• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Confirmed it’s Sassetti? Also there are two Sassetti right, Silvanno and the other one that makes for Ron Rider? Why do you think Sasetti suck, I have Silvanno Sassetti for RLPL and BG I like both.

The stuff they show on their own website is completely different though, they makes shoes or varying qualities for sure.

Sassetti makes nice shoes. But the BB models looks horrible. For the Golden Fleece line, it looks like they were going for a binder leather effect (corrected grain)?

Also, there's a video on the BB website that identifies Sassetti as the maker.

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shout out to Amory (AHS) for popping by the store and cactually found a pair of Piccadilly’s in my size. I decided against them as I forgot BB only offers Antique Burgundy but damn nice of him to check the shoes out and offer to pick them up. Good guy and appreciate your efforts.
+1, thanks to @AHS I have a pair of Inverness on the way to me!! Appreciate all the effort:worship:

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Surprised to see that the Rosewood country calf shade is a lot darker for the pair that I just purchased from the BR sale.
Below is the pic of Dovers which I purchased 1 year ago at Lefffot and the other pair together (both are Rosewood Country calf).
Anyone know why is that the case ? Are the Galway’s RCC also darker or same in color like the Dovers ?

357F119F-BD00-4CCC-89BB-891FD2FE0374.jpeg

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Surprised to see that the Rosewood country calf shade is a lot darker for the pair that I just purchased from the BR sale.
Below is the pic of Dovers which I purchased 1 year ago at Lefffot and the other pair together (both are Rosewood Country calf).
Anyone know why is that the case ? Are the Galway’s RCC also darker or same in color like the Dovers ?

View attachment 945357
those are both great.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 945357

Different batches of leather. Consistency if very rare with these things as I could figure by now + leather tends to darken or lighten considering the wear. The Dark Oak being the most prominent example as it's completely different brown now compared to the year 2014 for example. Not just a shade, but the whole color. Variation as big as with your shoes.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There appears to have been a modest re-stock of EGs at the BB warehouse sale. I put on hold a pair of Galways in size 8.5/9E (82 last, dark oak/mocha suede). If I don't buy them for myself, I would consider proxying the pair for someone who is interested. I have never proxied before so I would only do this if it is painless for me and risk free. PM with serious interest only.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There appears to have been a modest re-stock of EGs at the BB warehouse sale. I put on hold a pair of Galways in size 8.5/9E (82 last, dark oak/mocha suede). If I don't buy them for myself, I would consider proxying the pair for someone who is interested. I have never proxied before so I would only do this if it is painless for me and risk free. PM with serious interest only.
they mentioned that there were going to be restocks!

mockingboy

Reaction score
I went Tuesday (like many others) and, other than Galways, never thought that the BB stock made sense for them, their customers or me. A lot of 888 lasted single monk strap, or dovers on 888, or chelseas but not in brown or black. The only thing that vaguely interested me was the Picadilly in Burgundy Antique but for an extra couple hundred I can get exactly what I want.

I have 4 Banburys, 3 Picadillys, 4 Dovers, 2 Vetnors, 3 Chelseas, and a pair of Sandringhams so I know the brand well and I have to say the BB make-ups are the worst I've seen.

Maximus Rex

Reaction score
I went Tuesday (like many others) and, other than Galways, never thought that the BB stock made sense for them, their customers or me. A lot of 888 lasted single monk strap, or dovers on 888, or chelseas but not in brown or black. The only thing that vaguely interested me was the Picadilly in Burgundy Antique but for an extra couple hundred I can get exactly what I want.

I have 4 Banburys, 3 Picadillys, 4 Dovers, 2 Vetnors, 3 Chelseas, and a pair of Sandringhams so I know the brand well and I have to say the BB make-ups are the worst I've seen.

I agree with this assessment. Always scratched my head a bit at their offerings. Also the average BB customer doesn't buy EG in my view either.

mockingboy

Reaction score
That shoe store on 59th and Park that sells EG's in Manhattan had a sign on my way home Buy one pair 60% off the second pair. I didn't go in to ask if EGs were included, but the sign said all shoes.

They have about ten models: dovers in Black and DOAK, Picadillys in black and DOak, some chelseas, some tassel loafers, etc. More classic styles than BB (by far).

I will stop by tomorrow.

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m not quite sure what the issue is with the Dover on the 888 lol I picked it up on Tuesday and it looks great, in my opinion. I also have the Dover on 606, Ecton on 606, Halifax on Ralph Lauren’s 89 last and each is exquisite in its own way. It certainly doesn’t strike me as the abomination that’s been implied in recent posts.

A pair of Inverness on 888 also found its way into my possession.

It’s an odd sale, they just keep bringing things out lol I keep popping in since it’s near my office - one of the very nice ladies in charge pointed under a table and said she just put out something I might like - she was right. C&J captoe boots in horween shell cordovan on the 240 last. There’s a big fat horween stamp on one of the tongues. $998 with 80% off.

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any more of these left?

Who knows? They’re kind of bringing things out Willy-nilly. I heard there were shell cordovan shoes out on Tuesday but they went pretty quickly. This must have been in the back and was brought out today and stashed under a table where I found it. While I was there, I heard someone instructing a salesperson to bring out all the EGs in size 9 (I think) that they found in the back. I think the only way to know for sure is to see what is out and then ask someone to rummage through the back for you. They actually are quite nice there and would probably be willing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads