• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

doodledoc

Reaction score
Yes, it'll be fully canvassed. My 50IT sportcoat is about 29.5" from bottom-of-collar to the bottom-of-the-jacket. I think a 52IT has a ~44" chest measurement and ~19" shoulders measured on a curve, so it could fit you. (I'm going by measurements on No Man Walks Alone.)
Thank you for the help! Chest measurement is likely too small. Also, I'm interested in suits and on the No Man Walks Alone website, the pants are 36.6'' in the waist. I'm a 33'' waist. Not meant to be.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
45" chest suits do not come with 33" waist trousers. Not sure how you've been buying suits RTW before, because that is not a drop that is within standard range.

doodledoc

Reaction score
45" chest suits do not come with 33" waist trousers. Not sure how you've been buying suits RTW before, because that is not a drop that is within standard range.
I do wear trousers with 34'' waists and I can fit into a 44''. Range of motion is limited though.

doodledoc

Reaction score
Are you only buying suit separates? I have never seen a 11-12" drop from chest to waist
There's a misunderstanding. I do not have a 44'' or 45'' chest. Half measurement of a jacket underneath the armpit should be 22'' (actual chest is a 39'' but because I have such large lats, I need the extra room). If the actual measurement is smaller than 22'', I can't raise my arms very much (which is a problem when I'm driving my car). I can't do most 40R (though classic Italian styles do sometime work, such as Canali mainline 40R). The waist trousers length should 33.5'' or bigger (my actual waist is a 32.5''). Another problem is my 19'' shoulder, which generally fit into 42R suits.

It also depends on how in shape I am. The more cardio I do, these measurements decrease.

My father has Isaia suits and I find them beautiful. Being that Eidos is more affordable and appears to cater to a younger crowd (I'm 26), I'm very interested. One of these days, I'll make it to Bloomingdales in Century City to try on a jacket.

I forgot to answer your question! I do sometimes buy suit separates. Most of the time, no.

Last edited:

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've been considering this tie from Eidos as my first foray into this part of the collection. I'm posting a pic that Marc Etlin sent me for those of you who are interested. Might be a useful summer tie in brown. The overcheck is, apparently, pink. I hope it's a bit more vibrant (summery) IRL. 100% Cotton.

Last edited:

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been really happy with the construction, feel, and knots in my Eidos tie. One of my next two ties is the green grenadine grossa that Bloomingdales is selling.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've been really happy with the construction, feel, and knots in my Eidos tie. One of my next two ties is the green grenadine grossa that Bloomingdales is selling.

They are having a sale right now so you might take a look.

I have 2 eidos ties and really like them both.

Pics?

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crappy pic of this brown grenadine here:

Last edited:

thecool85

Reaction score
Crappy pic of this brown grenadine here:

I love that tie. This is the first picture I ever saw of Eidos clothing, and it was the picture that made me really take a closer look at the brand (unfortunately, I saw the picture a season too late and everything in this picture was already sold out.). I believe this is the same tie as Hookem's just in a different color.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same tie, different color. I believe it's 3.25" I love this one, and honestly the green linen one I have may be better.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics