Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. DeSense

DeSense Senior member

^ I can claim I tried. It didn't work for me.

2. TM79

TM79 Senior member

A lot of the Pitti photos I saw of high rise trousers looked bad/silly to me.

3. EvilTuna7

EvilTuna7 Well-Known Member

I'm a taller guy, but I have shorter legs and in general the higher rise pants look great on me. I think it helps even my proportions a bit. I'm not talking about any too crazy though, I think the best looks is when the waist is right around my navel.

4. FLW

FLW Senior member

[​IMG]
    Speaking of Sal, here's mine in action last week at a cocktail/dinner party. People commented on them, but of course not as much as the adire jacket. I think everyone should try the Sal before judging it. If it works on your body it looks great and is insanely comfortable. I can't wait to see what NMWA throws at us next season...

5. 02///M3

02///M3 Senior member

Are the Sal trousers the same cut that come with the NMWA raw silk tux? I tried that on at the sample sale and agree that the trouser fit, although really high, was super comfortable and felt really natural, like I'd totally forget I was wearing them.

6. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

Is it lunacy to consider asking my tailor to take the lining out of a lined eidos sportcoat? I have one lined, one unlined, and the unlined is so much more breathable.

7. bdavro23

bdavro23 Senior member

Yes, lunacy. The inside of lined jackets are usually a mess, since no one will ever see them. The edges will be unfinished and there might not be enough fabric to put a hem on. I had it done on a jacket and got very lucky as there was barely enough there to make it work.

Good luck if you try it, but you might want to feel around for the seam allowances before taking the plunge.

8. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

It might not be possible to un-line it unless you have excess of the original fabric. The seems and insides will have to be finished, taped/self lined etc, and unless you have more of the fabric, it might be impossible.

9. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

You could use a different fabric for that. I have a navy jacket where the seams are taped in a slightly lighter navy. It doesn't look that bad, and you don't notice it when you're wearing it anyways.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015

10. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

I think I'd only try it if Antonio comes on and says he tapes his seams on lined jackets or something.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015

11. ComfortablyDumb

ComfortablyDumb Senior member

With all the S/S '16 collections being shown these days, any idea when we'll see something official from Eidos? There are peeks of it on instagram if you search #eidosnapoli but I need more!

12. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

SS16 seems so far away though. I just started wearing the SS15 stuff on a regular basis a few weeks ago.:D

13. FLW

FLW Senior member

I believe they are showing in New York in a few weeks. After Pitti there is Milan and Paris and then New York (I think, order might be off on that). Anyway, I think it is going to be a similar presentation to what we saw for A/W '15. I'm sure it will be as, if not more, impressive...

14. circumspice

circumspice Senior member

If you had proper cuffs, you might be ok - your 1.75 on your 42 inch inseam is skimpy