• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mallaig

Reaction score
I’m interested in the unlined Dover. Does anyone go down a half size or a width for these or are they made a bit slimmer to deal with the lack of lining? Which retailers stock these?
I’m hoping not. I have a pair of unlined dovers on their way to me with my regular EG sizing. Will post pictures and sizing experience when they arrive. Should be just a couple more days.

Thomson

Reaction score
I unintentionally went down half a size for mine due to human error, i.e. me being in a rush and getting my sizes wrong. They fit, little toe touches the side a bit more than in my calf leather dovers, but not really noticeable due to the softness of the leather. Can‘t comment if my usual size would have been better though.

jamesnyc

Reaction score
I have or have owned the following Dovers:
1. 606, Walnut CC, dubble Dainite
2. 606, Nutmeg Suede, B1 leather Sole
3. 606, DOAK cal, B1 leather Sole
4. 606, Burgundy calf, Single leather sole

Out of my dovers, #1 gets the most wear because it is well suited as an elegantly styled fowl weather shoe. It rains about 8/12 months a year where I am located, and when it does, my leather soled shoes stay in the rack. #2, I really like and is one of my most complimented E.G.'s. #3 and #4 have left the stable, one was irreparably damaged by a local cobbler and the other I had purchased early days and had done so in the wrong size. I don't however feel the need to repurchase the latter two, certainly not at full retail.

If I were to add another, it would probably be a dark brown suede one on the 606 on rubber.
Thank you. Because you mentioned about wrong size, may I ask you what’s your size compare to your brannock, Crockett&Jones, Carmina or Alden?

Mallaig

Reaction score
@Mallaig thank you, definitely keep me posted! Which makeup and retailer did you go with for the unlined?
I ordered some Snuff Suede unlined Dover’s on the 606 last from
@Mallaig thank you, definitely keep me posted! Which makeup and retailer did you go with for the unlined?
I ordered some Snuff Suede unlined Dover’s on the 606 last from Steve at Gentlemen’s Footwear.

michaelvl

Reaction score
Thank you. Because you mentioned about wrong size, may I ask you what’s your size compare to your brannock, Crockett&Jones, Carmina or Alden?

On the E.G. Brannock device, my left foot measures 5.8E and my right foot is 6.3E. I take a UK6E in EG's, 5.5E in CJ's and 5.5E in JLP.
The first E.G.'s I purchased as a novice were actually in UK7E, I purchased them at an E.G. retailer in Paris and was ill advised at the time regarding my size. No Brannock device was used at that shop.

E.G. UK6E fit me the best. I have owned a pair of E.G.'s in UK6.5E made on a 888 wooden last, but they developed heal as well as general slippage and excess roominess after subsequent wears, so badly that I had to get rid of them.

E.G.'s in UK6E generally start out fitting snug, especially on my right foot and do require a break in period of 5 to 6 wears before I can wear them without my right pinky being slightly irritated, but in contrast to half a size larger, they stay very well fitting throughout the shoes life.
Many pairs of E.G.'s I originally purchased in 2014 in UK6E, still fit me like a glove today. Currently all the E.G.'s I own are in UK6E. They were made on the following lasts: 64, 82, 137, 202, 606 and 888. The 137 fits the snuggest of them all.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m interested in the unlined Dover. Does anyone go down a half size or a width for these or are they made a bit slimmer to deal with the lack of lining? Which retailers stock these?

I went with the same size on my snuff suede unlined pair. I really, really like them and am certain you’ll be pleased.

jamesnyc

Reaction score
On the E.G. Brannock device, my left foot measures 5.8E and my right foot is 6.3E. I take a UK6E in EG's, 5.5E in CJ's and 5.5E in JLP.
The first E.G.'s I purchased as a novice were actually in UK7E, I purchased them at an E.G. retailer in Paris and was ill advised at the time regarding my size. No Brannock device was used at that shop.

E.G. UK6E fit me the best. I have owned a pair of E.G.'s in UK6.5E made on a 888 wooden last, but they developed heal as well as general slippage and excess roominess after subsequent wears, so badly that I had to get rid of them.

E.G.'s in UK6E generally start out fitting snug, especially on my right foot and do require a break in period of 5 to 6 wears before I can wear them without my right pinky being slightly irritated, but in contrast to half a size larger, they stay very well fitting throughout the shoes life.
Many pairs of E.G.'s I originally purchased in 2014 in UK6E, still fit me like a glove today. Currently all the E.G.'s I own are in UK6E. They were made on the following lasts: 64, 82, 137, 202, 606 and 888. The 137 fits the snuggest of them all.
Wow, the fact that recommending UK7E size to person in UK6E sounds horrible... speaking of wooden last, have you had chance to buy EG shoes after they changed to plastic last? Do you still take same size as EG shoes on wooden last? or half size down?

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA, hay everyone just a quick announcement I have listed my pair of Dovers size 10.5 UK on 202 last E width for sale. They were my MTO made with unique Brandy Willow leather. If you are interested in these shoo me a message, offers and trades for other shoes will be considered.
IMG_0292.JPEG

michaelvl

Reaction score
Wow, the fact that recommending UK7E size to person in UK6E sounds horrible... speaking of wooden last, have you had chance to buy EG shoes after they changed to plastic last? Do you still take same size as EG shoes on wooden last? or half size down?

It is quite shocking how few high-end shoe sellers actually know or care about proper shoe fit.

Yes, I still take the same size resin vs wood. My shoes that we made on a resin last generally seem marginally roomier in the toebox compared to the ones that were made on a wooden one, but in my case not so much so to justify sizing down a width. My size (UK6E) is on the smaller end of the spectrum. I cannot judge how the change from wood to resin lasts has effected other sizes, especially the larger ones. I presume the larger the size, the greater the potential differences could be in dimensions between the wood and resin lasts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads