Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Jamesgatz

Jamesgatz Senior member

Don't own any Eidos as I no longer buy that much from the US, but the brand seems to have hit a proper price point; Nick also has an aesthetic vision many on SF can relate to. What nicer brands are you thinking of at this price point?

2. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Fully canvassed, made in Italy (really), nice fabrics (often exclusive designs too), soft tailoring with nice styling - all at very good value at retail. What's not to like? It's a nice change from all the smoke and mirrors of pseudo-Italian styling made in China stuff that is sweeping the market right now.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  3. heldentenor

heldentenor Senior member

Cut, fabric, and quality of construction are really hard to beat sub-$1000 retail for jackets and $1500 for suits. I can only think of one other readily available brand that can compete OTR, and it's slightly more expensive. "Value" is a strange construct and we'll all relate to it differently, but if you like what Eidos does, there are very few competing options.

4. WillingToLearn

WillingToLearn Senior member

which brand?

5. FLW

FLW Senior member

The important question here is, "In comparison to what?"

Eidos' value is best measured against a specific item. That would also be a good way to learn the advantages that an Eidos item has over whichever other garment you consider to be fairly priced.

The other thing to remember is that in most anything consumer-related your marginal returns diminish as you ramp up the price. The gap between a $100 pair of dress shoes at Target vs. a $400 pair of Carminas is mich more noticable than the gap between those Carminas and $1200 Edward Greens. The nicer shoes are worth the extra money, but their benefits don't necessarily leap right out at you.

6. dRm0j0

dRm0j0 Well-Known Member

Does anybody know if Eidos makes US Size 34/EU 44? Smallest I've seen them go (in the recent NYC sample sale) is a EUR 46/US 36. If so, where can I find them?

Thanks!

7. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

pretty sure you can do MTO from NMWA in EU 44

8. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

I think it's price..., though personally I find myself dancing in between like or not like Eidos given the only thing I own from Eidos is a suit and I prefer more defined shoulder, had I own a sports coat my opinion might be different.

9. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

Maybe the best way to compare would be against your favorite or best fitting brand?

Eidos is an incredible value and offers great construction and cloths at a great price.

10. 02///M3

02///M3 Senior member

FWIW, I am a 52 in pretty much all Eidos sport coats/suit jackets and the 50 in the field jacket fits me like a glove. Granted I haven't tried one in linen, but I've tried two in wool (and own one of them) and one in what I think was a shantung fabric, and they all fit great in 50. So would personally recommend sizing down one.

11. matty long legs

matty long legs Senior member

Cross-post from the No Man Walks Alone thread:

[​IMG]

Eidos gunclub SC (NMWA)
    Mazz blue graph check (NMWA)
    Bigi brown shantung (NMWA)
    Drakes x Luxeswap cotton square (Spoo)
    RLPL linen pants (thrifted)
    EG Dover (e-thrift, 10% rule)

I searched for years for reasonably priced OTR suits and sport coats that fit and are styled the way I want. The Eidos x NMWA cut is it for me. Antonio, I'm beyond pleased. Keep up the good work.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  12. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

13. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

Same experience here.

14. ScottMC

ScottMC Senior member

Eidos Sal at a graduation. Later in the evening when I removed my jacket and tie I got positive feedback on the rise, even drawing comparison to a friend's stylish grandfather. [​IMG]

15. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

I want to embrace the high rise, but I just can't do it. I think they would look ridiculous on me because my legs are already freakishly long.