• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

BrokenThread

Reaction score
Looks great! Is the collar also linen or is it the same cotton/elastane as the regular polo fabric?

I don't have the regular lupo so I'll have to let Nick be the final word here. The collar on the linen looks and feels slightly finer and smoother in weave than the body, so it's either a slightly different linen or (my guess) a chambray-esque cotton.

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen the brown raw silk fabric anywhere else, but keep in mind, even if it were soldelsewhere, it would be in a different cut than is offered by NMWA.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
URL=http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/1698241/]
LL
[/URL]
ype/61/id/1698241/width/350/height/700/flags/LL" style="; width: 350px; height: 467px"> [/URL] Sorry for the low quality selfie. Eidos linen Lupo popover. Inky blue Formosa. I love them both. I'm a true 48 Formosa and the M/15.75/40 linen lupo just needs a inch or so of sleeve shortening and about an inch in along the sides. Great quality soft linen, amazing collar- wonderful piece, NP. [/quote] That's terrific. Great choices! I wasn't sure how the contrast collars would look IRL but it looks great there with your blazer. I imagine it would work well with brown or beige as well... Now if only they had a size small out there still...

veloaudio

Reaction score
Shantung Blousant showed up today along with the short sleeve camicia polo. The fabric on both is unreal. Here's the Blousant over a black T-shirt:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good. It's called a blouson btw

Artking3

Reaction score

Shantung Blousant showed up today along with the short sleeve camicia polo. The fabric on both is unreal. Here's the Blousant over a black T-shirt:

That jacket looks great. May I ask what size you got for the blouson? Did you go true to size? What does the fabric feel like?

Last edited:

veloaudio

Reaction score
I went with a 50. The fabric is very light. Gentry's description of it as a shirt or jacket is spot on. I plan to wear it more as a jacket, over tshirts and button ups.

Construction is great. All internal seams are felled. The green fabric is beatiful and there are slight color variations which are not really noticeable unless you get really close. I think Nick mentioned that each piece is unique and I can definitely see that. I will try and get some better close up shots in the next few days.

My only minor gripe is the buttons. The second button from the bottom (which is the one that takes most of the load of the waist band stretch when the blousan is buttoned up) isn't attached all the way through to the other side of the fabric. The other buttons seem ok. Obviously this is a very minor thing and and an easy fix.

I'm very happy and it will get loads of use throughout spring and summer.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My only minor gripe is the buttons. The second button from the bottom (which is the one that takes most of the load of the waist band stretch when the blousan is buttoned up) isn't attached all the way through to the other side of the fabric. The other buttons seem ok. Obviously this is a very minor thing and and an easy fix.

The way these are typically worn is buttoning just the 3rd and 4th buttons from the bottom.

Some good examples: http://dieworkwear.com/post/14514798204/valstar-and-ring-jackets-blousons

veloaudio

Reaction score
^Thanks, I was definitely not planning to button the bottom but that post definitely helps.

Styleternity

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the fit of the natural elongated belted cardigan Gentry are stocking?

Looks really great but I'm interested to know whether it's true to size. Shame about the strength of the Aussie dollar right now
confused.gif

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can anyone comment on the fit of the natural elongated belted cardigan Gentry are stocking?

Looks really great but I'm interested to know whether it's true to size. Shame about the strength of the Aussie dollar right now :confused:
I've been really thinking about this one, too. It looks really great, but I just wonder how much I'd wear it in real life.

Side note: today I realized I'm up to 8 eidos polos. They're great.

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Poor pics (& not with this shirt), but is this too large? It doesn't seem that bad from the front, but with arms straight from the side, it is a little off in the shoulders. Can't believe I have to ask, but I've gone back and forth on whether to return (smaller size isn't available). Maybe it will relax a little over time.

sebastian mcfox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Poor pics (& not with this shirt), but is this too large? It doesn't seem that bad from the front, but with arms straight from the side, it is a little off in the shoulders. Can't believe I have to ask, but I've gone back and forth on whether to return (smaller size isn't available). Maybe it will relax a little over time.
Yup, too big. Return it.

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1
My heart breaks for you, but it is indeed too big

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads