• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Are the Sal trousers the same cut that come with the NMWA raw silk tux? I tried that on at the sample sale and agree that the trouser fit, although really high, was super comfortable and felt really natural, like I'd totally forget I was wearing them.

I'm pretty sure the NMWA tuxedo comes with Sal formal pants.

I think I'd only try it if Antonio comes on and says he tapes his seams on lined jackets or something.

We do not tape the seams on lined jackets.

With all the S/S '16 collections being shown these days, any idea when we'll see something official from Eidos? There are peeks of it on instagram if you search #eidosnapoli but I need more!

As it stands now, we are showing the spring Eidos collection in New York on July 14th. That may change by a day or two though since the CFDA moved Robert Geller on top of our confirmed time slot after he was already confirmed for the 16th.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, the tux is our only suit that comes with Sal pants. And they're amazing, with the wider waistband in shantung silk

Last edited:

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not saying you're wrong....you're just not right!

Please tell me that was a typo and you have a 32 inseam and not a 42.

I cuff at 1.5 with a 31 inseam, so 1.75 on a 32 isn't small. I know lots of people here advocate 2, but that is actually pretty big.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Please tell me that was a typo and you have a 32 inseam and not a 42.

I cuff at 1.5 with a 31 inseam, so 1.75 on a 32 isn't small. I know lots of people here advocate 2, but that is actually pretty big.

He was exaggerating. My inseam is 33"ish. I don't like 2" cuffs on me.

02///M3

Reaction score

Yes, the tux is our only suit that comes with Sal pants.  And they're amazing, with the wider waistband in shantung silk

Agreed, it's a really unique and beautiful piece. Wish I could justify a second tux in the rotation.

ComfortablyDumb

Reaction score
I know it has already been said to death, but damn the Dickie really is the perfect summer shirt, especially in this amazing Ischia print. Huge thanks to @thecool85 for proxying it for me. The fit and details are absolutely perfect. I was worried the arms would be a bit too slim (short-sleeve XL lupos are too tight in the arms for my liking) but everything is just right.

Also I enjoyed the Ischia print so much I had to pick up the accompanying pocket square...

ComfortablyDumb

Reaction score
I grabbed it from Burrows in Oakville, ON. Out of the two Eidos stockists in Ontario (well, Canada), they're by far my preferred shop.

I believe I grabbed the last one, though.

Last edited:

ScottMC

Reaction score
I realize it's late in the season, but does anyone know where I can get either of these in a size small? Its the navy camicia pocket polo, short or long sleeve.

Last edited:

NickInTO

Reaction score
I grabbed it from Burrows in Oakville, ON. Out of the two Eidos stockists in Ontario (well, Canada), they're by far my preferred shop.

I believe I grabbed the last one, though.
What's Burrows' selection of Eidos like?

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the PS, I have green and gray.

Last edited:

ComfortablyDumb

Reaction score
What's Burrows' selection of Eidos like?

Could be wrong, this is from memory:
3-4 suits (all pretty conversative patterns/fabrics/colours, all Tipo model)
4-5 sport coats (including the awesome beige hopsack fabric that NMWA has, all Tipo model)
3ish pieces of knitwear (the navy/white basketweave cardigan and some quarter-zips)
Maybe 10 different shirts (equally split between casual sport shirts and dress shirts)
4 short sleeve lupos (navy, white, light blue, pink)
5 pairs of trousers (including the stone cotton canvas, and the awesome wool/silk/linen blends in beige and in navy)
handful of ties and PSs (maybe 4-5 each)

The owner, Blake, is really great to talk to and loves the brand. I talked to him about maybe incorporating the Ciro model into the lineup and he said he'd see what he could do for SS16 when he does the buys next month.

Fair warning, the pricing is all over the place. Some items are pretty consistent with the prices I've seen from U.S. retailers + adjusting to the exchange rate for CAD (suits, jackets, casual shirts), but the markup on some others is pretty high (dress shirts, ties, polos).

NickInTO

Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed response. I'll have to check it out.

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Could be wrong, this is from memory:
3-4 suits (all pretty conversative patterns/fabrics/colours, all Tipo model)
4-5 sport coats (including the awesome beige hopsack fabric that NMWA has, all Tipo model)
3ish pieces of knitwear (the navy/white basketweave cardigan and some quarter-zips)
Maybe 10 different shirts (equally split between casual sport shirts and dress shirts)
4 short sleeve lupos (navy, white, light blue, pink)
5 pairs of trousers (including the stone cotton canvas, and the awesome wool/silk/linen blends in beige and in navy)
handful of ties and PSs (maybe 4-5 each)

The owner, Blake, is really great to talk to and loves the brand. I talked to him about maybe incorporating the Ciro model into the lineup and he said he'd see what he could do for SS16 when he does the buys next month.

Fair warning, the pricing is all over the place. Some items are pretty consistent with the prices I've seen from U.S. retailers + adjusting to the exchange rate for CAD (suits, jackets, casual shirts), but the markup on some others is pretty high (dress shirts, ties, polos).
What?? That's not fair that such a great jacket exists but outside my country...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads