• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 14

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6.5" hem on a size 32???
foo.gif
They are meant to taper down a lot, to contrast with the volume of the cargo pockets. I can see them working great with a pair of boots or a pair of running styled sneakers (Nike Roshe shape).

SirMeowly

Reaction score
Thanks @canstyleace . I was thinking sort of the same thing re: Ghruka pants perhaps looking a bit odd with the Bedford... If anyone else has advice too I'd appreciate it.

HelloFello

Reaction score
Got my brown Homespun Bedford today from Drinkwaters(thanks Gary). The material is quite soft and stretchy, very comfortable jacket. Definitely slimmer than the mediums from the SS this year, though. I'd call it a mid weight jacket and definitely wearable for the Southern California winter. Very glad I decided to take the plunge and order it, because I'm sure this will be a hard to find piece if I waited.

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
Thing I like about gentry is modelling the clothes , that CPO looks real short , may be me out going off that ...

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Truman pant in homespun wool is nice

I actually like that cut in general...double pleat and tapered :slayer:

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thing I like about gentry is modelling the clothes , that CPO looks real short , may be me out going off that ...

Yep, I tried on small and medium, and the only problem with the small was how short it was, which is really strange, since I'm 5'7. Usually S is too tight in the shoulders for me, never encountered that particular sizing discrepancy.

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score
Our first delivery for the season has arrived with the following items;

Workshirt - Blue Chambray - $190
Workshirt - Gray/Navy Heavy Twill Plaid - $215
Workshirt - Navy/Red/Blue Heavy Twill Plaid - $215

Classic Shirt - Dk Grey Brushed Herringbone - $215 (Buyers note - this thing is soft as hell, might be my favorite piece in the bunch)

Lafayette Shirt - Black/Red Rodeo Flannel - $215

Shawl Collar Knit Jacket - Dk Green Sweater Knit - $498

Bedford Jacket - Olive Moleskin - $398
Bedford Jacket - Navy Moleskin - $398
Bedford Jacket - Brown Homespun - $475

second drop will be some navy fair isle tech fleece pieces and a couple button shawls. Photos of this stuff to come in the next week or so - I can snap quick shots of particular things if needed until then

Best.

D.O.

mbaum

Reaction score
Check out page 20 of this threat for a discussion of the Highland pants. Verdict: Gotta have da ass, legs (Thin, not worked-out) and height for them to look good ...

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score

Got a pic?

stained glass looking viscose lining fabric is on the inside of the yoke, the cuffs, and the underside of the pocket flaps. elbow patches are extra soft and fairly tonal, fit is pretty TTS (I take a small as PDG's resident smedium)

only got a handful of these and I'm on the verge of buying it for myself. really a gorgeous shirt.

mbaum

Reaction score
Nice - what is are the p2p measurements for L and XL if you have them handy?

Thanks,

Mike

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads