Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Shouldaville

Shouldaville Senior member

Thanks guys. Maybe I'll grab a smaller size in a different fabric. I liked the windowpane the best at Haberdash, but the boxcheck could be a good substitute.

2. NickPollica

NickPollica Senior member Affiliate Vendor

True to size with arms that fit deliberately slightly slim as they are knit in an english rib cotton and will stretch out. FWIW - this is absolutely a one and done, seasonal style.

3. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

It's worth pointing out that should divots are, typically, not caused by a jacket being too large. They're caused by the sleeve opening not fitting the shoulder/upper arm correctly. This can actually be caused by, amongst other things, the jacket being too small (not too large), as well as various other issues.

Jefferyd, an SF member and a very experienced tailor, wrote about this issue quite a few years back:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/151698/divot-terror#post_2686570

Quote: Interestingly, you can see that Jefferyd recommends sizing up, not sizing down and, if that doesn't work, trying a different cut.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015

4. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Are you doing an similar thing in navy later, like this - https://instagram.com/p/xiXOalueHs/?taken-by=eidosnapoli?

5. Styleternity

Styleternity Well-Known Member

^ +1

As much as I love the ecru/natural colourway I've found - by some strange reason beyond my articulation - that it doesn't complement my bulk too well. Navy would be very welcome and easy to wear!

6. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Do you guys feel the fully-lined nature of the Bloomingdale's jackets makes them that much tougher to wear on warmer days? Is it that noticeable when wearing the unlined pieces?

I'm digging the Tipo cut—and live in SF, so not sure the lining is that bad to have—but just curious if anyone has both and can compare.

7. gumercindo

gumercindo Senior member

8. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

Lining makes a pretty significant difference. It's probably a good thing for you in SF though....it rarely gets too warm there.

9. FLW

FLW Senior member

I think you will be fine. I have never really noticed that big a difference. If you really like a jacket tailors can take out the lining if needed, too

10. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

Just wanted to say how awesome it was to stop in at Haymakers & Co. in Nashville (@jimstyles).

Miranda and I geeked out over Eidos for like two hours; my poor friend who I'm visiting (who, incidentally, knew Miranda from high school LOL) and my wife had no idea what they were in for when we all drove there together.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

Whoa, that jacket looks really awesome. Didn't even know I wanted something like that. :p

Is it true to size compared to other Eidos jackets/shirts?

EDIT: Just realized that the jacket was in the lookbook all along. Maybe it's due the way it's styled there, but I never really paid much attention to it. Great looking piece! (as are pretty much every Eidos pieces I've seen)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015

12. NickPollica

NickPollica Senior member Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

That's our Pablo coat (named as such for obvious reasons). There were lots of Picasso references in the spring collection but I always loved this jacket so I thought I'd take a stab at recreating it.

13. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

Miranda was great—I had forgotten about this jacket as well, but she just kept bringing things to the fitting room for me to try on, haha. It was awesome.

I'm going back to today to pick up the silk navy tenero jacket. :slayer:

14. Chaconne

Chaconne Senior member

@mossrockss
    Wow, everything you tried on seems to look pretty good off the rack! Does the Dickie fit TTS or did you size up or down?

15. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

Normal size, which is 16.5. I accidentally tried on a 15.5 first and was busting out of it lol. Then realized my mistake, haha.