• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW I was just told yet again that they won’t drop below 50%. That won’t stop me, of course, from trying again later.

AHS

TokenMao

Reaction score
FWIW I was just told yet again that they won’t drop below 50%. That won’t stop me, of course, from trying again later.

AHS

Had a friend go yesterday who was told the same thing. Rather than increase discounts to try and clear everything, BB said that they'd take the leftover stock and hold another sale in a few weeks. If I lived in the city I'd do exactly what you're doing just to see if anything changes later today.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I should mention that @AHS was kind enough to swap Dovers with me as we both seemed to settle on the wrong size initially - luckily, we both had the right size for the other person! And then he was very kind to pass on a pair of the Inverness at cost.

While I was there yesterday, I heard the following: at one point, I was told a bulk buyer/reseller had purchased the entire Allen Edmonds inventory before the sale even started - I guess that's why they were mentioned in the ads but nowhere to be found; then I was told they had an offer from a bulk buyer to purchase the rest of the EGs for 50%. Unfortunately, I think they were contemplating a drop on EGs to 80%, but this mystery buyer screwed us all lol; at another point I was told that whatever didn't sell was going back on the website at 50% off, although I wonder if EG would have anything to say about that.

My takeaway is that the bulk buyer is the most likely option, but I'd say there's a sliver of a possibility that the EGs drop to 80 at some point late in the day. Unfortunately, I have a household of sick people so couldn't make it into the city today, but someone should drop in and check it out if in the area.

Are you the bulk buyer?

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you the bulk buyer?

Ha! Not me. I’m too cheap to put down that kind of money. :)

Wearing the EG curzon / 82 last today as I walked back and forth from Brooks Brothers.

836AA1B9-8679-481E-8896-2E6071C352F4.jpeg

AHS

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you the bulk buyer?

Ha no, it isn’t me. If so, recently divorced bulk buyer would be more accurate

I assumed it was spoo or some other high-roller

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha! Not me. I’m too cheap to put down that kind of money. :)

Wearing the EG curzon / 82 last today as I walked back and forth from Brooks Brothers.

View attachment 946085

AHS

Nice! Was it Shannons yesterday? Either way, good showing! I had on. . . Bean boots

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like the 888 last. I don’t see anything wrong with Dovers on the 888 either. Not that different from Dovers on the 606, which is the most common configuration.
888 can look OK, but in larger sizes the toe overwhelms the rest of the shoe. Not quite the way the Deco GGs do, of course, but it is still out of proportion. 606 aims at the same idea, but has less overkill.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally, I prefer the look of the 890 eg last which is closer to tg73 imo. I feel 888 is very close to 71.

That said, the 888 last doesn’t fit with my feet which is my complaint about it. But that’s a personal preference thing

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads