1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. jimstyles

jimstyles Member

Man, thank you so much for the kind words, and so sorry I missed you! I'm actually in New York right now, and, funny enough, I ran into Antonio (@NickPollica) yesterday at the Armoury! I also had the pleasure of meeting Greg from NMWA (@gdl203); their namesake Eidos cut looks killer in person.

Anyway, sorry again that I missed you, and I hope you've enjoyed your time in Nashville.

2. mossrockss

mossrockss Distinguished Member

Hey no problem man, sorry I wasn't able to see you. Next time. Enjoy your time in NYC! :)

3. sacafotos

sacafotos Distinguished Member

@mossrockss

I may pick up the Tipo Silk Navy hopsack as well. Killer piece!

You've inspired me to check out a few more items. Cheers.

4. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

@mossrockss

Nice pics. I like that brown windowpane and it looks like they have an unlined version of the brown shepherd's check jacket I have in the Tipo and possibly a beige jacket too similar to the one NMWA had before it was sold out in my size?

Are these all the Ciro cut? How does that compare with the NMWA version and the Tipo (if you have the latter).

Care to throw on that brown windowpane and take a pic? Indeed, throw all the SCs on (separately) and take pics? :)

@jimstyles nice looking store...you guys need to do a better job answering email queries tho...

5. mossrockss

Do it! It's amazing (though it's the Tenero I bought). Just got back from purchasing it; only needed sleeve alterations, which should be done in a week and then they'll send to me. One benefit of living out of state: no sales tax :)

[​IMG]

6. mossrockss

Haha sorry my man! Just got back—if you'd have asked me to before I went I'd have done it. once I get the navy tenero (should be next week), I'll throw it on and take pics—should fit exactly the same as every other tenero they've got. As for getting pics in the Ciro, sorry!

So the only Ciro they have is the gray suit. The jackets are all Tenero, except for a couple of last season's washed cashmere jackets which are Lavato. Everything they have in the store from this season is online at their online shop: https://www.haymakersandco.com/products/?section=302&tAction=Search&brid=1169

The brown/blue shepherds check is nice—something along these lines is probably next on my list for spring/summer, though this particular color and fabric combination is not my favorite.

As for how the Ciro compares to the NMWA cut—I was going to try and compare them side by side but forgot. I will say, however, that when I tried on the Ciro suit jacket—except for the full lining and ultra lightweight fabric difference—it cut essentially the same silhouette on me. As Antonio has said on here before, the differences are very minor between the two. It felt maybe a tad slimmer and shorter—but I could be mistaken on that.

Not certain which beige NMWA jacket you're referring to.

7. sacafotos

@mossrockss

I think he means the beige chunky hemp hopsack.

@TweedyProf

Re: brown window pane, you mean the one up on NMWA? It's the only Eidos piece left in my size, yet I'm not sure how often I'd wear it or with what.

Does anyone have any of these pieces and can comment on versatility?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015

8. mossrockss

If so, there was nothing like that there. The other windowpane you see in the pic (i.e. not the tan windowpane), I think was a light gray. The white balance is off in the photos. My memory is failing me about it, too, because it wasn't in my size, lol. Jim could confirm what that is when he's back from New York.

9. sacafotos

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. TweedyProf

@sacafotos

The navy silk blazer is a winner. I think the navy shepherds check also a winner (I have a winter version). I'm actually interested in the light gray as a summer jacket, over beige or white trousers (if you're still there, would you mind throwing the grey donegal on?). I know light grey is not usually a go to SC, but the texture on that and, I think, patch pockets, casualize the jacket.

11. TweedyProf

BTW: This is the brown jacket I was thinking of though I think I've seen it elsewhere and, I think, darker brown...

[​IMG]

A simple fit would be with white/cream/beige trousers and a nice textured tie, say raw silk, shantung solid in a color that complements the windowpane. A knit would be fine too.

12. DutchW

DutchW Senior Member

Wait, where are you? And what size jacket did you try on?

13. sacafotos

@TweedyProf

Believe it or not, they don't have it in the store. Maybe just online.

You'd recommend I get the navy silk over this field jacket? (worn over the gun club):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

@DutchW

Bloomingdales. Navy jacket is 46R.
    The gun club is a 46S.

[​IMG]

14. charliechan

charliechan Senior Member

Just received the chambray work shirt from Gentry NYC. It has has a great weight - heavier than I expected! But I noticed that it is slimmer and quite shorter in body and sleeve than the typical Eidos dress shirts.
    Are all the work shirts sized like that? Or dependent on retailer.

15. sacafotos

I've noticed a few things:

1) shirts seem to run 1-1.5 sizes small; the 38 is tight on me:
    [​IMG]

While I think I could pull off a 40 with some darting:
    [​IMG]

2) Notice I said 38 and 40 (US sizing) but the jackets and suits run in Euro sizing. This was news to me.

3) the polos are definitely run a size small, or should I say are cut really trim. I didn't notice a big difference in the yoke between a M and S, and the M fit me great in the body. The S felt like a sausage casing. IME, this usually means the S would look incredible if I had a muscular physique. I clearly do not :)

4) the yoke on the button up shirts doesn't seem to scale as quickly across the size spectrum as other makers, not relative to other dimensions, which seems to intentional because it's much easier to slightly taper the body than worry about the shoulders/neck on top of it. I feel that's a great thing. Maybe @NickPollica can comment if this was intentional; I am curious.

Also,

Are the polos and the linen striped pop-overs cut the same?

And how easy is it to tailor the shoulders on these jackets? I'd rather not, but might if I grab the navy silk.