• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am baffled as to how Eidos runs TTS for me. I barely fit into a 38 in brands that are even slightly slim (newer RL, Epaulet, etc.) but I am consistently a 38 in Eidos. Odd...

It's interesting. I found eidos fit me perfectly otr (I'm 6', 170 and a consistent 50) and the 50 fit me just right. And for reference, the Ring 50 fit me perfectly (albeit a smidge smaller). My size must be in some sort of sweet spot.

/that's what she said

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

No, I had to email them.

Their buy is so amazing. I hope they put the whole thing online - we did a ton of exclusive things for them like our spring peacoat in the cotton shantung garment dyed in a deep, inky navy, our picasso jacket in a heavy japanese indigo dyed canvas, and so so many more amazing things.

veloaudio

Reaction score

Their buy is so amazing. I hope they put the whole thing online - we did a ton of exclusive things for them like our spring peacoat in the cotton shantung garment dyed in a deep, inky navy, our picasso jacket in a heavy japanese indigo dyed canvas, and so so many more amazing things.

Wow, that is an amazing collection of pieces.

I fell in love with the Shantung Blousant as soon as I saw it in the SS15 Lookbook.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Absolutely in love with the Lupo! I have a few concerns, however, that I'm hoping you fine folks can help with.

1. Does this saturated pink work with dark skin?
2. Do they shrink a lot? The fit is great but any tighter might be a problem. (Also, is this a cold wash/ hang dry kind of shirt?)
3. Will they work with dark trousers or would that make me look cut in half?
4. Do people wear them untucked. I see they have them like that on some of the online retailers product pages but I'm not sure it works.
5. Wear can I find more! (Size small)

ComfortablyDumb

Reaction score

Absolutely in love with the Lupo! I have a few concerns, however, that I'm hoping you fine folks can help with.

2. Do they shrink a lot? The fit is great but any tighter might be a problem. (Also, is this a cold wash/ hang dry kind of shirt?)
4. Do people wear them untucked. I see they have them like that on some of the online retailers product pages but I'm not sure it works.

1. Yes, absolutely the pink works with darker skin!
2. In my experience they don't get much tighter with washing but they may get a bit shorter. Cold wash/hang dry is always a good idea.
3. Definitely works with darker trousers
4. I've never worn mine untucked. The curved hem makes them ideal for tucking, imo.
5. Not sure, but if you find a place with more XLs let me know too!

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Echoes my experience as well for tailoring, if you have more mass in the shoulders and chest. Though there is a chance that the shoulders might extend out and not be optimal.

I'm so bummed nobody carries a 52 short. Hopefully MTM will fix things for me.

You should check out the tailoring selection on carsonstreetclothiers.com - they carry the nero model which is essentially a tipo short - The 52R Nero will fit like a 52S Tipo.

I haven't seen that anywhere. I'm sure it looks great

Lawrencecovell.com and stanleykorshak.com have short sleeve camicia polos and Lawrence Covell has lupos.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@NickPollica
Thanks! I check them every hour:)

I know you said the Aldo collar is named after your father. What is the Lupo named for?

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ComfortablyDumb

Thanks for your responses. If I see any in your size I'll be sure to give you a heads up!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads