Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. BrokenThread

BrokenThread Active Member

I don't have the regular lupo so I'll have to let Nick be the final word here. The collar on the linen looks and feels slightly finer and smoother in weave than the body, so it's either a slightly different linen or (my guess) a chambray-esque cotton.

2. LeBeef

LeBeef Senior member

I haven't seen the brown raw silk fabric anywhere else, but keep in mind, even if it were soldelsewhere, it would be in a different cut than is offered by NMWA.

3. Chaconne

Chaconne Senior member

ype/61/id/1698241/width/350/height/700/flags/LL" style="; width: 350px; height: 467px"> [/URL] Sorry for the low quality selfie. Eidos linen Lupo popover. Inky blue Formosa. I love them both. I'm a true 48 Formosa and the M/15.75/40 linen lupo just needs a inch or so of sleeve shortening and about an inch in along the sides. Great quality soft linen, amazing collar- wonderful piece, NP. [/quote] That's terrific. Great choices! I wasn't sure how the contrast collars would look IRL but it looks great there with your blazer. I imagine it would work well with brown or beige as well... Now if only they had a size small out there still...

4. veloaudio

veloaudio Senior member

Shantung Blousant showed up today along with the short sleeve camicia polo. The fabric on both is unreal. Here's the Blousant over a black T-shirt:

[​IMG]

5. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Looks good. It's called a blouson btw

6. Artking3

Artking3 Senior member

That jacket looks great. May I ask what size you got for the blouson? Did you go true to size? What does the fabric feel like?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015

7. veloaudio

veloaudio Senior member

I went with a 50. The fabric is very light. Gentry's description of it as a shirt or jacket is spot on. I plan to wear it more as a jacket, over tshirts and button ups.

Construction is great. All internal seams are felled. The green fabric is beatiful and there are slight color variations which are not really noticeable unless you get really close. I think Nick mentioned that each piece is unique and I can definitely see that. I will try and get some better close up shots in the next few days.

My only minor gripe is the buttons. The second button from the bottom (which is the one that takes most of the load of the waist band stretch when the blousan is buttoned up) isn't attached all the way through to the other side of the fabric. The other buttons seem ok. Obviously this is a very minor thing and and an easy fix.

I'm very happy and it will get loads of use throughout spring and summer.

8. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

The way these are typically worn is buttoning just the 3rd and 4th buttons from the bottom.

Some good examples: http://dieworkwear.com/post/14514798204/valstar-and-ring-jackets-blousons

9. veloaudio

veloaudio Senior member

^Thanks, I was definitely not planning to button the bottom but that post definitely helps.

10. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

bloussant sounds delicious

11. Styleternity

Styleternity Well-Known Member

Can anyone comment on the fit of the natural elongated belted cardigan Gentry are stocking?

Looks really great but I'm interested to know whether it's true to size. Shame about the strength of the Aussie dollar right now [​IMG]

12. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

I've been really thinking about this one, too. It looks really great, but I just wonder how much I'd wear it in real life.

Side note: today I realized I'm up to 8 eidos polos. They're great.

13. Shouldaville

Shouldaville Senior member

Poor pics (& not with this shirt), but is this too large? It doesn't seem that bad from the front, but with arms straight from the side, it is a little off in the shoulders. Can't believe I have to ask, but I've gone back and forth on whether to return (smaller size isn't available). Maybe it will relax a little over time.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. sebastian mcfox

sebastian mcfox Senior member

Yup, too big. Return it.

15. FLW

FLW Senior member

+1
    My heart breaks for you, but it is indeed too big