• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think of the Ventnor? I already have a Shanklin in Coffee suede and a special makeup loafer on the 606 in tobacco suede. Another shanklin in tobacco suede is also tempting....

benjamin8451

Reaction score

What do you guys think of the Ventnor? I already have a Shanklin in Coffee suede and a special makeup loafer on the 606 in tobacco suede. Another shanklin in tobacco suede is also tempting....

I somewhat think tobacco suede chukka is rather hard to pull off.

Right now I am still debating between Mocha and Tobacco.

urban

Reaction score
What are the benefits of an unlined chukka?
Comfort?

Is an unlined chukka meant to fill a slot in one's super casual, dress-down, super broken in shoes portfolio?

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
What are the benefits of an unlined chukka?
Comfort?

Is an unlined chukka meant to fill a slot in one's super casual, dress-down, super broken in shoes portfolio?
I don't think so. My unlined EG chukka does it all. I wear them with denim and I wear them to the office with chinos. The shape of the 202 last is so pretty you can dress them up a bit. To date they are my most complimented pair at the office.

benjamin8451

Reaction score

Do you gents have ventnor loafer? I know the recommendation is same size as your other EG. How comfortable is it? Is it worth it? Kind of scared of loafers.

lol Ttown. I have some laughs. Why are you afraid of loafers??? They do not bite. Lol

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lol Ttown. I have some laughs. Why are you afraid of loafers??? They do not bite. Lol

It's the sizing each time I have bought loafers they loosen up & stretch out etc. So sizing is big thing not sure to take normal 8.5UK sizing or go down to 8UK for loafer. But not in any hurry most likely ended up getting some thing else.

benjamin8451

Reaction score

It's the sizing each time I have bought loafers they loosen up & stretch out etc. So sizing is big thing not sure to take normal 8.5UK sizing or go down to 8UK for loafer. But not in any hurry most likely ended up getting some thing else.

I see. I usually take the same size.

But I barely wear loafers in summer. Only during the weekend when I do not have to work. And some times I am too lazy to get out of home, I won't wear them at all. So I wear loafer less than 10 times in summer time.

You may want to get woodlore shoe trees. They should keep your loafers in good shape.

Last edited:

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loafers are great shoes for warm weather. But yes, try them on before you pull the trigger and use slim shoe trees (not too tight).

Allen Dreadmon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Thanks Steel28!

I know this is the EG thread, but would one consider it redundant to own both Tobacco Shanklin's and Alden Snuff Suede Chukkas? Are any other colours available for the black Friday sale?

having more than 1 pair of similar boots. hmmmmmmm

I solved my "problem" by ordering the Mocha Shanklin's! My first two pairs of EG acquired within a few days of each other. I'm hooked! Now just to check off the others off the list...

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I solved my "problem" by ordering the Mocha Shanklin's!  My first two pairs of EG acquired within a few days of each other.  I'm hooked!  Now just to check off the others off the list...

you will be very happy with Shanklins

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads