night will get one, I'm hoping. Those that did not PM me can still do so but I cannot make any promises. I hope you enjoy them, share with your friends, turn your Dad on to EG for he once lived this and should you have any questions, concerns, beefs, suggestions etc, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Gary

P.S. David, I got you covered!

10. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

More SS09 from Daiki's column: [​IMG] Note the red jacket on the far right. Can't wait to see that one. [​IMG] Is that two models in the pics in back? Also, the piece that Angelo's wearing is probably the middle jacket in the previous post, but in a different pattern. [​IMG] More green with white stripes. No complaints. [​IMG] And the new field jacket. P.S. Thanks Gary!

11. robin

robin Senior member

More info on the lookbook pieces:

* The poly looking material piece is nylon and is a windbreaker.
    * Climbing pants are back.
    * The grey trench-like piece is the lab coat, and the other coat which we thought was the lab coat is actually the shop coat.
    * The jacket with the fur collar is the storm coat.
    * There are turtle neck pieces in thermal (cotton?) and wool. There's also going to be rugby shirt and suspenders.

12. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Senior member

I have Daiki's jacket, a WWM piece: [​IMG]

13. Chip

Chip Senior member

Gary, Thanks for the Lookbook...looking forward to ordering some FW08 pieces from you.

14. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Senior member

+1

This is EG's strongest season so far.

15. robin

robin Senior member

[​IMG]

Taken by Scott Schuman at Pitti.

16. robin

robin Senior member

Stopped in at Ian today (everything's now 50% off) and they heard from EG that things might start to ship as soon as the end of this month.

Along with the other stuff we know about already, they said they were getting in a poncho and some Russel Moccasins (no idea if they're branded under EG or if they bought them separately).

17. irbe

irbe Senior member

Anybody know if they are coming out with a Norfolk this year?

18. robin

robin Senior member

I think someone asked EG already (it's somewhere in this thread) and they said no. Edit: Also, in case you all haven't seen them yet, Michael over at ACL got to post a few pics from the SS09 lookbook: http://acontinuouslean.com/2008/07/0...garments-ss09/

19. dusty

dusty Senior member

they are not

20. asobu

asobu Senior member

Thanks to Gary for the lookbook! I'm really really excited about this collection. Pieces and material looks great. Definitely prefer EG's f/w collections.